Which movie scene inspired to want to be a TK?

FEZ

For me it was always the "escape from the detention block scene" and the following trooper chase.

Just loved the look of all that white armour :D

I was only 3 years old when the movie came out, and although I saw it 10 times in the theater with my Dad, I was too young to remember exact thoughts I had about troopers at the time.

Although, besides the action figures, this 12" tall figure was one of my first toys....

Stormtrooper+7.jpg

Edited by bluehickey

The Tanative IV boarding. That scene will always be etched into my mind forever. Thats when I wanted to be a Stormtooper :dancing-trooper:

I have to go with this one, too. I was 12 years old in '77 and when I saw these bad boys blasting their way in my jaw dropped to the floor and I thought "Those are the coolest suits I have ever seen!!!" Even though I was a teenager I bought all the action figures and played with them. I mostly just used the trooper figures and just pretended it was Luke and Han still in the suits. After 28 years of yearning I finally got my TK suit in 2005 and joined up. Still get a huge thrill just putting it on!!! It's STILL the coolest suit ever. Clones do absolutely nothing for me. I do not have (or ever will have) a desire to get one. You can't improve on perfection!!

I have to go with this one, too. I was 12 years old in '77 and when I saw these bad boys blasting their way in my jaw dropped to the floor and I thought "Those are the coolest suits I have ever seen!!!" Even though I was a teenager I bought all the action figures and played with them. I mostly just used the trooper figures and just pretended it was Luke and Han still in the suits. After 28 years of yearning I finally got my TK suit in 2005 and joined up. Still get a huge thrill just putting it on!!! It's STILL the coolest suit ever. Clones do absolutely nothing for me. I do not have (or ever will have) a desire to get one. You can't improve on perfection!!

My feelings the same! Also, by having the picture books trading cards, magazines looking and reading them. The images stuck into my head. Also Star Wars was one the few movies that you kept going back to see again and again.

I was only 3 years old when the movie came out, and although I saw it 10 times in the theater with my Dad, I was too young to remember exact thoughts I had about troopers at the time.

Although, besides the action figures, this 12" tall figure was one of my first toys....

Stormtrooper+7.jpg

I had this figure with the others as well. How many times I would play with them. If I could remember the holster was a piece of black string. By looking at the figure I wonder if this is where the FX helmet looks came from?

Andy

I think it was the "Move Along" scene. I think I originally wanted to go TD, but felt that I worked too hard on my suit, just to dirty it all up... at least for now. :)

Edited by TK 4702

The Tanative IV boarding. That scene will always be etched into my mind forever. Thats when I wanted to be a Stormtooper :dancing-trooper:

That made the biggest TK impression on me as a child for sure! But as a "big kid" I grew to love the TD look.

That's what did it for me as well.

I had this figure with the others as well. How many times I would play with them. If I could remember the holster was a piece of black string. By looking at the figure I wonder if this is where the FX helmet looks came from?

Andy

Andy, you are right about the string! It was a shabby replacement for a holster, but it was still cool that the stormtrooper didn't have to hold his gun the entire time.

I think this helmet may almost look better than the FX helmet! The blaster is no where near looking like an E-11 though.

Stormtrooper+3.jpg

http://yesterville.blogspot.com/2010/03/kenner-12-star-wars-large-size.html

Well, for me it was Tantative IV... Tough I wanted to be the pincess at first ;)

Karin

I agree, the Tantive IV boarding scene...and yes I did want to be Leia at first, but then when the TKs won out, they just looked sooooo coooool! I always felt sorry for the one that first saw Leia, "There's one set for stun." Because she took him out, but then the second one got her, YEA! And when they all line up in the Death Star Bay 327 when the Millenium Falcon arrives, again it is just too cool.

Empire Strikes Back, In the carbon freezing room on Cloud City....finally handcuffing, and freezing that dirt-bag smuggler, was the justice I needed to sleep again at night.

Tantive IV boarding is a close second place....

And then in Return Of The Jedi, when the Ewoks are using the TK helmet as a bongo drum, I was like,

"Not only are the Ewoks the second coolest thing to happen to Star Wars, next to Jar-Jar Binks, but

those bongo drums they are playing are SOOOO cool, I need to get a Stormtrooper suit!"

In thinking about this, it it surprised to realize how integral the TKs are to moving the ANH story along.

They are way more than props and pretty close to being one of the stars of the movie.

Rather than just one scene, it was the whole package that sealed the deal for me.

The scenes that inspired me are:

Tantive IV

"Look sir, droids"

"We don't need to see their identification."

TKs around the M. Falcon while it is being scanned.

Luke and Hans in the control room/detention block/garbage chute

and finally when Obi-Wan is explaining to Luke about the damage done to the Jawas transport "Only Imperial Stormtroopers are this precise..." (Obi-Wan is the first and last person to compliment TKs on their aim).