seantrooper's TK Commander

seantrooper

• 1 month later...

well I have closed the side gaps and gotten accurate Hovi Mic Tips... I'll get some more correct tube stripe decals off a garrison member.I think I will put a return edge on my shoulder bells as well :)

I will try to post up some photos in the next few days.

ALso as a question... is it possible to apply for EIB without 501st approval?

Sean

I trimmed up my shoulder bells, and gave them a return edge

I think my TKC is up to EIB standard now, although i think I'll just have to get some tube stripe decals off a garrison member.

Should have some photos of my entire suit at some stage in the next couple of days :)

Before

tiaw0lq.jpg

One side trimmed

Lbl9GjE.jpg62t68Cm.jpg

untrimmed side for comparison

GwJCLsx.jpgTSSkDOH.jpg

Return Edge

ejLthRO.jpg

Finished!

I heated up the sides and squeezed them in a bit to give them that 'screen used' look

F8HRd1Z.jpgRtzBETW.jpgRy2BcvU.jpg

I also have some accurate hovis

9Y2adbs.jpg

opinions welcome :)

I think you look great! :duim:

I'm planning on resurrecting my semi-retired FX kit as a TKC, and will start on the painting once the weather warms up (it's winter up here in the Northern Hemisphere). I'll definitely be using both yours and Rick's TKC builds as my reference guides. :)

It looks like you and Rick both used the same color paint and weathering technique, which of course I'll be emulating along with Rick's battle damage technique. Since I'm in the U.S., I'll be going with Testors #1151 Blue Angel Blue - the equivalent to Humbrol #15. What weathering technique did you use to get that grimy look?

thanks mate,

To get the grimy look its just a black acrylic wash, dabbed on with a rag and dabbed off straight away with another rag for the lighter areas, and just didnt dab off as much for the darker areas (hope that makes sense) After painting on the blue, I sanded down the entire armour to give it a matte finish... then the weathering was applied. My battle damage was just done with different grade sandpapers, whereas I think rick used a bit of masking fluid to get paint chips on his.

Sean

Well to get EIB, I have had to go game reference, which means I have to ROTJ'ify my armour. So here's what I've done so far.

Rotate Ab Plate

eDk16dF.jpgQ6Yy4xS.jpgfhMese1.jpgS3czSIQ.jpg

Drop Boxes Closed in at back

PJrwhpv.jpg

Rounded Should Bells

Sze0XSF.jpg

Trimmed most parts up, just waiting on some plastic from MM before I can fully trim the ab Piece.

MXEo14A.jpgznWZknH.jpgobESpdj.jpg739E882.jpg

thanks guys! :)

when I get some spare plastic, I'm going to put on the extra Ab-button as seen in my reference pics. Also going to "extend" the ab plate sides by adding on extra plastic and filling the seam with plastibond, going to look good :) That should finish it off

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update

going to sculpt on the 5th ab button today. have already extended the ab plate and secured all my door trim :)

Will most likely have photos of the ab plate and stuff today, will try to get some shots of me fully suited up tomorrow or later today :)

Edited by seantrooper

Painted the recently discovered black onto my ears :)

What I did is just brought up the texture file life size on my screen, traced it onto a piece of paper, then used it as a template to mark out the black.

20110211-_MG_8511.jpg20110211-_MG_8512.jpg

20110211-_MG_8513.jpg20110211-_MG_8514.jpg

20110211-_MG_8515.jpg20110211-_MG_8516.jpg

Edited by seantrooper
  • Like 1

if you live in the us i recommend this for the edge trim

http://greatlakesskipper.com/product/791_793-rub-rail-rub-rail-and-gunnel-molding/11770--barbour-plastics-white-18-inch-boat-u-molding-ft.html

it looks fantastic and is very inexpensive.. and yes you need to eliminate the return edges..

and Sean i am really liking this :D

:vader1: Your skills are complete. Indeed you are powerful, as the Emperor has foreseen. :sith::dancing-trooper:

Thanks guys :)

I want to make it as accurate as possible. I left the return edge on my chest piece...should I get rid of it? From what reference shots of rotj I have seen it is difficult to tell if there is one or not.