Are you owed money/plastic from Matt G aka TE

Well... I agree to a point, but there's a fat chance a DA would waste any time with this type of thing. Does anyone have a contract or receipt of intended services? Is there a stated shipment date on the paypal? Was there an agreement that Matt would send the armor insured and with tracking info? Who is to say that he never sent it? Not trying to argue for the guy, I am just saying. In the prop community if you get burned you have little recourse. Its all about trusting the "vendor". most people know that Matt can be very slow. A few years back he would deliver albeit slowly. Now I wouldnt risk buying from him. Not so much because I think he would take my money and run, but because I dont have that kind of patience. LOL!!! To all you guys who have lost money on Matt, I feel bad for you. If I were you I would hope that Matt will come through eventually but buy something else that will arrive in a few weeks so you can enjoy the hobby. Chances are that you may get something from him at some point, but dont count on it. Its too bad it ended up this way for him because he really could have been the "Trooper Expert". He is THE reason we have accurate armor today. He just went sour.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What certainly would help is the complete email corespondence with him. So everyone is able to see whats going on. I have every mail between us from the first day. Dont know why but i had a bad feeling all the time <_<

Ā 

Ā 

Also he might be the reason for accurate armor but today he is just criminal. It sucks if you see pics of him and his family, playing the nice daddy but to know that he has stolen so much money from so many people. But it seems he has no problem with that.

Sorry to threadjack, but you've GOT to get some pics of that up! :D :D :D :atatpilot: :atatpilot: :atatpilot:

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread...

Ā 

Ā 

:) Will have a look at my PC if i have something to show. The helmet itself is boxed since months. I planed to buy armor also to make a nice bust of it :)

What certainly would help is the complete email corespondence with him. So everyone is able to see whats going on. I have every mail between us from the first day. Dont know why but i had a bad feeling all the time <_<

Ā 

Ā 

Also he might be the reason for accurate armor but today he is just criminal. It sucks if you see pics of him and his family, playing the nice daddy but to know that he has stolen so much money from so many people. But it seems he has no problem with that.

Ā 

Ā 

I hate to say it this way, but if you had a bad feeling about it why did you buy it??

Ā 

Ā 

As was stated, in this hobby you have to trust the person your buying from there is no recourse if he skips town. Your talking about multiple jurisdictions, sometimes multiple countries, your looking at a legal wrangle that you may not win at all. And even if you did, the majority of times good luck getting anything back, you can't get blood from a stone.

I hate to say it this way, but if you had a bad feeling about it why did you buy it??

Ā 

Ā 

As was stated, in this hobby you have to trust the person your buying from there is no recourse if he skips town. Your talking about multiple jurisdictions, sometimes multiple countries, your looking at a legal wrangle that you may not win at all. And even if you did, the majority of times good luck getting anything back, you can't get blood from a stone.

Ā 

Ā 

Bad feeling after seeing that i took more than a few weeks of finishing the two helmets. Also this guy is the first i made bad experiences with.

This is the letter I sent to JumipnJax THat I got no reply from. I thought as he was Matt best mate he might pass it on. I now think this might be Matt?

Ā 

I first contacted Matt about his armor and lids in Nov08 when he had some posted up on his web page. We got talking and after a month or so of good banter and late evening chats I took the plunge and ordered and payed for a ANH SFS helmet(2nd Dec) a little while went passed and he told me of a set of ANH armor he had in a friends garage that had been in there for years,his mate had never got around to doing anything with it. He said that it would look great with the lid I had purchased. So he said that he was having real financial problem due to having to go into hospital and have an operation on his hand. I agreed to pay again up front for this armor, baring on mind I hadn't even seen a picture of anything I was buying and took Matt on his word. He did say that there would be a delay as he had to assemble the lid and armor and paint it and weather played a big part in this. I was happy to wait. Emails exchanged and we kept in touch over the pursuing months. He then told me of the ROTJ stuff he was doing and talked me round to getting one of those and again paying in full in advance. That was Aug 09.

Since then emails have been getting short, blunt and the excuses have been getting more and more frequent. Car blew up, Hospital, Hand operation, Burnt leg, lost his job, Bankrupt etc,etc.....you get the picture. After lots of emails from me asking where my goods are Matt eventually got back to me with yet another excuse saying that he was out of work no money and things were really tuff and the only delay was the shipping cost which he initially said he was going to pay for all the delay. I offered to pay so I could get my armor etc.

On the 22nd of Nov 09 I payed him the total of $180 for shipping. I heard nothing for a few days and a few emails later he got back to me saying he had been away for thanksgiving and that he had got the payment for shipping.

