Hi guys, ive been still working on this project. I know some might of thought i would give up but :P to you!.

To people new to the forum ill give you a light background. I started this project out of nesesity for a few reasons.

1 I just cannot afford to buy a full set of armour

2 Im rather on the larger size. 6 foot six/seven

so off i went and got some info and materials. After about 2 months of shapping and sanding it was time to vac form. Dissaster struck and the mold was ruined. With the encouragement of some good people here(you know who you are) I cracked on to rebuild the mold. I will make a cast of this mold using a method told to me by TM. anyways here are a couple latest pics of the said mold.

PLEASE BE GENTILE AS IVE HAD MY EGO CRUSHED ONCE on this project before with the dissaster.

chestplate1webqt7.jpg

chestplate2webjr7.jpg

chestplate3webtp6.jpg

Ignor the blemishes on the surface colours as they are just different fillers.

All I can say is that anyone with the stones to make their own molds from scratch deserves respect.

:salute:

Hard to tell from the angles - can't wait to see a pull :)

Remember Chef, Roman wasn´t build in a day. And i would take the " Mold misshap" as a gift to make this new one. God willing the last chest mold you make, but if not..... I wonder how many mold TM made in his time.

Remember your first trys at cooking.... bet you have great stories there!!!

:salute:

looks good man. I can't wait to see a pull. I'll watch with interest since I too am a "big guy" I would love to get some larger pieces. Please keep me in mind and up to date on the progress!!!

• 4 weeks later...

..I just found this thread!!! Just what I need...honestly, the fit of my chest has been bumming me out to no end recently..I too am big (6'4"- 240lbs) and my FX chest looks ridiculous to me..to the point that I have been doing all my trooping as a Tie Pilot...PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make these available!!!! I know I am not the only big guy who has been waiting for something like this!...

Ive been making some adjustments to the chest piece.

Ive also purchased some armor pieces. The reason behind this is to get some 3d idea about some of the nuances. Pictures are good and screen grabs are vey good, but nothing beats having something tactile you can relate to.

Ive learnt also that working with car filler and sanding creates a hell of a lot of dust!!!

Trying on the "other pieces" makes me soo glad i'm making my own. Not in a million years would they ever fit me.

There was a gap of 10 cm between the lower abdomen and the chest plate on the "other " armor

Here are some comparison pictures of the latest workings. The Mold/Plug is on the left...

latsecompareiz9.jpg

And another angle.The Mold/Plug is on the left

latsecompare2ri1.jpg

Anyway back to sanding.

cheers

I think forming your own armor changes the appreciation some once you start trooping in it.

Yes and no... On the one hand, researching something to get it as accurate as you can when nothing better is out there is indeed tremendously satisfying when you've finally got the durn thing finished (Crimson Empire, Storm Commando, Imperial Knight, etc.), but when you can look around and see top-notch stuff being made by others, it strikes me personally as silly not to avail oneself of it (certain Stormtrooper, Scout Trooper, and Clonetrooper items out there) for the sake of uniformity. That said, when the existing stuff is too small for you... *chuckle*

--Jonah

Yes and no... On the one hand, researching something to get it as accurate as you can when nothing better is out there is indeed tremendously satisfying when you've finally got the durn thing finished (Crimson Empire, Storm Commando, Imperial Knight, etc.), but when you can look around and see top-notch stuff being made by others, it strikes me personally as silly not to avail oneself of it (certain Stormtrooper, Scout Trooper, and Clonetrooper items out there) for the sake of uniformity. That said, when the existing stuff is too small for you... *chuckle*

--Jonah

I wouldn't characterize it as silly not to avail oneself to more accurate sets of armor out there for uniformity's sake. Seems a more likely reason many don't is simply a matter of economics according to recent FISD polling as well as size issues.

Chefhawk, keep up the good work!

First thing I had to come to terms with is that this is an expensive hobby. "If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen." *heh* There are no short cuts to any place worth going. That's why it's taken me five years to even get CLOSE to buying my Stormtrooper armour. :D

--Jonah

Yeah, in case that got lost in my general curmudgeonliness, I do think you're doing a bang-up job.

(Of course, since I have to put a veiled grumble in anything I post, I object on the grounds of uniformity. I know not all the two-metre Troopers can do a Vader, but maybe a Darktrooper? ;))

--Jonah

sorry but i havnt done any more ....just got back from sunny wales last week...loads of sh1t to sort out at work..

still very commited.

obsessed is the word.

i dream stormtrooper and molds and vac-forming and helmets!!!!!

am i going mad or is this just the norm for people that love star wars(badies) all these years?

cheers