501st replica?

Hey David!!!!

Welcome dont forget to go to the new member area and introduce your self. tell us a little about your self,what u into etc.

I would strongly suggest u do research here about all the different types of Stormtroopers there are, before u buy any thing!

And for that price i think u could get a better suit..... but like isaid do your research first. there are better looking suits. and stay away from the bay and similar boards.

Do not buy from web sites or eBay.

Nothing against Jedi Robe, but the only licensed places to sell armor or helmets are efx for helmets and Museum Replicas for the rest (they still don't have a stormtrooper armor.)

Good quality armor is made by fans, and they don'to sell openly on eBay or websites.

Avoid this kind of sites!

As said, stay away from eBay and web stores. The only exception I can think of is if you personally know the seller, and in that case you can deal directly with him/her without eBay.

As far as the kit goes - the body armor is FX. You can get FX for a lot cheaper than that, assuming that's the maker you intend to go with. You'll also need to fit it to your own body, so prebuilt kits are generally a bad idea. I have no clue what the helmet is, but based on the frown alone it is NOT ANH-accurate. Neither is the blaster.

Take you time, research, ask questions here, and hook up with your nearest 501st garrison, and you'll soon understand what I'm talking about. I understand wanting to dive in right away, but with this hobby, study and patience pays off many times over.

The 501st as a rule does not endorse one particular armor maker over another. 501st acceptance depends on the quality of the kit and how it's assembled, not who makes it. Having said that, everyone has their personal favorites, including myself. Once again, take some time to peruse the threads here and you'll soon have a good idea of the various armor makers and what might be best for you based on cost, desired accuracy, skill level required to assemble, your individual physique, etc.

Good luck, and we're all pulling for you. :)

The helmet is a Rubies helmet, which is not 501st approved. No where in the SW universe were there stormtrooper helmets with holes drilled in the eyes for the person to see out of. Ugly as heck too if you put it side to side with a fan made helmet.

Ok, my bad, I thought the link below the add was for the helmet that came with the kit, it is not it is a "related product" ... Need side picture, but to me it looks like an FX helmet with the frown painted badly.

Maybe they just did a horrible job of assembly.... <_<

Either way, I'm not trying to bust anyone's balls or diss any armor maker, I just remember the old saying "If it's too good to be true, it probably is..."

And yes, STAY AWAY FROM EBAY!

Seems the owner of the site gets access to pictures of various 501'st garrisons thru facebook. The Starwars themed wedding was done by the Philippine outpost. they post pictures of 501st troopers to get people to believe that their site is affiliated by the Legion.

---------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

---------

And the TK's in the above Wedding picture are from the Vectis Remnant and NONE of them have been supplied by him, except perhaps the Rubies one.

How do I know?

Coz I run the group and feature in the pics accompanying the article!!!!

I'm 99 ( ;)) percent sure who this sellers is , or atleast his connections, and yes its recast. The rest of the costumes were all either home made or rubies and rented for the day.

I would say more but cannot due to previous threats of legal proceedings .

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Hey, thanks for all the help. How is it that you all know what cast the bucket is, or that the chest is recast? You all truly impress me, I can see that I still have alot of learning to do.

Spend a few days browsing the armor history threads. Itll teach you alot about the differant kinds of armor and help you get a better idea of exactly what youre looking at when you see the armor maker (AP, TE2, FX, Exc.) There is alot of information out there to be absorbed but its worth it in the end. By the time youre done with your armor youll be picking out not only armor maker but which version (ANH,ESB,ROTJ). The people on here have been around the block a few times so all i have to say is heed their advice and learn from your fellow troopers. and as everyone else has stated STAY AWAY FROM WEBSITES AND E-BAY