I have now given him $1755 and have nothing to show for it and Matt is refusing to answer any of my emails. If I had been a pushy customer I could understand this but I haven't. I have been totally patient and understanding to all the stories and excuses i have been given over the last year. I'm afraid now I won't ever see what I've payed and have no understanding of why. I have been patient, civil, pleasant and payed in full. A perfect customer yet Matt chooses to treat me this way.

Anyway I think you get the picture of the position I am in and I only say this to you as I know you hold him close a a good friend. I placed a lot of trust in Matt and payed him alot of money. All I ask is if maybe you could get Matt to contact me and either issue me a full refund or send me my goods. I am a good man, father and husband and really don't deserve this. If he still refuses to send me my goods or money then I will persue this with legal action. I don't want it to come to this but he will leave me no choice.

Ā 

I have since spoken to Matt this week on Monday and he assured me that all my stuff would be shipped out in Wed. Wed came and went so I emailed him and he said that he had been at the kids school Wed and Thursday and that he would ship out today(Friday) I still haven't heard from him and have just emailed him asking if indeed he did ship today?

Car blew up, Hospital, Hand operation, Burnt leg, lost his job, Bankrupt etc,etc.....

I have heard all those excuses. Everything that I have ordered has been sent to me EXCEPT for my styrene armor which I have paid for at the beginning of this year. I too have spoke with JumpinJax about my armor, since Matt has ignored some of my messages, and he told me that my armor would be sent out on Saturday...But it hasnt. I also have paid matt before to send me my armor and he never had sent it, so that was a waste of $70 bucks. I truly hope you get to see all your stuff man. After all the trouble Matt has been through personally, it would be terribly foolish to pull this off with his customers.

Ā 

Ā 

Caleb

Wait a minute, there is no way Matt has not sent you guys your stuff. Unless you were all dinks. Were you mean to Matt? You know how he hates pushy customers. I think that he would have just sent you all your money back as I have heard that he does that when he feels your pushy. This is simply strange there must be some logical excuse for all of this. I mean it is simply impossible that he would have stolen all this money from you guys. I mean his best friend says he is a great guy who just doesn't like to have to deal with jerk customers. I'm stumped here guys. <_<

Wait a minute, there is no way Matt has not sent you guys your stuff. Unless you were all dinks. Were you mean to Matt? You know how he hates pushy customers. I think that he would have just sent you all your money back as I have heard that he does that when he feels your pushy. This is simply strange there must be some logical excuse for all of this. I mean it is simply impossible that he would have stolen all this money from you guys. I mean his best friend says he is a great guy who just doesn't like to have to deal with jerk customers. I'm stumped here guys. <_<

Ā 

Ā 

:D If it is pushy to wrote an email twice a month or so .....yes than i'm a pushy customer.

If i read SSKunky post, i think it was good not to pay for the shipping again to get my stuff. That would mean another 50 bucks were lost. That was his last excuse from him. He already has sent my SFS to me but it returned in bad shape. Now he certainly dont want to pay the shipping twice and i would have to do this. As i said i would only do this if he would send it insured he has no time to get a fracking shipping quote to me. He certainly thought i wouldnt sent him more money and forget about this damn lid :rolleyes:

And what is really funny. As i ordered the SFS on his site he told me its been the last one he has (if i remember right), but that would mean we (i and SSKunky) would have been paid for the same helmet LoL. The tragic is, no one of us will ever see his SFS.....maybe it was just a picture of an SFS, maybe he sold it to a third party which i believe. Why dont selling the same shucks more than one time and getting much more money? :rolleyes:

Ā 

All the guys who are waiting on stuff of him.....do you still have your emails from him. If so,, its pretty easy to see for the police that he hasnt send the stuff we are waiting for. In the last mail from him he told me that i'm pissing him off. But i see his point. How can i have any rights to ask the great man for a paid helmet after over one year. Understandable he is pissed :rolleyes:

This is the letter I sent to JumipnJax THat I got no reply from. I thought as he was Matt best mate he might pass it on. I now think this might be Matt?

Ā 

I first contacted Matt about his armor and lids in Nov08 when he had some posted up on his web page. We got talking and after a month or so of good banter and late evening chats I took the plunge and ordered and payed for a ANH SFS helmet(2nd Dec) a little while went passed and he told me of a set of ANH armor he had in a friends garage that had been in there for years,his mate had never got around to doing anything with it. He said that it would look great with the lid I had purchased. So he said that he was having real financial problem due to having to go into hospital and have an operation on his hand. I agreed to pay again up front for this armor, baring on mind I hadn't even seen a picture of anything I was buying and took Matt on his word. He did say that there would be a delay as he had to assemble the lid and armor and paint it and weather played a big part in this. I was happy to wait. Emails exchanged and we kept in touch over the pursuing months. He then told me of the ROTJ stuff he was doing and talked me round to getting one of those and again paying in full in advance. That was Aug 09.

