Dan Laws new ESB Stormtrooper Helmet

I got this helmet kit from my good friend Rolf aka TD 252 a while back and have finally got around to finishing it in ESB style.

I had a bit of help from my other good buddy StukaTrooper aka Pete, thank you very much and ps it was nice to see your clone progress.. that is going to look totally awesome :)

Anyway back to the helmet, i finished this using ESB decals from Mike TK 4510 and Keiths hovi mic tips replica's and painted the frown and vocoder satin black. The inside is finished in the usual sparce fashion with star shaped foam, green welders lens and elastic chin strap..

file446.jpg

file447.jpg

file449.jpg

file450.jpg

file452.jpg

file453.jpg

file454.jpg

file455.jpg

file464.jpg

file456.jpg

Fantastic collection, Mark! I imagine it's a lot of fun having all those toys lined up! :D

Could you tell us which is which? I'm curious to see if I'm guessing correctly on all of 'em.

Fantastic collection, Mark! I imagine it's a lot of fun having all those toys lined up! :D

Could you tell us which is which? I'm curious to see if I'm guessing correctly on all of 'em.

Thanks Doug although i have had about 18 helmets i often sell some to make room for others..

Its more fun if you guess :D

Damn!!! Do my ESB decals fit the Dan Laws OK???

Hi Mike yes your decals fit this helmet ok, about the same as the TE2 helmet i would say. The only hard part here was the cheek traps, in that these dan laws lids have a really large oval dimple which is a pain to get the decal to curve over. But apart from that, they look sweet :)

2718132645_614fcd41e9.jpg

Photo courtesy of Dan Laws :)

• 1 month later...
Hi Mike yes your decals fit this helmet ok, about the same as the TE2 helmet i would say. The only hard part here was the cheek traps, in that these dan laws lids have a really large oval dimple which is a pain to get the decal to curve over. But apart from that, they look sweet :)

2718132645_614fcd41e9.jpg

Photo courtesy of Dan Laws :)

Hi firebladejedi

Awesome looking Helmets You Got there!!!!

Can you or anyone tell me why DL's Helmet has large oval dimple in the cheek traps? I have never seen this before.

Cheers, RogueTrooper

My Creed is - Shoot first, if there is anyone left alive ..... then you ask questions ....... :blink:

Legend has it that the bump was always there -- but TE and Gino purposefully removed it, for whatever reason.

I could be talking out of my butt, but I seem to remember reading something like that back in the day when those two were allowed to square off here.

You're exactly right. :duim:

I think it's kind of a cool little detail -- I'm glad DL's put it back.

I wonder if it serves any kind of practical function -- like aiding in the de-moulding process, or if it was just an extra esthetic detail that got discarded/replaced/augmented with paint/decals.

Anybody know the scoop on it?

I love this little bullet / oval detail in the tear traps B)

I think you'll find that TM as had this detail incorporated in his helmets for quite some time now ;)

definitely well, well before Dan reintroduced back into his molds

2740187282_abe4bf01bd_o.jpg

:)