Can you guess where we are?

ajax407

Any guesses? Play fair, if you were there don't guess!

IMG_5419.jpg.e1d786c7f661f6eaef21e7bc3f03bc27.jpg

More pics available, but they will give it away instantly. :P

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

I would say Hollywood Studios Disney Orlando , only because i was there a couple of weeks ago and i reconize the lamp posts , and it was a shame the star tours was out of action :( , but had a blast anyway :)

This should make it a little easier...

150375_181662848517305_100000207732675_678785_7989130_n.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

First Stormtroopers (that I'm aware of) to march down Main St. USA in the Magic Kingdom! Look for us on ABC-TV Christmas morning!

Ā 

Florida Garrison FTW!

Ā 

Ā 

And yes, more FX buckets than I'd like to see but some of these guys have been doing this for many, many years. This newbie isn't going to press too hard for them to switch... yet.

This should make it a little easier...

Ā 

Ā 

First Stormtroopers (that I'm aware of) to march down Main St. USA in the Magic Kingdom! Look for us on ABC-TV Christmas morning!

Ā 

Florida Garrison FTW!

Ā 

Ā 

And yes, more FX buckets than I'd like to see but some of these guys have been doing this for many, many years. This newbie isn't going to press too hard for them to switch... yet.

Ā 

Haha you just gotta work on them, one at at time. Since I became an Everglades Squad member, I have been on a quest to rid my squad of ALL FX buckets, I have only ONE left after almost two years of work. They buy 'em and i'll build and paint 'em, it's worked really well and the squad looks so much better for it.

Ā 

Jealous of all you guys for that troop, three of the guys from my squad went up for it but no TD's so I was unable to go. Gotta get that TK finished so I can do the cool troops like this one!!

• 3 weeks later...

If I am reading the earlier posts correctly, there was some sort of a casting call for TK's to march in the holiday parade for tv filming?

Ā 

I am a seasonal cast member at Animal Kingdom and Disney nerd too. I wear many nerd hats, if you know what I mean. But it had never occurred to me until I started surfing these forums (which hasn't been that long), what do most of you think about Disney's take on star wars stuff? Their weekends in the summer, quality of costuming, the ride, etc? Do they ever contact anyone here for reference or help? Maybe for quality control for costuming (which I assume is not good because I know Disney from an insider POV) or needing enthusiastic people for casting and they contract out? I have never been but might this summer to celebrate finishing school.

If I am reading the earlier posts correctly, there was some sort of a casting call for TK's to march in the holiday parade for tv filming?

Ā 

If I'm wrong I'm sure someone from the Florida Garrison will chime in, but the "casting call" you refer to was actually a request from Disney and/or Lucasfilm to Legion Command for a boatload of stormtroopers (the initial request was for fifty) to march in this year's Disney Holiday Parade. Happens a lot, actually.

Ā 

Whenever Lucasfilm (LFL) needs a mass quantity of troopers - be it stormtroopers, clones, etc. - the 501st Legion gets the call. A win-win for all, in that LFL gets lots of high-quality troopers who essentially work for free, and we get to have a lot of high-profile fun doing what we do best. The same can be said for Star Wars Weekends, and practically every other event you can think of that requires more than a mere handful of troopers.

Ā 

Ā 

Membership indeed has its rewards. ;)

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Very cool, BTW did anyone record this off of TV?

If I'm wrong I'm sure someone from the Florida Garrison will chime in, but the "casting call" you refer to was actually a request from Disney and/or Lucasfilm to Legion Command for a boatload of stormtroopers (the initial request was for fifty) to march in this year's Disney Holiday Parade. Happens a lot, actually.

Ā 

Whenever Lucasfilm (LFL) needs a mass quantity of troopers - be it stormtroopers, clones, etc. - the 501st Legion gets the call. A win-win for all, in that LFL gets lots of high-quality troopers who essentially work for free, and we get to have a lot of high-profile fun doing what we do best. The same can be said for Star Wars Weekends, and practically every other event you can think of that requires more than a mere handful of troopers.

Ā 

Ā 

Membership indeed has its rewards. ;)

Ā 

**chime**

Looks like you summed it up quite nicely, Brian. :duim:

Ā 

Edit: Though I will add one thing. As far as SWW goes, we are only involved in the parade. We have not had any guest interaction such as photo ops or just wandering thru the park, those are Cast Members.

Edited by ajax407

:Edit: Though I will add one thing. As far as SWW goes, we are only involved in the parade. We have not had any guest interaction such as photo ops or just wandering thru the park, those are Cast Members.

Ā 

That was another thing I was wondering.

Ā 

I have never been but might this summer to celebrate finishing school.

I meant SWW.

There is another thread around here somewhere posted by one of the prop guys who actually works on the TK armor that Disney has at Hollywood studios. I cant find it at the moment but he certainly tries very hard to make the Disney stuff as authentic as possible within the constraints and budget he has from Disney. The cast members have to be able to dance and move very vigorously as you probably know. The suits have to withstand alot of constant use etc. So some detail and authenticity has to be missed.

Ā 

If I can locate that post Ill link it to you.