Other Costumes

SirDenzington89

This afternoon after classes I found myself on the couch. I got onto the 501st website and was browsing through the costume galleries. When I get my TK kit it will be the first time I have every build any kind of armor or done anything like this. Now I have heard it said that "Once you get your first suit of armor/costume it will not be your last. You will want a TIE, Vader or a Clonetrooper etc". I always said, "Not me I'll be good with one blah blah." <_< I haven't even started my first build and I am already "shopping for the next character I want to create! Anyway I thought it might be interesting to start a topic and see what other costumes everybody owns and if the TK was your first what was the next one you went for after that (not including upgrading from a FX to an AP). I am thinking I might go Biker Scout or TIE maybe Bobba Fett....we will have to see.... B) Hope to hear from you guys.

Jonathan

I started with the TK in 2007 and started a TB in 2009. Got the helmet done and the body armor sitting in a box, along comes Dragon Con and I sold both the helmet and the body armor for party funds for D*C. There's always 2010 I guess.

Not sure if these count, but I have a bunch of notable ones (not all are SW related):

First home made costume at 7 years old - Stormtrooper :)

Ninja Turtle

Terminator

Speed Racer

Kato (from the Green Hornet)

Alien from Aliens

Jar Jar Binks (seriously, I'm openly admitting this now) :)

Darth Maul

Transformer

Army of Two Rios

ANH style - Stormtrooper (come full circle!)

Already planning for the next costume... :)

Not sure if these count, but I have a bunch of notable ones (not all are SW related):

First home made costume at 7 years old - Stormtrooper :)

Ninja Turtle

Terminator

Speed Racer

Kato (from the Green Hornet)

Alien from Aliens

Jar Jar Binks (seriously, I'm openly admitting this now) :)

Darth Maul

Transformer

Army of Two Rios

ANH style - Stormtrooper (come full circle!)

Already planning for the next costume... :)

Thats impressive Terry! Back in the day when I was 15, I made a homemade Vader costume from scratch using a pretty good guide off a website for the ROTS premiere. I substituted stiff cardboard for all the armor parts( bet boxes, buttons, chest box, shins etc) Got a decent helmet with a breather. Bought the gloves and made a cape with a chain. It was a cheap costume but it turned out looking pretty impressive for cardboard. People were trying to take pictures and whole deal. I did a few lines from ESB and won some concert tickets lol. Good times! I hope maybe to come full circle with the Vader too. I would love to see the Terminator and the Alien. Darth Maul is always a winner in my book too.....not so much the Jar Jar. Very cool stuff tho man

I started with an FX Stormtrooper set back in 2005 it became a Sandrooper before 2007. I then made a standard Clone Armor set in 2008 and recently an Animated Clone set. I have ATA set I am slowly working on in hopes to submit for EIB Stormtrooper, ANH Stunt.

Yea I thought back then... All I ever wanted to be was a Stormtrooper! LOL

Kevin W.

I've cycled through a lot of costumes and keep coming back to my TK & TD. I have garrison mates that have single costumes and there's something to be said for it - they have the time/resources to really pimp out that one costume to the max rather than having several costumes that aren't quite 100% or are more basic. Also, they've never taken a loss selling a costume either :)

You make a good point about having only one costume Daetrin. I hope to take the time to really put some time into my TK so I can "pimp" it out like it should be. Right now I am planning on using the EIB requirements as a guide while I build it so maybe, after a few adjustments and modifications I can get that right off the bat.....we'll have to see how it goes :)

You make a good point about having only one costume Daetrin. I hope to take the time to really put some time into my TK so I can "pimp" it out like it should be. Right now I am planning on using the EIB requirements as a guide while I build it so maybe, after a few adjustments and modifications I can get that right off the bat.....we'll have to see how it goes :)

Listen to Daetrin advice, he knows!

TK was my first - and I'll always have a clean white TK sitting in my armor bin as my primary costume. :trooper:

However, nowadays it seems like clones are the way to go. Especially for the high-profile LFL-sponsored events. I have a 501st Ep 3 clone sitting in my basement that someday I'll actually finish up and start trooping with.

Also have an Imperial Officer, for those times when I actually want to be able to sit down, go to the bathroom, etc.

Currently...

Ep 5 TK

Ep 4 TD (in progress)

Ep 5 Vader

Cade Skywalker

ESB Boba Fett (in progress)

Ghostbuster 1 New York rig.

Past...

Biker scout (lancer)

TE2, 2 sets of FX...

Royal Gaurd

Darth Maul

Its an addiction. Like Tattoos.. Never just one... Check your wallet at the door. ;)

Oh yes, this is an addictive hobby. Costumes ( in order ) are;

1. ANH TK ( which is undergoing a re-furbishment at the moment )

2. 501st Legion Clonetrooper

3. CLone Commander Bacara ( on with - 30% done )

4. Omega Squad Republic Commando ( next project )

and long term plan

An Underworld Lycan ( gonna be a long, long project ).

Darren

I think in the future I would definately do a clone. Maybe a shock trooper, those were my favorite from the movie. A LYCAN! I like your style Darren. I am an underworld fan myself. That would be something I would definately want to see finished. I have also thought about building a Predator costume. I am just excited to start this TK! then ill be out there with all you guys

~Jonathan

It all started for me back in 2004, when I got my first TK kit.. FX armour & lid. Upgraded the lid in very early 2005 with an RT-Mod.

