All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. I don't know. I think it looks pretty darn good for my first attempt. Thoughts? Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
  3. Requesting 501st access, please. https://www.501st.com/members/displaymemberdetails.php?userID=28980
  4. Thigh looks like a good fit, as long as you have a little wriggle room you should be good.
  5. Didn't get much done today. We spent the day visiting some friends, and shopping at the hobby stores and home depot trying to get the rest of the parts I needed off of the list that@justjoseph63 provided. But I think I did okay, for a computer geek with no creative skills. Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
  6. Welcome to our forums Lorelei!!
  7. Okay, so I went back to my left thigh to try and to and make the front ridge/cover strip area closer to a 20mm width instead of 25mm. To help me make a better cut the second time around I cut a 10mm strip of tape and put it on the ridge to act as a guide. It seems to have worked and I did the same thing to the other side. Now the join up pretty well. And the width is just a little over 20mm Heres how the thigh looks on me: I think I have it sized pretty well. It's fitted but not too tight. I can easily stick a finger anywhere on the top portion of the thigh and two fingers with minimal effort. The only potential issue I see is not having enough plastic on the back to meet at the middle. In the back section of the thigh, there is plenty of overlap at the bottom but as it nears the top it gets pretty close to the edges. From the looks of it, it seems like it will work. Placing a damaged cover strip in the overlap area, it is able to cover where both ends meet and it looks to be right at the middle. Any comments are appreciated. I also got my imperial boots.
  8. Hello and welcome to the forums, for armor there is a lot of info in the Getting Started section. I know a lot of happy troopers with RS armor. Lots of other suppliers out there too these days for the standard TK ANH. FYI you can request 501st access here Good luck and hope to see a build thread from you soon.
  9. Super excited. The second kit arrived today, so my son has his BBB now too! One the the Garrison Armours offered to help us next weekend, so off to a great start! Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
  10. My name is Lorelei, and I'm 501st member DZ/SL 90160 with Garrison Carida. I've started an IOC build and I'm shopping around for a fourth costume. I really would like a bucketed costume. I'm looking at ANH Stormtrooper, ROTJ Biker Scout, TIE Fighter Pilot, Snowtrooper, and Boba Fett. I have a lot of concerns about these costumes, the top two being my ability to wear glasses under the bucket and breathability. I also want to know what people think of RS Props. It will be a long time before my third build is done, so my fourth build is currently in the daydreaming stage and will be for some time.
  11. What did you use to adhere the strapping to the inside of the ab piece? Is this also how you adhered the snaps to the chest piece?
  12. I’m working on getting rubber gloves, hopefully will have those soon!
  13. Elastic loop sounds like the way to go for plastic hand guards, I’ll do that until I get some rubber ones!
  14. Those thighs were the biggest issues, sizing them down should help a good bit. The problem with the shins not resting on my boots is that my boots are too large, I’ll have to make some kind of modification in order to have the shins cover them entirely. And I’ll look into that build thread! I’m sure it’s very useful! Thanks!
  15. I’ll work on those thighs more, they’re difficult. The knee plate was a bit of a challenge to get on but I could tell it needed a bit of a fix. The backs of my shins do not have any cover strips, just Velcro holding them together, where would I put the cover strip there? My biceps are halfway done, one side still needs to be cover stripped, the other is good. Thanks for this!
  16. You are correct on the teeth, I did convert a Stunt to Hero but does require some heat. https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/23694-hero-bucket-build/?tab=comments#comment-298339 Also just a tip but adding the tube stripes make sure you have them facing the correct way and angle, should also be a pencil width from the cheek Good luck with the build, looking forward to the progress
  17. Yesterday
  18. You can also try stuffing with bunched up wet newspaper an leave to dry, an oldie but a goodie. https://www.wikihow.com/Stretch-New-Shoes
  19. Centurion is a personal award, once you have constructed your armour to meet all the requirements as per level 3 of the CRL our Deployment officers look through your application and make recommendations to get you looking your best. Generally, Centurion is our current highest level of accuracy (finer details from what you see on screen) so something to be proud of more than anything else. There are no special troops for Centurion level troopers although Disney Lucas film do put out a call from time to time looking for Stormtroopers that closely resemble screen accurate TK's so you might have a better chance of securing a spot in one of those troops than a basic level approved costume.
  20. You can also just use the abs hand plates and glue a loop of elastic to them, then the just slip on over your gloves, but this is for basic approval. I prefer rubber gloves with the thin liner gloves inside, really handy for hot troops, can swap out the liner gloves a few times throughout the event and have nice dry hands. Rubber gloves also fill up an openings in the front of your forearms
  21. You would have to build to the current specs CRL (costume reference library) you can find them here https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:FISD_CRL There are no specific events Centurion approved troopers are invited too, if your garrison does have a request from LFL current photos of you in armor are sent in and they pick those which they generally look screen accurate and around the same size. For yellowing you could bleaching or some other products, links below https://www.instructables.com/id/Restoring-yellowed-Stormtrooper-armor/ https://trooperbay.com/trooperbay-armorwhite-plastic-whitening-gel https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/38111-armor-whitening-a-journey-from-yellow-to-white/?tab=comments#comment-509071 https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/29002-how-to-reverse-uv-damage-on-armor/
  22. Well I'm full of questions! Glad you guys are willing to help out. For me I just want to get official with the group first and kinda go from there. Do Centurion status get invited to particular events where non-Centurion status don't? Could I get official with this FX armor following Daetrin's tutorial? I know there's a grandfathering clause for members at the time, but I'm not sure if it applies now. Are mismatched helmet and armor approvable at all (Seeing as according to the tutorial even the FX helmets are pitched anyway and a new one is recommended)? I just started a new job so I don't have a ton of income at the moment, but I've been wanting to be involved for years. I also know that armor ain't cheap but I thought I had lucked out. I guess I was wrong. I just want some consensus on what my next approach should be. Is it more practical for me to try an sell it or should I put the work in to getting official even though it's mismatched and an old FX? Who can I contact for selling this so I could then put funds toward making a more approvable set? Thanks for the help guys! Armor laid out. Armor on.
  23. Hi Ted, welcome to FISD!! Unfortunate we didn’t get to you before your purchase but there are members out there still seeking the old FX armour so you may have some luck in moving it on. You are in the right place now, and we got your back so ask plenty of questions as our YK community loves to help out. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  24. Hello and welcome aboard. You are correct unfortunately the black series helmet does not match up with the armor. There is a thread on converting an FX set of armor to approvable standards
  1. Load more activity