Contacting Doopy doos and blaster springs

sales@goopydoos.com is the only address they have.

I ordered my doopy doos kit Sept 27th and it never came. Then two days ago (11/21) they said it was returned to them, couldn't read the stamp why it was returned, and said I could repay for shipping to reship it. Why would I do that? To be out more money in the event that it gets returned, again, after waiting another 2 months? I asked them to ship UPS or FedEx. They said there is no UPS or FedEx in the UK. What? lol, ok whatever. So I send them the link to FedEx UK. At that point, they say they only mail things with the UK royal mail. (US version is the lame post office). I said no thanks, send me a refund.

So then I contact the guys at sic-fire.com. They get back to me in 10 minutes, and I placed my order. Then I find out, the guy who is making my blaster is not only in my garrison, I trooped with him a month ago lol and he's only a 45 minute drive from me. Super nice guy (Lewis) and if you really want a good blaster, I recommend them. (www.sci-fire.com)

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

• 2 weeks later...

That's all good. But be nice to doopydoo's. They have massive work load, and plenty of other Americans had their kits delivered without a problem. It's not doopydoo's fault that your customs office can't tell resin from a real gun (with your gun laws, I'd expect them to know). If doopydoo would send each blaster with different delivery services just because the customer requests it, it would be a 2 month waiting list, or even more.

Sci-Fire are awesome, no disagreement there. But they do make things in smaller runs than doopydoo. So consider those things above before you blast them.

And if someone US-based happens to read this and still want's a doopydoo but don't trust their customs office, here's one for sale. Super cheap even.

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13

That's all good. But be nice to doopydoo's. They have massive work load, and plenty of other Americans had their kits delivered without a problem. It's not doopydoo's fault that your customs office can't tell resin from a real gun (with your gun laws, I'd expect them to know). If doopydoo would send each blaster with different delivery services just because the customer requests it, it would be a 2 month waiting list, or even more.

Sci-Fire are awesome, no disagreement there. But they do make things in smaller runs than doopydoo. So consider those things above before you blast them.

Feel free to defend Doopy Doos all ya want. Thats your choice. But I've now been waiting for a refund for nearly two weeks.

Sorry, lousy customer service. Which has nothing to do with customs.

I emailed SciFire, had an email back in 10 minutes and a blaster a week later. That was the better decision here.

Edited by Trooper324

Well.... I bought a resin blaster kit from droopydoos and it showed up here a few weeks later. After I unpacked the kit I realized that the magazine was missing. I emailed them but received no response. A few days later another package showed up with the magazine part. They shipped it a few days after the original shipment. While I still haven't heard from droopydoos I'm stoked they sent it way before I emailed them. I agree about their terrible customer service... but its a fine product for those of us that are equally on a budget as we are needing something to keep us busy. If I boycotted every business that gave me less than stellar service, I'd have no where on Hawaii Island to spend my money.

Aloha,

-Eric

Well.... I bought a resin blaster kit from droopydoos and it showed up here a few weeks later. After I unpacked the kit I realized that the magazine was missing. I emailed them but received no response. A few days later another package showed up with the magazine part. They shipped it a few days after the original shipment. While I still haven't heard from droopydoos I'm stoked they sent it way before I emailed them. I agree about their terrible customer service... but its a fine product for those of us that are equally on a budget as we are needing something to keep us busy. If I boycotted every business that gave me less than stellar service, I'd have no where on Hawaii Island to spend my money. Aloha, -Eric

Same thing happened to me. Got the kit and was in the process of degreasing when I realised the mag piece was missing. I emailed them through ebay and got a response the next day.

They had employed a trainee that had made a balls up with the orders. Got my mag through pretty quick.

I met the Sci-fire boys in LA a few years back (C3 I think) and was invited to view their hotel room closet that was being used as a gun cabinet at the time LOL.

