Stormtrooper Kit Prices

Blaze

Puppies or Kittens  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Which is best?

• Puppies
    • Kittens

Yaaaaa..... sorry Blaze but any menction of cash and kits and stuff like this is a no no here or in any Legion forum. I understand were your going at but not here. sorry man.

So changing the subject......

Hows your armor comeing along??????

This is a fan-driven hobby. You can't compare it to regular commerce.

Don't worry, with time you'll learn more things about how this hobby started and grew to what it is today and understand why things are like they are. Just give it time.

Oh! and by the way, from the time I got interested in Stormtrooper armor (many, many years ago) to this day, the prices have nothing but fallen. Armor was never as affordable, as accurate and as readily available as it is today. ;)

Time is money! As an artist myself and art preparator for 13 years I know this much. Just be appreciative that there are guys out there making this stuff for us, times are tough for most right now.

My 2 credits

Yeah no matter what I'm glad that there are people willing to make the stuff I want so I don't have to :) I'm lazy and wouldn't have the time to make it AND then put it all together.

A BIIIIGGG THANKS! to all makers and contributers of this awesome hobbie! *hugs* :)

So changing the subject......

Hows your armor coming along??????

Oh, I've been doing several sketches and diagrams and familiarizing myself with how most members are doing the strapping. I don't want to be unprepared for when my kit arrives :D

I'm an artist too and I appreciate the detail that goes into making these amazing suits.

Um why is talking about hypothetical prices taboo.

I didn't mention any armor makers and I used made up prices.

Pm u with the answer.

The reality is that they will charge what they think it's worth and what people are willing to pay. Wasn't long ago a hyperfirm MG-34 would go for $600, now they are $325 or so.

In part you're paying for plastic - thick costs more than thin and ABS more than HIPS. But also that person's time. A working dad with two kids living in Manhattan will put a larger premium on his time than an unemployed college student in Mississippi, for instance. What is your time worth to you?

You're also paying for quality and service. A reputable vendor who delivers on time with high quality parts may charge more than someone doing ghetto pulls. There is pretty much armor for every price point, but typically the higher the quality the higher the cost.

Lastly you pay extra for rarity. Items that don't come up for sale much carry a premium.

In the end you can always create your own molds, like TM and RT did. Even at $10 / hour (not much more than minimum wage here in WA state), it's far more economic to just buy someone's kit than spend those countless hours making your own molds from scratch.

Yeah no matter what I'm glad that there are people willing to make the stuff I want so I don't have to :) I'm lazy and wouldn't have the time to make it AND then put it all together.

A BIIIIGGG THANKS! to all makers and contributers of this awesome hobbie! *hugs* :)

You got that right :) Thank the makers :) They have made my dreams come true.

Kittans FTW cos they is always teh boss of teh doggehs i can knoes!1 Juest ask meh doggeh!!!1!1!

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

I think the record will show that I'm a long-time supporter of kittens, and kitten-based initiatives, but I'm going to have to respectfully diverge from my colleagues and go with puppies.

I realize this is a controversial stance to take, but sometimes, you just have to do what you think is right.

I think the record will show that I'm a long-time supporter of kittens, and kitten-based initiatives, but I'm going to have to respectfully diverge from my colleagues and go with puppies.

I realize this is a controversial stance to take, but sometimes, you just have to do what you think is right.

Well Doug,

I have to respectfully disagree and agree with you. Puppies are the best, but kittens and cats in general are my proven nemesis, and just for proof I offer the fact I really despise cats, and every time I visit a person with cats, the darn thing ends up walking all over me, like I OWE it a pet or something.

Only a cat would knowingly walk all over my rights to personal space when it knows darn good a well I DON'T WANT TO PET IT!!!

Dogs will respect your space. Besides, puppies have that really pleasant puppy breath!!

DOGS (and puppies) ALL THE WAY!!!!

Nathan, you disgust me.

That Kitten is clearly a recast!! :P

I think Nathan needs to contact the original caster of this kitten and give them money for the right to recast the kitten in question that the original recaster doesn't hold the rights to. Of course, we need to determine if it was originally a Kitten Master, Kitten Expert, Kitten Expert 2, AK, or KAT Kitten. So he can make an Affordable Kitten Alternative (AKA).

With all due respect to Blaze, I'm closing down this thread.

In his original post, he brought up some valid concerns and meaningful questions. I had the opportunity to exchange some information with him yesterday.

And while some members have chosen to reply to his questions in a constructive manner, this thread no longer provides anything meaningful.

Blaze, if you have any further questions about white armor, please feel free to PM me.

T :salute: