1 of 3....

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now im just showing off. lol. sorry.

We're not complaining. It's like a hot woman at the beach - no apologies necessary. :)

We're not complaining. It's like a hot woman at the beach - no apologies necessary. :)

Ā 

Great analogy Paul, haha.

Ā 

You guys just wait till I receive the armor, Matt told me hes going to be adding the finishing touches to the helmet on Monday, and on Tuesday or Wednesday hes shipping it off. Ill be taking a crap load of photos once its in my grasps.

Ā 

The styrene suit that I bought from him is also a keeper. This suit is not from this recent run, but from the very first run of ROTJ armor that he started back several years ago. From what I have been told, it is the very first suit pulled (a test pull).

Ā 

1sttesuit1.jpg

1sttesuit2.jpg

1sttesuit4.jpg

1sttesuit3.jpg

Ā 

some of the pieces were coated with a coat of clear gloss enamel, which I will add to the rest of the armor.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
This suit is not from this recent run, but from the very first run of ROTJ armor that he started back several years ago. From what I have been told, it is the very first suit pulled (a test pull).

Ā 

I could be mistaken here but I am pretty sure the first run of the TE ROTJ armour did not come with the original shoulder bells or hand plates like you have shown, so I doubt this one could have been the first (or one of the first) suits pulled. From what I can remember, CO didn't send the original shoulder bells and hand plates and they were resculpted (not very accurately) to make them up while they made their way to TE.

Ā 

Either way, looks killer :)

I could be mistaken here but I am pretty sure the first run of the TE ROTJ armour did not come with the original shoulder bells or hand plates like you have shown, so I doubt this one could have been the first (or one of the first) suits pulled. From what I can remember, CO didn't send the original shoulder bells and hand plates and they were resculpted (not very accurately) to make them up while they made their way to TE.

Ā 

Either way, looks killer :)

Ā 

Ā 

Never heard that one before. interesting though.

Ā 

Ā 

Caleb

The Oakley suit only had one original bell. The original suit was also sent to Matt in one hit inc. all parts. With the exception of the obviouse missing components. This is what I was told from Cameron a little while ago.

Ā 

So Caleb your suit is correct.

So how come they used to come with the oddly shaped bells and hands?

Ā 

I'm sure I read it on Matt's website or somewhere about the parts being shipped at a later date. One thing is for sure, the first sets did come with newly sculpted bells and hands. I will find the pics shortly.

Ā 

I'm not bagging on your kit Celab, it's really great :duim: I just doubt it is 'THE' first suit ever pulled.

The first pic I posted is quite possibly from Trap Joe which is a recast of the TE ROTJ. Reading that thread you linked to (which I have read before) a quote from TE posted by FON states that the sculpted hand plates are from him (TE) so why sculpt them if he had the originals from CO?

Ā 

Anyone got a link to Matts website with the ROTJ helmets?