I so wished I'd been in a better financial position to purchase one of their E-11's then as not only do they not ship outside the U.S. but since then the U.K. is now subject to the VCR bill which prohibits the importing of realistic looking replica firearms so no hope of getting one now.

I'm actually really happy with the doopydo blaster. The detail is awesome and building it was great fun. I just hope my display mannequin is strong enough to hold it up 24/7 365 cos if it drops it's gonna be smasheroo!!

Edited by TK-4935

I had no problems with my doopydo blaster kit. It did take for ever to get it. The kit was a great buy. I built the kit and added some extra mods myself. I have since sold it. I will get another kit and build one more in the future for myself and a friend that has purchased his kit from them as well.

This was a Hasbro Conversion.

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13

Been waiting over a month now for my refund, no response from them to my emails. I've now had to file a complaint with my bank to get my money back. :(

But in the long run, I'm glad this happened because Lewis' Scifire Blaster is completely and utterly awesome. My first troop with it was yesterday at DSC. Here's a few picts

http://www.tk3425.com/?p=331

Edited by Trooper324

because Lewis' Scifire Blaster is completely and utterly awesome.

It´s always a question of the point of view - in my opinion a massive piece of rubber is awsome, too - but not meant in a nice way.

I wouldn´t know what to do with it if it was gifted to me - i want a tube with holes, slots to look in, t-track stuffed in holes, details and so on......

My E11 is made from a uncut real L2A3, so i´m not in the market for any of the 2 rubber/resin versions, and i´m glad you´re satisfied with your Sci-Fire - but if these 2 would be the only available versions out there and i would need one (and no metal allowed), i would go the Doopy-route. It just looks nicer vor me.

I too have had great luck with Doopydoos, I have finished one Hasbo conversion that looks great and I am in the middle of a full resin build. Go to www.doopydoos.com and go to the contact us section, there is their address and a phone number too, ask for Casey.

th_PB110010.jpgth_PB110011.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I like my Doopydoos blaster. The price was right and it looks great when built. I like the building process as much as the trooping, though. I didn't have any contact with them, but I got it in a timely manner.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Some of the blasters made in the US are mouth watering compared to the stuff sold here in the UK and to be honest with our stupid governments of the past and future we hold no hope of having our dreams shattered by our so called intelligent leaders and of course those who know much better my gripe is we are wanting the blasters for trooping but if we buy do we loose our blasters and hard earned cash if we follow our wantings of a top class blaster I`d love to know how the law stands here on imports in the UK but knowing or contacting customs here are near on getting a personel chat with the lord neither one employee to the next really knows they see a gun and its illegal so has any Brit trooper had any trouble inporting a US (made in heaven ) blaster please give me the info im desperate to get or do I have to suffer with great envy of the troopers in the US and other countries who have the right kit ?????????????

Some of the blasters made in the US are mouth watering compared to the stuff sold here in the UK and to be honest with our stupid governments of the past and future we hold no hope of having our dreams shattered by our so called intelligent leaders and of course those who know much better my gripe is we are wanting the blasters for trooping but if we buy do we loose our blasters and hard earned cash if we follow our wantings of a top class blaster I`d love to know how the law stands here on imports in the UK but knowing or contacting customs here are near on getting a personel chat with the lord neither one employee to the next really knows they see a gun and its illegal so has any Brit trooper had any trouble inporting a US (made in heaven ) blaster please give me the info im desperate to get or do I have to suffer with great envy of the troopers in the US and other countries who have the right kit ?????????????

Doopydoo blasters are made in Brittain. Or get a deac easily in the UK, which few US troopers are able to do. You could also get one of the pugman ESB blasters from RS (also brittish), which are cast from an original LFL E-11.

You could get a real deactivated Sterling in UK and have the ultimate E-11 blaster, it is like handling the real screen used prop :) - I got my deact. uncut Sterling SMG from UK not long ago and not even the Master Replicas blaster come close to it (I have that too).