Armor History Discussion

come on man! I am offering you ALL a chance to see the ANH cod plate at POINT BLANK RANGE. Its not to be mean, it is to say no one has it right and would not know unless you saw one in the flesh..

T*E

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

come on man! I am offering you ALL a chance to see the ANH cod plate at POINT BLANK RANGE. Its not to be mean, it is to say no one has it right and would not know unless you saw one in the flesh..

T*E

Yeah! lets see this cod!!! :duim:

I find it dissapointing that Matt cant answer the questions that are posed to him. Its frustrating to read another post and find that your questions are passed over and only finger pointing has taken place. Gino still hasnt answered some questions as well, but has been more forthcoming.....and more calm.

So here is what we have established...I think. TE aquired the armor parts (from?) and recasted them with his friend Mike. TE sent the loose pulls to GF in the hopes that GF would sculpt them into something nicer. GF went overboard and TE decided to part ways with GF. GF then sold his molds after his C and D from lucas to AP. AP is the current producer of ABS troopable armor. TE's partner Mike makes a deal with Gino's partner Dave to buy the "ROTJ" molds and sends the molds along with the faceplate and cap n back off. TE waits for his suits which were part of the deal, but they never show and so he demands the molds to the cap n back and faceplate to be sent back. Since TE has had the "ANH" molds all along he doesnt care about the ROTJ molds in Gino's possesion and Gino or Dave paid for em anyway. TE begins producing his armor and molds. Gino begins producing his nice helmets. TE says he's getting out and works out a deal with Guns to buy his "ANH" molds and Faceplate and Cap n Back. Guns begins making TE2 armor and helmets. TE comes out with the Dave M helmet "STS" as a scan and offers up a fiberglass helmet. Since nobody seems interested in the fiberglass version TE starts Vac forming HDPE over the "STS" molds and selling helmets again. TE rumors that Dan is now working on a very accurate ANH set of armor. Gino shows that he also is about 80% done with his armor.

Is that right????

About 60%.

Plus there was a lot of stuff left out.

Here are the inaccurate parts.

It was Matt AND Mike together who made the deal with me and Dave. The deal was for the rotj helmet, armor, as well as the anh helmet.

Once GF and I realized that Matt had made deals with both parties, GF contacted Matt and complained. Matt, in an effort to appease GF, promised him that he would have the rights to make ANH style helmets and armor, and Dave and I would only be allowed to make ROTJ style.

When Matt came to us and dropped this on us (after ALL the molds were paid for) naturally we told him to get bent. What nerve of him to make conditions on our molds months after we bought and paid for them.

It wasn't until after we told him to piss off with that arrangement, that out of desperation lied and said that we stole the molds, and then later when proved that we did not, publicly apologized and retracted his accusation.

There was no agreement for either Mike or Matt to get suits. Another one of Matt's lies. Think about it, if he still had molds (as he claims) why would he need us to send him suits?

Matt wanting to get back into the armor biz, acquires a set of the converted GF armor, has it revised once again and supplemented with tour suit parts and starts making TE2 armor, which is later sold to Guns.

Seriously .. this is soooo interesting. I've been reading around these boards for over a year now, and never, EVER, have seen so much detailed information concentrated in the same thread.

Keep on posting for history...

Keep on flamming for entertainment...

I'm all ears!

Seriously .. this is soooo interesting. I've been reading around these boards for over a year now, and never, EVER, have seen so much detailed information concentrated in the same thread.

Keep on posting for history...

Keep on flamming for entertainment...

I'm all ears!

I second that! :D:pint1:

*takes seat and waits for keg . passes round the peanuts*

Thanks to all concerned , this has been the most interesting thread I've read anywhere , in a loooong time :)

I´m just about finish reading the 9 pages here.

Thanks for all the info, something new, something old.

But good stuff.

I have been a big anh troop fan since my childhood.

So i love to get more knowless about it.

I just wish, that we all can be friends one day.

And have a good time together whit this hobby.

To me good suits are te, te2, gino, gf, ap, sds and tm.

I own two tm suits, and very happy whit them.

Well peace out brothers ;)

About 60%.

Plus there was a lot of stuff left out.

Here are the inaccurate parts.

It was Matt AND Mike together who made the deal with me and Dave. The deal was for the rotj helmet, armor, as well as the anh helmet.

Once GF and I realized that Matt had made deals with both parties, GF contacted Matt and complained. Matt, in an effort to appease GF, promised him that he would have the rights to make ANH style helmets and armor, and Dave and I would only be allowed to make ROTJ style.

When Matt came to us and dropped this on us (after ALL the molds were paid for) naturally we told him to get bent. What nerve of him to make conditions on our molds months after we bought and paid for them.

It wasn't until after we told him to piss off with that arrangement, that out of desperation lied and said that we stole the molds, and then later when proved that we did not, publicly apologized and retracted his accusation.

There was no agreement for either Mike or Matt to get suits. Another one of Matt's lies. Think about it, if he still had molds (as he claims) why would he need us to send him suits?

Matt wanting to get back into the armor biz, acquires a set of the converted GF armor, has it revised once again and supplemented with tour suit parts and starts making TE2 armor, which is later sold to Guns.

LOL!

Such a pile of tripe. Keep pushing the lie gino!

I am so amazed how you make stuff up as you go to satisfy your need to be better than everyone else.

And no, I did not sell the molds to you and dave. I never made dime one from the deal. Not one dime. You got me involved with trying to make me say things like I wasnt going to make armor. I told you both I was not invlolve and to speak to Mike.

