Is this Matt-TE-thank you if so

Hi all

This was my initial ad still stands somewhat.

Having owned a TE HDPE and dealing with Matt I must say i have had no problems.

I do realise that there has been some issues in the past and thought this was very very gracious of Matt if this is indeed TE.

Is this TE ?

Apologies if I am behind the times but I have not been on for a while and just wanted to ask and thank the guy who is showing me vac basics.

Now I am very very angry, please read below.

Thank god for TM.---------------

regards

gra

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

On 12/14/2010 at 12:16 PM, tk7713gra30 said:

Hi all

Having owned a TE HDPE and dealing with Matt I must say i have had no problems.

I do realise that there has been some issues in the past and thought this was very very gracious of Matt if this is indeed TE.

Is this TE ?

Apologies if I am behind the times but I have not been on for a while and just wanted to ask and thank the guy who is showing me vac basics.

-----------

regards

gra

I didn't realise my £700 TE HDPE helmet was made so easily :-)-bought directly from Matt as he told me he wouldn't be making anymore.

Sold recently for a lot less to a great guy in Austria.

That is not a moan as it was my choice but it is interesting to see.

I really really do appreciate this, good to see

Thanks again

regards

gra

Edited by gmrhodes13

Sorry for so many posts,

After seeing how openly the cheapness of products used are shown I am really really gutted, and feel sorry for us who have paid so much.

I have my TM and now will never ever buy another TE

He should have shown but kept prices quiet.

No wonder I live so humble.

Also nice to see how much respect he shows to our goods.

Edited by tk7713gra30

On 12/14/2010 at 1:15 PM, Amish Trooper said:

I say if you were happy with your piece then so be it. Just because how TE made it shouldn't cheapen it. Alot of us have paid through the nose for that warm fuzzy feeling.

Show me how you made it yes, don't tell me how cheap it cost you though.

Do you really, really think that is ok?

I was waiting for this, I agree it was my choice to pay the money, and I did.

But stating how cheap costs are, really does rub a persons nose in it.

You obviously have not watched all the videos, ie EMPS moulds for cents per plug, forearms at 35 dollars, expensive ?

By comparison I make these,------------

They take me 18 months from scratch and I would expect £500 max for the master. Sold as is £1000 and they have all won awards at world level.

There was no need to make us see prices or the ease they were made when we all know the history, that is my point.

I though I really had something special, obviously not.

regards

Gra

Edited by gmrhodes13

On 12/14/2010 at 1:48 PM, SuperTrooper said:

Great work, what scale is that? I used to paint (among other things) for GW here in the States eight to ten years ago, and can fully appreciate your craft.

Hi mate, it 1/32- 1/35.

Its a fudgy scale as I work from the boots up so the head fits the body when i sculpt, i like to get them tiny but people are always one step ahead.

Here is a stock one I did,

------------

Both got awards at euro 2 yrs ago

regards

hope you can see my point, it about waht you do and do not keep to yourself.

All the best

Gra

Edited by gmrhodes13

doesnt really matter how easy it is to make, he has the molds he can charge whatever price he likes

YES HE CAN, and I can moan if i have paid what he charged for something that is not what he told me, ie his last.

So you really think it is right to make so public, really?

i have no problem with the prices if it is kept one to one, and correct me if i am wrong but Matt was very very quiet over the years.

I PERSONALLY asked him for a helmet and was told it would be his last one, I have the emails.

Now i see this.

i was also asked to keep all his details quiet and all transactions.

For a forum who does not believe in seeing members off i cannot believe a member does not feel the same.

Again, i is not the money spent, it is the way it is publicised on his videos, is it to help us? is it to tell us how little it costs? why was i told something and now i see these?

regards

Do you support SDS in the same way? he has the moulds !

I am sorry if I have not put my point across easily, IT IS NOT THE MONEY, however Matt was so illusive for years, for those who HAVE paid big bucks, as directed by Matt, was there really any need to show and explain what costs are really involved. A tutorial was enough.

I was lucky but there are many many many who have hands burnt.

Also personally, can you see after paying £700 for a helmet from Matt for his last helmet, how these videos make me feel.

Edited by tk7713gra30

The bottom line is ; Matt is a tosser and should not be supported. Unfortunately the only people who realise this are those who have been burnt and treated badly by him :(

That is very expensive for a TE HDPE. I payed $350 for mine.

Matt is always saying it's his last one. :lol:

I payed Matt in full for 2 helmets over 2 years ago and guess what? I'm still waiting for them!

I chugged for you that you actually got it and your deal went smoothly. He was probably skint. That the only time I have had a smooth deal with Matt. He owes me $800. He's nothing but a thieif. I've given him the benefit of the doubt so many times I've lost count. He's even a Facebook friend!

in my book friends don't treat each other the way he does. I payed for a suit of armour which took a year and a half to arrive and when it did it certainly didn't look like it had been assembled by a "TrooperExpert"! More like a 3year old. :lol: glue and overspray everywhere.

