TM Sculpts?

manxtrooper

I used to be on there alot and checked the links in the sticky above but the photos on RPF to do with it all seem to go to flickr homepage now, the old links must have been lost as they were yahoo hosted which must have been merged with flickr now.

Ā 

Just wondering if they've ever been shared as I'm genuinely interested in seeing early build up of the sculpts, much like we see a photo of Liz Moores sculpt.

All photos I had are gone now unfortunately. They were all on my yahoo site but I never got around to making a new site when they changed to whatever it is now.

Ā 

If anyone saved them, feel free to share.

Ā 

I often hear things like "these must have been photographed during the sculpting stage" but that is not the case. I used to do my sculpting in my Grandmothers attic which I turned into a studio, and didn't get much time to work on my project back then, so I didn't bother with photos. I had only just started with the internt back then too and never even knew about forums like this, so I didn't know I 'had' to take photos to show anyone. It was my hobby and my project. I used to show off whatever I made on the RPB years ago and it has just escalated ever since.

Ā 

I did take some photos along the way. They are out there....somewhere.

Edited by troopermaster

That's such a shame as I feel it would just add to it all a little with it being more of a unique offering, with sculpting it from scratch. I presume you must have taken sizing queues from existing suits along the way? I can't get my head around getting the sizing so spot on just from image grabs.

Ā 

Totally genuinely interested by the way.

Id rather see the finished article any day ... a vac form mould is just a big grey bondo mess...

Ā 

Maybe I've been misinterpreted I'm not interested in seeing moulds, I agree they're not very interesting at all. Original sculpts and process of sculpting are interesting though, I presume the suit would have been sculpted and moulds taken from the sculpts, much like the original production, rather than straight sculpting of moulds.

I presume you must have taken sizing queues from existing suits along the way? I can't get my head around getting the sizing so spot on just from image grabs.

Ā 

Your right.

Ā 

I got many people to help me with measurements from their replica suits. I also got photos from them too. I still have the emails from around 2004 from all the guys who helped me out (some are from original armour too).

Ā 

I got the idea about making trooper armour from studiocreations. Since trooper armour was something I had wanted since 1977, I thought I can do a better sculpting job of what was on the website, so I decided to give it a go. It's been a long road and I am far from coming to the end of it. In fact, the best stuff is just around the corner ;)

In fact, the best stuff is just around the corner ;)

Ā 

Is that a hint? If so, I just hope I'm thinking right :)

Ā 

TK3422,

Ā 

The next generation of Type 1 is ready soon. And beleive me, they will be "ƃĀ¼ber" in any sense of that german originated word ;) Still need to get some funds fpr raw materials tough , which is quite hard around christmas time.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Regarding "WIP"pics I myself didn't bother to take alot of pics when I did my first verison almost 2 years ago, as was only making them for just myself at the time.

Ā 

So I can understand Paul's sentiment (voc?)

Ā 

Karin

Your right.

Ā 

I got many people to help me with measurements from their replica suits. I also got photos from them too. I still have the emails from around 2004 from all the guys who helped me out (some are from original armour too).

Ā 

I got the idea about making trooper armour from studiocreations. Since trooper armour was something I had wanted since 1977, I thought I can do a better sculpting job of what was on the website, so I decided to give it a go. It's been a long road and I am far from coming to the end of it. In fact, the best stuff is just around the corner ;)

Ā 

Well kudos to you not that you need it, it's a massive project to undertake and I seriously can't get my head around how you can recreate something so close to the original from scratch. I look forward to seeing what you have in store for the future.

It's been a long road and I am far from coming to the end of it. In fact, the best stuff is just around the corner ;)

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

......can I get an AMEN!!!! 60.gif

Ā 

Ā 

:)

Sooooooo,

Ā 

give the guy a break.

Ā 

Paul has given you something that know one else has ever done. Original or not his sculpts are closer to the originals than you will get anywhere else.

Ā 

What is the point of this thread.

Ā 

We have all had our differences but I suggest buying one and try matching it up to anything else on offer. You won't.

Ā 

Pauls eye for detail is like no one elses.

Ā 

If you don't like it don't buy it. That goes for any armour out there.

What is the point of this thread.

Ā 

Ā 

To imply that Paul is a recaster. There, I said it. So, we can all stop farting about and pretending that the thread was ever about anything else.

Ā 

And, yes folks, I can now exclusively reveal that Paul is indeed a recaster .... and what's more .... he's a really rubbish one!

Look at the differences in these pieces of armour despite him having ripped off the TE-lineage suit (see pictures below). Pathetic! :rolleyes:

Ā 

DSCF9202-1.jpg

Ā 

DSCF9200-1.jpg

Ā 

DSCF9199-1.jpg

Ā 

DSCF9198-1.jpg

Ā 

DSCF9196-1.jpg

Ā 

DSCF9195-1.jpg

Ā 

DSCF9193-1.jpg

Ā 

DSCF9191-1.jpg

Ā 

DSCF9188-1.jpg

Ā 

DSCF9185-1.jpg

Ā 

DSCF9184-1.jpg

Ā 

DSCF9183-1-1.jpg

Ā 

DSCF9180-1.jpg

Ā 

DSCF9179-1.jpg

P.S. Put me on the list for the next generation of armour please, Paul! :D

Ā 

EDIT: This is a qualifying statement because ...

Ā 

IN MY LAST POST I WAS BEING SARCASTIC.

Edited by Rick330

- How do you know he is a recaster?

- HE LOOKS LIKE ONE!!!! BAN HIM, BAN HIM!!!!

- They dressed me up like this!

- Well, did you?

- We'll we did the vocoder. And the tube stripes ...

Ā 

.... so if he weighs the same as a Stunt helmet .... he's made of ABS .... and a recaster!!!! BAN HIM, BAN HIM!!!!