All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Troop #7 February 22nd 2020 Boy Scouts on Yokota Air Base in Japan Star Wars themed event Good group of 501st and Rebels attended event of promotion and celebration for large group of kids with creative Star Wars theme. Kids were given lightsaber instruction from Jedi and urged to join the dark side by observing stromtroopers resulting in minor bashing of lightsaber ( pool noodles ).
  3. I didn't realize that I stopped updating this build log as I pushed for membership. From the last picture I see the old lock for shins which just did not hold because of the tension and force pulling glued stips off. So I switched to a slot lock much like the ab/kidney. I put double hooks on right shin and a single hook on the left as an experiment. This proved that making the two hooks was harder to stay glued down but holds the shin more firmly with less shifting. Both work so have not replaced the single with the double design yet. Also it appears I never shared the right side slot lock of the ab/kidney which was much simpler not having to work around the rivets.
  4. Today
  5. We like some confidence around here, even if it may be a Luke version trooper Start your build thread and ask away! Everyone around here is very helpful.
  6. Welcome to the detachment and good luck getting that done!
  7. Hi Andy and welcome to the FISD! TM is an excellent choice for armor. I don’t know if you are looking for him to fully commission the armor for you but I think you should consider having him build your helmet for you. Paul is amazing at what he does there. The armor is always nice to build on your own. If you have any questions then don’t hesitate to ask.
  8. Yesterday
  9. Hello Andy, Welcome to FISD. Again, the key to a good build is reseach. Take your time and go through the starter threads and you will be good. Hope you enjoy. Good luck.
  10. Steady hand or mask and paint or you can use decals which looks like paint will last longer as paint will rub off in time Mark (AP)
  11. Welcome to the FISD Andy, I look forward to seeing your build progress
  12. Screen reference: When in doubt check the gallery section
  13. Hello and welcome aboard, you'll find quite a few builds from those of similar size, good luck
  14. Great start, looking forward to seeing the progress
  15. Exactamente, Buena suerte, en ese caso te recomiendo el siguiente link para que tengas en cuenta los materiales para tu construccion. tambien puedes abrir un BuildThread en el foro para recibir consejos y puedas hacer tus consultas. Exactly, Good luck, in that case I recommend you the following link to take into account the materials for your project. You could also open a BuildThread in the forum to receive advice and you can ask all your questions. Saludos
  16. Welcome to FISD Andy, good luck with your project. We are here to help so don't worry about asking whatever you need about the Stormtrooper Armor Building. looking fordward to see your advance. Cheers
  17. Hi Andy, Congrats on making one of the best decision of your life. For Hero builds, be sure to check out the CRLs, the reference library, and other builds for guidance. Also, reach out to your local Garrison - they may have build parties and people to help you in person. Anyway, here are some links to help get started with your hero build: https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_anh_hero https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/6-anh-stunt-and-hero/ https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/gallery/category/24-anh-tk-reference/ You can also check out the Centurion submission thread for examples of other's hero builds. "Hero" should be in the title of the post if it is a hero build. https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/72-request-centurion-status/ Enjoy the research and good luck on your build!
  18. @justjoseph63 sorry, off topic. but any tips for making mobility cuts? i'm assuming the thigh cuts should be similar width to the calves? Or as much as you need when bending the leg?
  19. Greetings all - just wanted to introduce myself and say Hi. My name is Andy and while I'm not a member of the 501st yet - I will be. How's that for confidence! Doing so has been a goal of mine for many many years. Now I finally have an opportunity to act on it. I looking at the ANH Hero and have been having a chat with TM. Given my height - around 5'6" - 5'6.5" - he's suggested perhaps going for the "Luke" version. I think that makes sense but any thoughts? If I go that route, are there things I should be aware of with regard to submitting eventually for 501st approval. I've been scouring the threads and haven't really found anything - but there's a lot of material. BTW, if I should have posted those questions somewhere else, just point me there. Thanks much - it's pretty exciting - even for an older guy like me. Cheers! Andy
  20. More progress! If you can tell in the second picture, the file is advanced enough to bring the helmet to level three approval [emoji6] might have to do that [emoji1690] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  21. Thank you! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  22. Looks great! Interested in seeing how this comes out. Good Luck!
  23. No, lo voy a intentar hacer yo con las piezas desmontadas. Aunque al principio pensé lo que tu dices, creo que es mejor montarla uno mismo, así le tienes aun mas cariño
  1. Load more activity