Helmet Liner

I tried the hard hat inset but i just couldnt get the glue to stick, so i have done this now, its sits well on my head and no wobble.

what do you think of this method, the stuff looks quite good inside too

rNBbvlK.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

No, believe it or not its a pair of knee pads from my work trousers!!!! got a few pairs so i cut this pair up and it works great. Cheap too.

Very interesting. I've never heard of that before. Nice work man. It looks great.

dare i ask what kind of work you do? :) I was just curious what kind of pants they are. looks confy btw

im an engineer, i travel the uk repairing lifts, gates, trash compactors basicly anything the instore techs cant repair for tesco supermarkets

only really work a couple of days a week, on call.

I'm putting a pair of those pads in my new helmet. I am just trying to find a good way of arranging the pads so my helmet doesn't flop all over the place.

they really do the job tm.

they are the scruffs brand. got them at my local builders merchants for about £8 a pair.

You think it's possible to post a pic of this thing you've used. A pic of the package or anything useful to go out and find in stores around?

I have the AP bucket. I've try the hard hat liner without any success (my head wouldn't fit with the things inside as I couldn't enter sideway anymore.

Now, I have a bunch of black foam from shipping boxes that I collected that I may try trimming to the perfect fit. But this things looks really nice. Perhaps it's also available here?

@mrfurious

That really is a great idea and it looks very good in the bucket.

I would really like to try that myself.

@Bigturc

The manufacturer is named "Scruffs" and here is the corresponding page from their homepage with a good picture:

----------

Unfortunately they only take orders from inside the UK.

I hope that helped a bit,

greetings

Alex

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

• 9 months later...
PandaMan said:
Anybody know of a supplier here in the States for the Scruffs (or similar) knee pads?

Brian

Here's a similar set, unforfunately not based in the US but I'm sure if you contact either company

they'd be more than happy to ship them out to you. :)

---------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021