Show your Star Wars Tattoo

SorenM

Hi all

Having recently (nearly) completed my first Star Wars tattoo. I thought that I would start a thread about Star Wars tattoos.

I know that it is not a character that would qualify for the ranks of the First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment, but I really love this character anyway.....

The inspiration for my tattoo is this piece of art by Brian Rood, my tattooist has then made some changes that I wanted.

JAYjACk.jpg

I was lucky enough to meet Brian at CE II ( it is Brian on the right)

vknNuqM.jpg

I bought this limited edition print (7/25), but actually it is one of only two, because it has been signed by Jeremy Bulloch...Brian has the other one.

c2PbKFe.jpg

And this is my tattoo, minor highlighting is still to be done...and then a Stormtrooper on the opposite side is in the works...

KDKW7a7.jpg

14th november, minor shading done..now finished...working to decorate the other side with a TK...

If you have a Star Wars tattoo, then feel free to share it here :-)

Edited by SorenM

That is one awesome tattoo Soren!  I have several tattoos, but no Star Wars tattoo(s)... yet.  ;)    I love 'photo-real' portrait SW tattoos, but I also really like the idea of SW tattoos done in a traditional 'Sailor Jerry' style, like a pin-up slave Leia, or a stormtrooper with a ribbon below  that says "Move Along" or something like that..  SO many ideas!

I'll be watching this thread with great interest!   :popcorn:   

Thanx a bunch Jason:-)..

I like those old/new school tattoos as well, and I fell in love with this running paint style....that will be the style of the stormtrooper....next year some time....

Yeah there are so many great ideas for cool tattoos....

Thanks, I hope many more will contribute....:-)...

Nice piece! Love it!

I have a lot of SW tats. My chest piece won tat of the year in bantha tracks (sw insider) back in 2006 (I think or 07). There is a book also called The Force in the Flesh (there is a 2 page layout of my stuff)...that came out around the time of celebration 4. It's an entire book (big coffee table style) of people with SW tats. It's pretty awesome if you were able to get your hands on it. I'll post pics of mine when I get to my pc later on...

I want to get a half imperial cog half rebel insignia on the back of my left shoulder. I've been thinking about it for about 3 or 4 months, since I've been told you should always think about it for a while before actually getting any ink. I don't think Star Wars is going to be leaving my life anytime soon, haha.

On 8/29/2013 at 9:40 AM, Redforce said:

Here are some photos of mine

Sweet baby Jesus!!!!

This is amazing.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Edited by gmrhodes13
Watermarked images

Here are some photos of mine 

Those are FANTASTIC:-).. I've seen them many a time before:-)... Very very cool:-)...

I was very close to buying The Force in the Flesh...but decided against it, because most of the tattoos in it were some I had seen before on the internet...but the author told me ( when I met him at CE II)... That a sequel book is in the works.....:-)....get that one I will....:-)

I want to get a half imperial cog half rebel insignia on the back of my left shoulder. I've been thinking about it for about 3 or 4 months, since I've been told you should always think about it for a while before actually getting any ink. I don't think Star Wars is going to be leaving my life anytime soon, haha.

That is a great idea, it is actually what I started out with as what I wanted, but then my wife said to me.." If you are gonna do it, why don't you go big!, and chose one of your favourite characters...so I gave it a thought and this was the result...

This is the initial idea....

HCZs3P4.jpg

Thanks a lot:-)... It will be good I think.....

Ahaaa, must have been very tired this morning.....I only just now saw that you have both uniforms;-)... COOL!

I think this is a really cool idea. I like the colors and texture that you added to it

That is a great idea, it is actually what I started out with as what I wanted, but then my wife said to me.." If you are gonna do it, why don't you go big!, and chose one of your favourite characters...so I gave it a thought and this was the result...

This is the initial idea....
HCZs3P4.jpg

Thanks, but I cannot claim that it is something I came up with, I found it on Deviantart....but it is really cool, but in order to get the texture into a tattoo, it will have to be quite large..:-)... I love this design....but have gone down another road now:-)

Edited by SorenM

If I got another tatt, I probably wouldn't be able to knock boots for a few months.That is a Southern witticism.Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Really?..that is the one place left for tats?...;-)....

I guess there aren’t many here who can afford costuming AND tattoos...  Definitely two expensive hobbies!  :laugh1:  I’m tempted to post pictures of Star Wars tattoos I WISH I had/could afford...  :P

I guess there aren’t many here who can afford costuming AND tattoos...  Definitely two expensive hobbies!  :laugh1:  I’m tempted to post pictures of Star Wars tattoos I WISH I had/could afford...  :P

You are absolutely right :-).....not cheap interests.

Ofcourse there might also be people who don't want to flash their tattoos on a public website......but still...it surprises me how few post there have been, taking into consideration how popular tattoos are these days.....