Are you owed money/plastic from Matt G aka TE

Hi,

just interested if more people who dealt with Matt have such problems to get their stuff.

I ordered two helmets over a year ago and he promised to finish them in a few weeks. They were some rest parts from his ANH stuff. The first helmet (ANH hero) i got many months later. For the second (SFS) i'm still waiting over a year. I always got excuses after excuses why he wasnt able to finish the helmet and many of his statements were disputed. A few months ago after a friend posted on his facebook site, he supposedly sent the helmet but it returned damaged. I have to say that i ordered certainly 100 times from the US and never had a problem so its hard to believe. In the following weeks he supposedly repaired the helmet and had it ready to ship...a few weeks later he wrote that he still has to repair it. Then he refused to send the helmet again on his own costs. I offered a refund which he declined because of his unimployment. Then i asked for a shipping quote for shipping with tracking number. I would say it takes five minutes to give a shipping quote for this helmet online but he said he has to look for a job and has no time for that.

I also have to say that i never dealt with such an unfriendly person. I can't count how much timei have invested to write him emails and ask for a helmet i paid for over one fracking year ago and he thinks i have to feel bad because of asking what he owes to me...thats a joke.

Another thing which makes me sick is the fact that he wasnt able to finish this helmet for such a long time but was able to sell dozents of his ROTJ armors and helmets. Also he never has the money for sending a helmet while making so much money with his other stuff.

Since a few weeks i got no more answers from my side and it looks like he took my money without delivering the helmet. I believe he has sold the helmet hisself and took just my money.

Are their other members here with such problems with him? I've heard its possible to contact the FBI if someone has these problems with internet frauds.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the screwed by Matt club! As far as I know you are not the only FISD member waiting YEARS for your product. Please see my thread from ealier in the year about Oct, something about this very subject. Matt is supposedly starting a new prop run so everyone beware. :angry: By the way Matt seems really more likely to screw you over if you live outside the States, just a pattern I've noticed.

Yes, I've read from our problems. And i also think that its easier for him to ripp people off who live overseas. Good luck for him that he doesnt live in my neighborhood. But there should be a possibility to get him at his balls if someone (US citizen) contact the FBI. I think he made pretty much money in ripping off people so they might be interested.

I cant believe that he is able to look in a mirror without feeling bad....people work hard for their ordered stuff and he is just keeping the money of them.

And this is why we try to educate on vendors. Matt (TE) was banned for these types of business practices. His helmets can still be nice and at times are sold via a reputable third party who has them in hand.

As noted, you are not the first nor the last by any stretch. I'm very sorry for your frustrations Nick. These days you can find comparable helmets for less via vetted sellers on these boards, for pretty much every helmet you can think of.

And this is why we try to educate on vendors. Matt (TE) was banned for these types of business practices. His helmets can still be nice and at times are sold via a reputable third party who has them in hand.

As noted, you are not the first nor the last by any stretch. I'm very sorry for your frustrations Nick. These days you can find comparable helmets for less via vetted sellers on these boards, for pretty much every helmet you can think of.

Its not because of the helmet itself Paul. I own 4 Stormie helmets at the moment but it sucks that guy has my hard earned money in his hands without delivering what i paid for. I'm really surprised that people who live in the US didnt make trouble and went to a lawyer or the police to make an end to his vendor times. Does anyone know how or where he is selling helmets and armors? Is he a member on other forums (one where he isnt banned, which must be hard to find :rolleyes: )?

Its not because of the helmet itself Paul.

Understood and agred - sorry if I wasn't clear. It's all about how he conducts his business.

Its not because of the helmet itself Paul. I own 4 Stormie helmets at the moment but it sucks that guy has my hard earned money in his hands without delivering what i paid for. I'm really surprised that people who live in the US didnt make trouble and went to a lawyer or the police to make an end to his vendor times. Does anyone know how or where he is selling helmets and armors? Is he a member on other forums (one where he isnt banned, which must be hard to find :rolleyes: )?