Since then emails have been getting short, blunt and the excuses have been getting more and more frequent. Car blew up, Hospital, Hand operation, Burnt leg, lost his job, Bankrupt etc,etc.....you get the picture. After lots of emails from me asking where my goods are Matt eventually got back to me with yet another excuse saying that he was out of work no money and things were really tuff and the only delay was the shipping cost which he initially said he was going to pay for all the delay. I offered to pay so I could get my armor etc.

On the 22nd of Nov 09 I payed him the total of $180 for shipping. I heard nothing for a few days and a few emails later he got back to me saying he had been away for thanksgiving and that he had got the payment for shipping.

I have now given him $1755 and have nothing to show for it and Matt is refusing to answer any of my emails. If I had been a pushy customer I could understand this but I haven't. I have been totally patient and understanding to all the stories and excuses i have been given over the last year. I'm afraid now I won't ever see what I've payed and have no understanding of why. I have been patient, civil, pleasant and payed in full. A perfect customer yet Matt chooses to treat me this way.

Anyway I think you get the picture of the position I am in and I only say this to you as I know you hold him close a a good friend. I placed a lot of trust in Matt and payed him alot of money. All I ask is if maybe you could get Matt to contact me and either issue me a full refund or send me my goods. I am a good man, father and husband and really don't deserve this. If he still refuses to send me my goods or money then I will persue this with legal action. I don't want it to come to this but he will leave me no choice.

Ā 

I have since spoken to Matt this week on Monday and he assured me that all my stuff would be shipped out in Wed. Wed came and went so I emailed him and he said that he had been at the kids school Wed and Thursday and that he would ship out today(Friday) I still haven't heard from him and have just emailed him asking if indeed he did ship today?

Ā 

This really sucks bro.

I know your pain.

I have been waiting for 4 suits as TK/TD, two of each from Dan Laws since late 2008 where i pay for them.

They should have been done, and ready to ship out in the start of 2009... aaAAAHHHH

:D If it is pushy to wrote an email twice a month or so .....yes than i'm a pushy customer.

If i read SSKunky post, i think it was good not to pay for the shipping again to get my stuff. That would mean another 50 bucks were lost. That was his last excuse from him. He already has sent my SFS to me but it returned in bad shape. Now he certainly dont want to pay the shipping twice and i would have to do this. As i said i would only do this if he would send it insured he has no time to get a fracking shipping quote to me. He certainly thought i wouldnt sent him more money and forget about this damn lid :rolleyes:

And what is really funny. As i ordered the SFS on his site he told me its been the last one he has (if i remember right), but that would mean we (i and SSKunky) would have been paid for the same helmet LoL. The tragic is, no one of us will ever see his SFS.....maybe it was just a picture of an SFS, maybe he sold it to a third party which i believe. Why dont selling the same shucks more than one time and getting much more money? :rolleyes:

Ā 

All the guys who are waiting on stuff of him.....do you still have your emails from him. If so,, its pretty easy to see for the police that he hasnt send the stuff we are waiting for. In the last mail from him he told me that i'm pissing him off. But i see his point. How can i have any rights to ask the great man for a paid helmet after over one year. Understandable he is pissed :rolleyes:

Ā 

Post the e-mail where he says your pissing him off. that's freaking classic, you want your stuff, but your pissing HIM off? Jeez. This has moved from the tragic to the tragically comic.

That mail is from 4 weeks ago.....the last email i got from him.

Ā 

Ā 

"You know, you are piing me off to no end. I have a sick wife and a sick child at home. I did not sleep last night or the day before. I will get your quote to you when I get the time. I also spent all day on the phone trying to get my unemployment benefits extended.

Ā 

I am not in the mood to be pestered"

That mail is from 4 weeks ago.....the last email i got from him.

Ā 

Ā 

"You know, you are piing me off to no end. I have a sick wife and a sick child at home. I did not sleep last night or the day before. I will get your quote to you when I get the time. I also spent all day on the phone trying to get my unemployment benefits extended.

Ā 

I am not in the mood to be pestered"

Ā 

I wonder if you are in the mood to be pestered yet? After all how much time have you spent trying to get the product that you alreeady paid him for?

I just received my styrene rotj armor today. This was most certainly not from this recent run, it has much softer pulls in the ab plate and forearms. I think it looks better that way, but thats just me. Its also .09, maybe a little thicker. I will post photos the armor very soon!

Ā 

Ā 

Caleb

Funnily enough he contacted me out of the blue 4 days ago on Facebook chat.

Ā 

Wanted to know if I wanted a set of ROTJ armour as he had some he needed to shift. :huh:

Also said he had a " stack of helmets in hand".

Ā 

Was quite surreal as it was the first time we had ever spoken.

Did seem like a nice bloke tho'.