Now, the ROTJ armor you BOTH agreed to make us. Why? Because we did not make ourselves. You both agreed to this, but it was obvious it was to only placate us to get the deal done with mike an move on. Prove you bought the ANH molds.. oh thats right.. you cant. I can prove you didnt.. Just like you cant prove the GF armor BS because it isnt true. Its another one of your fabricated lies to again, attempt to make yourself look better than everyone else out there.

I see you dont want to get smacked down again by posting a close up of your inaccurate cod piece, just like I proved to you that not all stunt helmets have bumps. Thus proving, you dont know much about it. gino do the world a favor and either start offering your suits and helmets, or shut up... The challenge is there, so either do it or stop pissing and moaning and put oyur money where your mouth is.

An stop brushing resin into your parts you send out. The originals didnt have resin in them, so what are you doing it for? Accurate my an impolite person...

T*E

The name calling, slave Leia slapping, finger pointing, things haven't been this entertaining since Real World San Fransisco!!!

For everyones enjoyment: This is the email I sent gino and his wondeful reply to the truth about what he did to the cap and back mold, and the reason he is trying to get himself in a better position i the community:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 01:03:24 -0400

To: "trooperexpert" <trooperexpert421@yahoo.com>

On Jun 22, 2006, at 1:00 AM, trooperexpert wrote:

> ruining helmet molds, theft and thinking you know

> something is laughable my man.. simply laughable.. LFL

> calls me and not you the expert. Undoing damage?

> Hah.. you have no clue what you are talking about.

> Never even SEEN an ANH original, seen the suits from

> ANH which I have, and also worn and touched the

> helmets, dont think you can learn anything from a

> photo. You are clueless and always will be.. LOL!

>

> Dont forget who and what you are Gino.. I noticed the last thing you

> wrote a while ago about the bumpy cap and back molds..

> the mold was damaged and in my opinion unuseable so my

> mold is now the only one worth using.. Nice tactic..

> Ruin my mold to boost your sales possibilities..

> bravo...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

T*E

For everyones enjoyment: This is the email I sent gino and his wondeful reply to the truth about what he did to the cap and back mold, and the reason he is trying to get himself in a better position i the community:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 01:03:24 -0400

To: "trooperexpert" <trooperexpert421@yahoo.com>

On Jun 22, 2006, at 1:00 AM, trooperexpert wrote:

> ruining helmet molds, theft and thinking you know

> something is laughable my man.. simply laughable.. LFL

> calls me and not you the expert. Undoing damage?

> Hah.. you have no clue what you are talking about.

> Never even SEEN an ANH original, seen the suits from

> ANH which I have, and also worn and touched the

> helmets, dont think you can learn anything from a

> photo. You are clueless and always will be.. LOL!

>

> Dont forget who and what you are Gino.. . I noticed the last thing you

> wrote a while ago about the bumpy cap and back molds..

> the mold was damaged and in my opinion unuseable so my

> mold is now the only one worth using.. Nice tactic..

> Ruin my mold to boost your sales possibilities..

> bravo...

>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

T*E

WEL WELL WELL, Guess what I foun locked in my yahoo archives! A COMPLETE history, straight from gieldas mouth of the dealings and also him admitting about the helmet molds being returned.

Guess what else? It also says dave did the entire deal and gin is not involved. It ALSO states that Dave already knew and was fine with the GF situation of him making ANH and that Dave and gino would do ROTJ!

I will be posting this for all to see when I get home.

MODS: please contact me via email asap so I can forward this to you before I post.

:)

T*E

LOL!

gino do the world a favor and either start offering your suits and helmets, or shut up... The challenge is there, so either do it or stop pissing and moaning and put oyur money where your mouth is.

T*E

He's got a fair point there ;)

MODS: please contact me via email asap so I can forward this to you before I post.

:)

T*E

Matt, thanks for the heads-up. I don't have your email, so hopefully you will see this note. Please send it to my email which is tallracer333 AT yahoo DOT com. Thanks!

Oh I am sorry.. I thought this was bash TE thread... Then tell the others to work on the history and stop with the in accurate stories.

:rolleyes:

T*E

Matt this isnt a "bash TE" thread, but more of a "BUYER BEWARE" thread. You can list all the excuses you want but like I keep saying - HOW COME SO MANY PEOPLE RAISE CONCERN ABOUT THEIR DEALS WITH YOU?

You're answers has them all wrong, and you right. Funny that!

Oh and dont accuse me of "threatening" you when I haven't. I'm sorry if you're feeling the pressure.

Cheers

Jez

6. Johns suit is a tour suit and I passed as well as others did back in 1999. It was not screen used and the strapping does NOT match the other 45 ROTJ suits I worked with in the archives an I offered him $25K over the phone. I had 3 different suits at the time, all real and well, I wanted this one for my collection. When i say real, it means they are LFL suits.. screen used is another matter altogether.

Matt, I have never spoken to you... either in person or on the telephone. You made several offers for the costume via email.

I have had the costume verified by several well-informed members of the screenused prop-collecting community, so I'm comfortable that the costume is an original ROTJ Stormtrooper costume which was likely used for filming at Elstree studios back in 1982, so Matt's opinion is irrelevant to me.

Matt - I will ask you only once... stop posting your opinion of my original Stormtrooper costume on public forums. Thank you.

John

Matt, I have never spoken to you... either in person or on the telephone. You made several offers for the costume via email.

I have had the costume verified by several well-informed members of the screenused prop-collecting community, so I'm comfortable that the costume is an original ROTJ Stormtrooper costume which was likely used for filming at Elstree studios back in 1982, so Matt's opinion is irrelevant to me.

Matt - I will ask you only once... stop posting your opinion of my original Stormtrooper costume on public forums. Thank you.

John

welcome to the FISD John! :duim::salute: