I am using a set I got from SA a while ago. Kinda a cross between a Novamex with a synth leather center finger trim. I like the look even if not accurate. Downside is they turn my hands black when I sweat.

Chem gloves would be horrible to sweat in, yuck...

You could use lycra/spandex gloves.

Thats what I use. It's nice not to have sweaty hands while in armor. They are a little girly for my taste but they were free, and once I'm suited up you can't tell anyway.

I have used the lycra/spandex gloves, but as I am upgrading my "look" (thanks to all the great stuff being discussed here in the FISD!), I let Chazz talk me into getting some rubber gloves, but I have not trooped in them yet. I also have some nomex gloves on order too, since I am not sure how rubber gloves will feel when it is 90 degrees in the summer...

I have used the lycra/spandex gloves, but as I am upgrading my "look" (thanks to all the great stuff being discussed here in the FISD!), I let Chazz talk me into getting some rubber gloves, but I have not trooped in them yet. I also have some nomex gloves on order too, since I am not sure how rubber gloves will feel when it is 90 degrees in the summer...

they will feel clammy LMAO!

they will feel clammy LMAO!

Yeah, go ahead and laugh, Chazz... I sometimes wear a black wetsuit instead of the lycra/spandex bodysuit, so I might as well use rubber gloves since my whole body is in rubber...

I ordered them so I will let you know what I think once I have used them. Nomex gloves just don't age well. I would guess, to keep them looking nice, you need to replace them every 1-2 years. At least that is my experience. The fabric gets pilled and looks like an old teddy bear. This soft leather should last a long time. If it gets spots on it, the leather can be easily redyed.

Has anyone used anything like this? They might be a little long but easily trimmed.

Yeah, especially the gauntlets look like they might need to be tailored a bit so they don't bunch up under the forearm armor.

• 6 months later...

Found these at Wal-Mart today for $9.96. What do you think?

Sorry about the colors. Didn't have time to edit. The gloves are pitch black with suede palms and ribbed backs. Just have to cover up the MechPro logo on the tabs.

-------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

I tried the "accurate" rubber glove route once and ditched them immediately. I've been sticking with the nomex flight gloves ever since, and they're easily found for under $20.

Actually, I have an extra pair I need to sell (shameless plug).

I'm looking for gloves too .. Until this week, I had the cheapest rubber gloves, but they dried up on my mannequin before even using them!!! I bought another 1$ pair for my halloween party. It's gonna be my first time using them but I'd like something not rubber .. I feel like it'll be disgusting after an hour in those!!!

Daetrin, PM Sent :)

Alas my gloves were sold to SuperTrooper. If you search Ebay for "black nomex flight gloves" you can find them on the cheap, but I'm not sure of the durability.

Per request, I'm adding the below from a PM I sent an individual:

OneStopKnifeShop occasionally has sales. I bought two pair there awhile back at $25/pair.

I don't find them too hot at all. The fabric is pretty breathable. Then again, 80 degrees is hot for Seattle. :-p

But I can tell you that rubber gloves are miserable. Cold in the winter, hot in the summer. Ugh sad.gif

I think all leather would have the same problems, which is why I like the flight gloves. You can probably Google and find a cheaper outlet. In fact, check out US Cavalry:

--------------

The cheapest are $18 but only 3 star. The 4.5 star ones are $30.

I think the cheaper ones should be fine for trooping. I mean, it's not like we're doing MOUT practice like some of the customers are.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

• 2 months later...