Cut the cod?

It's not hard to do depending on what type of seat, and how tired you are. If you are truly tired, you'll make it work. Usually I have to unsnap my thighs and rotate them, else they'll dig in to my body. Otherwise I'm usually OK and have taken cab rides.

• 4 months later...

Good morning,

I have completed the trooper suite, but I am having the hardest time keeping the armor attached with industrial velcro. What is the best thing to use to keep the armor armor attached. ex. the chest and back together, the arm and shoulders, etc.... I could really use you guys now. Holidays are coming and I know we have appearances. Thanks.

I would never cut my cod no matter how comfortable it might make it. I've seen to many that flop around or don't sit right and it just looks silly. I just accept the fact I cannot sit down well so I just don't bother. Tough it out I say. Is being able to sit so important while on break? Sure, that's why I take it off if I take a break more than a couple of minutes. It takes me 2 minutes to put my kit back on so cutting it and essentially ruining the armor is so not worth it to me.

I cut my cod and I agree that it is quite unnecessary. Sitting is unnecessary, acrobatic mobility is unnecessary, kneeling etc...

There are tons of things that are unnecessary that we do anyway out of boredom and we should be happy with the way the armor was designed!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm really giving a lot of thought to cutting it. This thread was helpful. Wish the forum search was better I would have found this thread faster.

• 2 years later...

Yes I know this thread is a bit old, but so am I and I hope I still get some use every now and then !   Grin...   I like to see threads like this where peoples opinions vary so much from one to another however I would love to see more (MANY MANY MORE) images of before and afters.  Yes I know that is not gonna happen for the ones who have already made these cuts, (Ya can't go back and take BEFORE pictures if it's already done, Grin) but for the others who are thinking of doing this, please take before pictures as a just in case for the future.   I'm still debating...   Not even done my first troop yet...    Grin, OK, not even approved yet, but SOMEDAY !!!   Grin...

Dan

I've been considering cutting the cod for a long time.

There is another thread about it (don't remember who posted it), but that trooper came up with a BRILLIANT method for cutting the cod.

I like the "diamond cut" method a lot better than the straight cut, and this is how I plan to do it.

These are the pictures I grabbed from the other thread (thanks to whoever posted them!):

DhXelvh.jpg

T173T1t.jpg

Peeing while in armor? Really guys? >.< 

No thoughts of any possible splash back or misting on the armor right around the same height as the kids that hug us? :|

Not if your are careful! :D

Aiming is important.

I managed to relief myself without a cut cod Piece and without taking off the armor.

Proof of concept.

(I am not from cirque du soleil ...)

Edited by Bone

I cut my cod just last week after a lot of deliberating. 

I wouldn't say I can now do special choreographed dance routines, but it just feels a little bit more natural in the overall fit. It's like getting a waist and hips for the first time if you were born without them. 

My advice - if your TK is mainly for display only - don't cut it. But if your main intention is trooping, then you should consider. 

As far as toilet breaks, if you have to go really bad - you will find a way regardless of how hard it may be. :P

• Like 1