I sent him a message to say there are a lot of pissed off people. He said to message him on Facebook, search for Matt Gauthier.

Joe

Dont know if this would bring us any further. He is ignoring my emails why he should answer a message on Facebook. The best would be to make posts on his facebook account so other people could see the correspondence, but that would mean to be friend with him :rolleyes:

I am still waiting on my styrene ROTJ armor set. I paid him at the beginning of this year for it and i still have nothing. He asked me for my addy on friday so that he could send it, and i gave it to him, for the 4th time and then the next day he post on facebook that he isnt feeling well and that he wont be sending anything out and blah blah blah.

By the way Joe, you do not have to tell him that there are pissed off people here, I am sure he has already read this entire thread already..I believe he has a dummy account on here.

Caleb

To send him a message on facebook is the same as send him an email. He will ignore it. We have to make posts or messages at places where everyone is able to read this and he cant delete the messages. Is anybody friends with him at facebook and can post at his wall? Does he have other places from where he is selling his stuff where we could make posts?

@Caleb I know what you mean. I've heard nearly every excuse a man can imagine. He is ill, his wife is ill, his childs are ill, cancer, injuries, no money, no job ,not finished, lost by post office, no materials, missing parts.....its a giant joke.

I think this guy has made really big money through us and isnt delivering the stuff...only for a few buddies who promote his work that others who dont know his selling practices go in his net......exactly the same as with SPFX. The same type of "vendor". Thats why i'm really surprised that no one has called the police. He ripped off customers for thousands of dollars. Normaly he should go into jail.

Unfortunately, fraud is one of the hardest things to prove because you have to show that he had no intention of sending the items.

I'm just glad I had Stomper in my corner when I bought one of TE's ROTJ lids. He got it sorted out for me. What was a 6 week wait could well have been much longer.

I am still waiting on my styrene ROTJ armor set. I paid him at the beginning of this year for it and i still have nothing. He asked me for my addy on friday so that he could send it, and i gave it to him, for the 4th time and then the next day he post on facebook that he isnt feeling well and that he wont be sending anything out and blah blah blah.

By the way Joe, you do not have to tell him that there are pissed off people here, I am sure he has already read this entire thread already..I believe he has a dummy account on here.

Caleb

What's slightly funny C is that when we started this exact same thread a few months ago you were much more forgiving for Matt. No offense meant in any way shape or form my man, just an observation. I have heard this stuff behind the scenes and in front of the curtain for to long. When do we stop supporting a person as a slow producer, and start to call him a thief? Matt I know you don't care what anyone thinks of you, but you are on these boards, and reading this, just how sick do you have to be to not pack up a box and send it to Caleb for a F'ing year? In that time you have packed and sold countless suits and helmets, but not his during your bouts of not sickness couldn't you have packed that up or the guys who started this thread and not several other people? If you need help packing stuff up ask for it. Hell I'll come help you pack it up of it gets these threads completely out of the public eye. I really really liked you man, you have a great family, and a really great product, but these problems are destroying what should be a sterling reputation. all you need to do is give people what they have paid for, that's not asking to much.

But Dan is a nice guy. Had to wait nearly a year for my AT-AT driver helmet (in accurate grey :)
Sorry to threadjack, but you've GOT to get some pics of that up! :D :D :D :atatpilot: :atatpilot: :atatpilot:

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread...

How do you file charges against someone when you are both involved in an illegal purchase?

the transaction is not illegal per se, Matt re-casting from copyright works and making money off of them is, but the purchaser isn't liable...wait a minute my brain just froze. :P I guess what I want to say is this, if I make a Death star commander helmet (as an example) and choose to sell it to you, and then take your money and run, I am still the more legally at fault member. I think, I guess, oh heck I'm spit balling at this point, truth be told if Matt has the money and never delivered its still theft, no matter the product so long as the product isn't contraband, (pot and so forth) the legal copyright issues are not really in the mix for the local DA that will prosecute Matt for theft.

Almost made some sort of sense huh?