Master Replica ANH Helmet VS FX Helmet

Just wondering which helmet is better? Can the Master Replica helmet have it's hovi mics modded with speakers? The FX helmet I know is bigger but does that just make it more comfortable and roomy to put in your fans and mic etc... Not super duper worried about screen accuracy at this moment in time.

Thanks

What do you mean by "better"?

Which one's more comfortable?

Which one's more screen accurate?

Which one's of a better quality?

Because there's not one helmet "better" than another. There's just a helmet that fits your needs, and that's it. :)

What do you mean by "better"?

Which one's more comfortable?

Which one's more screen accurate?

Which one's of a better quality?

Because there's not one helmet "better" than another. There's just a helmet that fits your needs, and that's it. :)

I really hate the fx lid and i used to own a master replica....master replica do the job with some mods. I spec like the side look of the master replica :) Fx just looks funny imo

The FX is quite large and gives the "bobble-head" look to all but the taller troopers.

Because of it's size it will easily accommodate the internals e.g, fans, mic system etc.

Having said that, the MRCE will also do the same job, but is more of an accurate size and with a few modifications can look half decent and will ultimately look more proportionate in comparison.

I should point out that the MRCE is a bit heavier at 1.1kg (2.4 pounds) vs. the FX at 0.75 kg (1.6 pounds), but if weight is not an issue, then out of the two, I'd choose the MRCE.

Rick

One thing you will notice is that the plastic used on the MRCE lid is thick and is lovely.. I only wish my AP lid was just as sturdy....

You cannot go wrong with the MRCE lid, just sand out the teeth (increase the gaps), fill in the seam gap and put replacement tube decals.....and if you feel bold enough, replace the ears...... thst's it.... you'll have a top trooping lid then....

Oh, buckets of space inside too... :D

I think little by little the FX *helmet* is phasing itself out. Most new troopers are using something else.

As for the armor I think it has a bit of life left. Out of the box it's not the greatest, but it can be pimped out it can look really good. Just check out our EIB's :)

Youck...when i see the fx buck I start to wounder how it can be 501st approved and not the don post/rubies helmet...cause the fx is ugly as hell imo

cheers

Disclaimer: I'm a noob so not an expert

I've seen lots of criticism about the FX helmet being too big, but theres usually a clause that says "except on tall troopers". Well what about us tall troopers? Should the 501st ban it because it looks too big on the majority, though it works ok for tall troopers?

I've seen lots of criticism about the FX helmet being too big, but theres usually a clause that says "except on tall troopers". Well what about us tall troopers? Should the 501st ban it because it looks too big on the majority, though it works ok for tall troopers?

Well that doesn't really apply as much as a lot of people say, I am 6'1 with the FX kit and an MRCE Bucket and it looks great in regards to proportion.

In all honesty, the taller someone is the more "bobble headed" the FX will actually look.

If you are short, the FX removes any concept of having a neck at all! Not to mention how aesthetically displeasing it is all around.

absolutley not :) that was my opinion :)

I am 6,2" and i fit fine in a screenaccurate so not all tall troopers need big buckets :)

Absoulutly not ban maybe 70 % of 501.st but you will have to agree it looks shucks :)...It may be roomy but thats all :) I have owned one and one MR and now a screenacurate :)

Cheers buddy

1. The FX helmet *was* the only solution to very tall troopers, but RT now has an oversized bucket and there is another maker who will make correctly proportionate (e.g. ANH) buckets that are slightly larger next year, so there *are* now more accurate options and more on the way.

2. Even if you had a 100% accurate ANH bucket that is 10% too large for you, this is an issue. All costumes require that they be proportionate and fitted to the user, whether it's a Vader, Officer, or TK.

I think little by little the FX *helmet* is phasing itself out. Most new troopers are using something else.

As for the armor I think it has a bit of life left. Out of the box it's not the greatest, but it can be pimped out it can look really good. Just check out our EIB's :)

For sure, should be gettin my ATA armor soon but ive already finished my ATA bucket. Wont even think about going F/X. Anyways, if you want to put a little blood sweat and tears and TIME then go with an ATA. Its affordable and for me was a good first time piece to build. There are tons of people on here to help you out if you get stuck and thousands of threads to help you get through any build.

Just wondering which helmet is better? Can the Master Replica helmet have it's hovi mics modded with speakers? The FX helmet I know is bigger but does that just make it more comfortable and roomy to put in your fans and mic etc... Not super duper worried about screen accuracy at this moment in time.

Thanks

In my experience I've seen that anything can be modified. FX is really on it's way out, there are many options to fit all the "needs" that FX once filled.