Si-Man has done his first stormtrooper pull from his suit

My SiMan helmet arrived in the US, Valencia Ca. Today!!!!! Mint Condition, I could not be more Pleased, Just like Christmas in this House right now!!!!!! Can't wait till my kit arrives!!!! Question if anyone knows Did the original Helmets have mesh in the nose teeth??

BTW: There bumps all over this helmet I wish each one could tell me a story..

anhorig1.jpg

anhorig3.jpg

anhorig4.jpg

anhorig5.jpg

anhorig6.jpg

anhorig7.jpg

anhorig12.jpg

anhorig8.jpg

anhorig10.jpg

anhorig11.jpg

The return edge on the chest doesn't look very deep. Is he only gonna do the armor in abs?

Ā 

Looks like abs to me. wow ,amazing pics!!!! awesome helmet. i know that the TD didnt have mesh in the teeth, as far as i knew they all had mesh....???

NO original helmets had mesh in their teeth. It's something invented by the 501st to keep the public from seeing who's inside the helmet.

I thought they had original latex handguards with this suit? It looks like they created new hand guards, as well the missing shoulder bridges. TM had been over top see them recently. Wonder if he helped them out with that?

Is that a gloss HIPS pull?

I thought they had original latex handguards with this suit? It looks like they created new hand guards, as well the missing shoulder bridges. TM had been over top see them recently. Wonder if he helped them out with that?

Is that a gloss HIPS pull?

I don' think you can mould the shoulder bridges without breaking them off of the torso, remember they are glued and fragile, so it might not be possible to mould them. Also, latex hand guards will probably never be included in any kit. If we get plastic hand guards moulded from his latex ones, we should be lucky.

Interesting as this one does not have the ribbed shoulder bridges. Just the straps holding the chest and back togther. This was fact brought up on the Prop Den.

I have a pic of it and there seems no damage to the chest at all where they would have been attached. Its possible that the glue withered over time and they came loose. If I can juts work out loading up the image, I will post it for all to see!!

Ah, I forgot that detail. There never were any shoulder bridges on the original suit because it was a sandtrooper suit and they never had shoulder bridges.

This looks very promising. The chaps at RS have already shown they're very capable with the helmets they're produced so there's no reason the armour shouldn't turn out really great.

Ā 

On a side note, here are a couple of observations from a TM-owner's point of view having now seen these test pulls ...

Ā 

- Put certain parts side-by-side in the same with a TM and I'd be hard pressed to tell them apart. Paul, you're a genius!

Ā 

- Because the limb pieces have been cast from an assembled suit, you're going to be faced with the same width restrictions as on the TE-type suits.

Ironically, the parts you can buy from TM are probably closer to the original cast parts (before assembly), i.e. there is some allowance in the mould. Within a range of a few centimetres, you can trim to the appropriate girth.

All the original suits seem to have been made up with slim-fitting limbs and, unless some allowance is added to the moulds, the bulkier trooper is going to need to increase the width of cover strips and add shims etc. like of ROTJ/TE lineage stuff.

Ā 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking this in any way. It's a fantastic historic development for all TK fans, I would love a suit from these guys and it would probably fit me like a glove as is.

It's just that with any development like this, people start talking about it meaning "the end for maker X", "curtains for brand Y" etc. and, as a wearer of TM and an absolute endorser of TM armour, for me these photos demonstrate even more just how amazing Paul's work to date (without access to an original suit) has been.

Ā 

Just as the arrival of TE didn't spell the end for FX, I don't think any existign supplier needs to feel threatened by the arrival of anoother. The choice for those looking to buy armour just keeps getting better and teh hobby just keeps getting more fascinating.

Ā 

So, that's another for the list then .....

A CfO ...

... another TM

... and now one of these.

Ā 

:0Lighten: Anyone want to buy a kidney?

I could use a spare kidney, a friend of mine is missing one! :lol:

Ā 

Edit: I completely agree with Rich on all counts. This is an amazing development, and I'm looking forward to seeing it completed. And it truly shows how close Pauls work of replicating an original suit have been. Pure genius!

Edited by Locitus

Were ABS hand guards made first for sandtroopers only? In a RS props photo of the suit laid out, you can see a hand guard with black markings under the right leg.

In a Prop Den thread, TM spotted what looked like the same hand guard in an old photo of a stormtrooper outside with a load of kids. He believed this could be Simonā€™s suit. Maybe he can comment.