Helmet off-balance?

ZacMuleer

Howdy, all -

I've yet to construct a build thread, though I think I should for this reason. I am mostly replicating pandatrooper's builds, so I know you all have seen those before. But I've recently come to a problem. I think.

I'm putting together an ATA helmet (again, thank you pandatrooper, for the amazing build thread). I make all the necessary cuts and clamp the face to the cap-n-back where I think it should go. Looks pretty good, eh?

tjiv3jR.jpg

I'll work on finishing the teeth later. But looking at it from almost all angles it looks really freakin' good. The front (above) and both sides are lined up right in the center (the forehead traps line up with the eye sockets).

OovreyP.jpgAnd the other side...

RGoRVuC.jpg

I put the helmet down to begin to work on the ears, and it looks like the face is kinda squinting at me. I know that the helmet is screen-derived, and that it isn't supposed to be symmetrical. But does this look normal?

1SoPHNI.jpg

It seems that the left side sticks out farther than the right...

In this picture, it would seem that instead of a straight line, the axis of the face is curved upward.

f444IMd.jpg

If it is supposed to look like this, then I'll sit down and shut up, but did riveting the bottom cause this? I took one lower rivet out to see if it would fix the problem, but haven't seen a change. Would taking the other out as well (And leaving it out) fix the issue?

And do the ears do a good job of holding the rest of the helmet in place (no swiveling)?

Thanks, all!!

FX will still look 100 times worse than anything screen accurate though. :wacko:

Amen to that!!

You want it to look realy weird?

Stick it in fromt of a mirror.

That really shows up just how wonky the screen accurate lids are in all their beauty.

I had a feeling I knew what it was going to be before I even opened the thread lol.

Just par for the course. I remember the first accurate bucket I build I tried to correct that, little did I know. I'll take that bit of wonkyness (you ONLY ever see it if you look directly above anyway) over the insanely huge FX bucket.

Good job on that so far, you are on the right track, just keep on going with it!

Yeah it's just personal preferance. We all have our different ideas about what looks best. Wasn't trying to start an arguement.

By the way, I don't still wear that FX lid in my pic there. Haven't for a couple years. I guess I need to change that pic someday.

Edited by Laspector

• 2 weeks later...