Maker of things

Drftfan

So I like many other people purchased that lovely set of armor from maker of things. I really didn't think at the time about how thin it was. I assume if he bothered to make if out of abs it would be stronger.

So take this as a word of advice. Stay away... Period. It is just a really horrible set of armor. The helmet face and the ab section is cracked. It is not flexible and it flat out will not stand up to any sort of abuse.

I have now purchased my third set of armor from tray and I am looking forward to receiving that. I will be taking some pictures of this crap armor though and putting it back on eBay with a disclaimer it is meant for display only.

I at least kinda knew what I was getting with it but now that I have had it longer I have just come to realize how much he is ripping off people who dont know better.

yea, i believe he was kicked off the fisd (before my time) for shady dealings like this ;) some people just want a quick buck and dont care if there ripping somebody off :(

this should be pinned... and there should be a section on this forum that shows all the varieties of armor that people should avoid

Well, it's not pinned, but it is on the top half the first page of this forum:

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=18454

Guest MasterBlaster

Maker of junk,bites the big one!!!He should be reported to the proper authorities and flogged by everyone who fell into his insidious little trap

Basically Maker of things is a lair and recaster of TE2 armor. His recast is very poorly done because the Hips is thin and over heated to the point that it becomes very brittle.

Ā 

You should contact ebay about this.

his armor is not even HIPS.. it is regular styrene (like plastics used for model kits).. anyone who has ever made a model knows how weak that stuff is ;)

I just contacted him. I stated I would be filing a claim against him on eBay. There is so much more to this than the cheap quality. Because he also includes NOTHING to help you build this a builder would end up spending more money just to put it together. Mainly I am referring to the helmet. It is just the face, cap and ears. No lenses, no trim, no aerators. I mean if your gonna make a cheap set of armor you could at least help someone out to build your junky armor. As you can tell I am just irritated by this. I have been making batman pieces for years now. I sell on eBay because it opens me up to a larger market which allows me to focus on other avenues like acting etc. if I sent out such a poor quality piece as his armor I would be out of business. I have no idea how he has 100 percent feedback.

I think a warning specifically related to his armor should be posted. He is beyond a recaster. He is a poor maker of things.....

Edited by Drftfan

I am going on record as saying that my first armor was this armor. I did my research but only based on a visual comparison. Yes they are the TE2 molds so they are accurate. That's why I bought it. However, if I would have known that I would be making multiple repairs after EVERY troop, I would never had spent the money. Not only is it brittle to begin with, but add a little cold temperature (2011 McDonalds Thanksgiving Day Parade in Chicago) it became like notebook paper. My kidney plate SPLIT TOP TO BOTTOM IN HALF and all I did was take a deep breath. Thank goodness the cameras that were broadcasting this nationwide never got a shot of my backside!!!!

I will consider myself a posterchild for "you get what you pay for" Do your research and do NOT buy this armor with ANY intentions of EVER wearing it. You will be disappointed!!!

• 11 months later...