Went onto Biker Scout next, as a fellow UKG member was selling his, and couldn't pass on a bargain.

Got to the point, where I needed a new set of TK kit, and at the time SDS had just started producing his kits. Sold my original TK, and Scout to fund that.

Didn't take long for me to put on a bit of weight, and so the SDS kit had to go.. was very uncomfortable, and finances were tight.

Went with a cheaper option of Gunner, which I soon gave up with, and passed it onto the missus so she could get her 501st ID.

Ended up going for an AT-ST costume instead.... biggest mistake as I hate it... although I still have it.

Got to the point, I went back to TK and have stuck with it. Also built up a Sandie as well, which I love too.

Currently on the long road to becomming an ESB Boba Fett.... will be a few years before that's completed.

Life story over.... :D

As far as I know I am the only active Jaster Mareel in the legion.....I like doing the ones that no one else wants too, like the TK Commander...guess I just have to be different..LOL

As far as I know I am the only active Jaster Mareel in the legion.....I like doing the ones that no one else wants too, like the TK Commander...guess I just have to be different..LOL

Thats awesome that you did a Jaster Will! I think The Fetts and Mandalorians are such great looking costumes. I am a big fan of the Mandalorians. I wish they had them in the movies or more of Bobba and Jango at least. I've read that the boy who played Bobba Fett in AOTC will be doing the role in television series so I am excited about that.

I got my TK approved in 2008, before it was even finished I was already scouring the TB boards, the Clone boards, the TIE boards looking for my next project. It really is a sickness. I think I have finally settled on a ROTS Obi-wan, that I would like to have before this summer for Celebration 5. If funds and time permit, I would like to follow that up with a TD.

Let's see,

TIE Pilot (in progress, waiting on some pieces before I can finish)

ANH TK - have the Hasbro blaster in pieces as I'm doing a PandaTrooper mod on it, and saving up the cash for my armor

Would love to have a TX - preferably the NovaTrooper (gold accents) but that is way off in the future.

As for previous costumes,

At the age of 10, copied the clothing of Queen Anhkhesamun (sp?) from one of the artifacts in the King Tut exhibit (yes back in 1978) and built the costume from it by hand. Including the crown, pectoral collar, armbands, and dress.

Flamenco dancer (sewing)

Elizabethan historically accurate dress (sewing)

Eighteen Century Court dress (sewing)

Hmm, I seem to have a lot of sewing skills, maybe I should put them to use and make neck seals....

I'm good with wire, beads and gemstones, just not with molding plastic. I'll leave that up to someone else.

I would love to see the Terminator and the Alien. Darth Maul is always a winner in my book too.....not so much the Jar Jar. Very cool stuff tho man

Thanks Jon. Unfortunately, I don't have a photo of the Terminator (I did the T2 version in college, I had some robotic arm bits and everything, pretty good for a low budget version). Here's an image of the Alien I did based on James Cameron's Alien. Along with the link to a post I made a while back with pics of other costumes.

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=8257

3927680704_0644c7e4ea_o.jpg

On the topic of Jar Jar (ah, the poor guy) I'm actually rather proud of the work I did to create it, and I'm not embarrassed about it. Keep in mind that I started the costume before EP1 came out, and that at the time no one knew what a useless character / bad comedy attempt by GL he would be.

Regardless, I still wore this costume to a few parties and most people thought I had bought it. My friends that have kids that saw me in it were super excited about it, so that matters more to me than what hardcore fans thought about him (as a character).

I also went to a few parties with it including a big EP1 launch party at Virgin records where I won a pretty big prize package, which was a pleasant surprise. The Vader, Maul and a few other hardcore attendees weren't as impressed. :)

The costume is in storage now, but ideally I'd like to sell it and see it go to someone who appreciates the work. Whether they want to display it or do a sacrificial torching it is up to them. :) At the end of the day, my TK is still my favorite.

Here's a few "making-of" pics and some completed ones.

3926899125_6eea7a80a7.jpg

3927681000_0a8fe8420b.jpg

3927680736_0feba0686d.jpg

3927680838_402712ceec_o.jpg

For me it started at the opening of the UK premiere of the Music of Starwars at the O2 Arena in Dec 2008.

I saw a bunch of troopers, RC's, Royal Guards, a walking carpet (lol).... took plenty of pics and then spoke to a TK and a spotter.... after a bit of research I found this place, registered, did the same on UKG and here I am now...... a happy trooper...

Next cozzies...

1. TM ANH to replace my AP AHN EIB costume.. (probably do this in the next 6 months)

2. ESP Bobba Fett ... nearly done...completion estimate mid to end Feb 2010

3. Clone Commander, more likley and animated clone (sometime in 2010)...

4. Batman...(don't ask.. I really fancy some black latex... lol)

And yes, it's addictive......... some of the guys in the UKG have upto 5/6 costumes and counting....

Terry you have an amazing talent my friend. Both of them look great! Shiv, I am all for Batman I was gonna do a Batman but opted for a Joker instead cause happened upon a purple trench coat. So I figure why not get all the other pieces haha. I can't stand some of the costumes put out commercially these days. I have always made my own cause frankly they look better. Everyone around here is so talented!