Enough ranting from me.

I'm glad your deal went well but many others didn't.

Just one word on cost. It's no relation to how much plastic costs or what machinery you use. You have to take into account the many months making the moulds and the cost in doing so. Not forgetting the cost of the suit the moulds came from etc....

I should know I'm doing just that myself.

Still doesn't excuse Matt being a thief.

I didn't realise my £700 TE HDPE helmet was made so easily

That bloke must have big windows ... he certainly saw you coming!

Really am sorry you got taken for a ride, mate. Obviously you agreed a price and all that and noone forced you blah, blah ... but he obviously identified you as someone with less experience and tried it on.

Unfortunately the only people who realise this are those who have been burnt and treated badly by him :(

Fortunately, this is not entirely true.

Ever since I've been on these boards, there's been one bloke on here - "burningswordsith" I think he's called, something like that - with a friendly warning in his signature. ;)

Add to that his absence from the list of recommended armour sellers and general discussions within the community, and I have never ever once been tempted, believe me!

I reckon a few troopers have been saved from parting with their hard-earned cash.

There's no denying he'll make more

3600 suits!!!! In 10 yrs

Sadly they're all made that way. Cheap and nasty.

I don't know what you guys expect? A lab and white coats.

AAs videos are the same. Very simple to make the things, and people who do it well will make it look even easier. AA looks the more knowledgable of plastics tho.

That said........

There is a loooooad of work in making a full sized suit and I doubt there's anyone out there who will do it for the goodness in the their heart. They do it to sell it to us and make a bit of money.

Imagine TM, at least he sculpted his. So there's another step others don't do. TE didn't sculpt anything! But the suit he got wasn't cheap I bet! So whose should cost more? Not an easy answer.

One thing I will say is Matt had some nice resin moulds. Probably made more than one set too ;) lol

No denying he's a scumpunk when he keeps telling you it's his last lot......or has sold copies of those moulds to lots if people

Stolen off his mate? What a ####!

Edited by john danter

Matt has been saying for years "this pull is the last pull" its a great marketing ploy to get naive people to quickly part with their money thinking they are getting the last great Pull off an original mold, which just to add fuel to the fire has probably been re-worked numerous times.

with 3600 suits done you have to be really naive to think yours is definately going to be the last one.

Sadly Matt started out as great guy but over the years has become a bitter and twisted man, paranoid that for years he had been recasted and sadly the unsuspecting buyer is bareing the full brunt of his pay back time attitude.

As for the way he pulls his armour, its a crude process however i cant believe the TE empire has been run from His kitchen.

Personally i would have contacted Matt and then asked around for varification on his statement i bet my life people would have come forward saying"yeah Matt told me this is the last one too" however i wouldnt touch a TE if it was the last Armour available.

There is an old saying Fools rush in where angels fear to tread, im not calling you a fool in this instance, my point however being i think the allure of owning a TE has ruled your head.

Disappointing for you a valuable lesson for everyone else

wow, i can't believe this high end armor is made on such a low end rig. i was using similar equipment when i started doing clones and found it to be just slow and awkward.

once people realize how much goes into the actual production of this stuff it changes your whole world view.

it costs me around $175 to make a clone armor kit, depending on what i paid for plastic that time. it can be +/- $50 depending on size of order and costs of the day. it takes me around 2.5 hours if i'm going solo or around 1.5 hours if i have a helper, per kit. if you add in mold repairs, trash pickup, blades, etc... we're looking at as much as $250 per suit cost. anything over that goes toward future projects / system maintenance / recouping investment / profit.

Matt pulled the same crap with me all the time. In fact, the forming video that you posted was created just for the fact that (at the time) the ROTJ 2009 run of armor and helmet was going to be his LAST time making suits, so he decided to film it in tribute to it. Of course, he went on to produce more armor for 2010 and so on. I also bought the "mysterious" LFL cds from him only to discover that he was holding out on me.

Caleb

Edited by TKCaleb

when I was a noob and don't get me wrong. I still am. I thought at first guess his brand/name TE was the best. How dumb of me. Everything was based off TE from how I took this hobby. I'm glad I didn't purchase directly from him and I learned from you guys as warnings. I hope other new guys learn the same.

He seems like a cocky chump in the videos.

What I'm curious about is who posted the video and did he have a reason?

Also I'm glad people offer more armor now. I wish I had such a selection when I first started.

Doen't feel bad Joey. It wasn't that long ago that TE really was the pinnacle of trooper armor and the simply the most accurate you can get. I'd argue that the TE2 helmet is still that way today.

Heck, my first kit was eBay FX from costumejunkie. Ah, how things have changed. It's also a good reminder to never get too bent out of shape. What is the cutting edge today will be 501st base standards 5 years from now.