Work dress code

ThayNerd

I started one of these a while back and since our membership has grown even larger in the last few months I thought I would start another thread. So... What do you have to wear when you aren't wearing stormtrooper armor? I work for the State of California and I am an analyst, so it’s pretty much dress shirt, a tie, and slacks everyday except Fridays. On those days we can dress casual, I usually wear cargos or jeans and a t-shirt, if I feel like dressing it up a bit I wear a polo shirt. So what does everyone else have to wear to their job?

We use to wear shirts/ties/dress pants/dress shoes...but we're dealing with industrial sites that aren't very clean...after going through a couple pairs of outfits the first year we were testing printing ink plants, we changed the dress code...

Now its jeans and polo shirts...:D

Button down shirt and jeans. I usually spend a good amount of time outside. I work for a heavy construction equipment dealership. Then I'm indoors doing the accounting.

Sure beats what I used to wear everyday. I used to work for the IRS, professional attire mostly. I lost a lot of friends while working for the IRS but gained them all back when I quit. Haha :P

I work for myself from home making cartoon characters and selling them on my website: Cartoon Solutions so I can wear whatever I like. Mostly it's just t-shirt and shorts. Although I have the luxury of working in my pajamas, I've found that if I do wear them, I get far less done. So I wear 'big boy' clothes every day!

I work for the State of Alaska in a Youth Challenge Program for "at risk" teenagers. I have to wear black BDU pants and a red shirt with the Academy's logo on it. The shirt can either be a T-shirt or a polo. Wow, great options there. :D

Rick

I work for the Bank of Spain as a web designer. Mostly polo shirts, jeans and shoes (dress shoes.)

We are not required to dress in a particular way, just be tidy. :)

Suit ( 3 piece, dress shirt & pants,tie) and labcoat. I can use scrubs but i hate them!!!!!! ( during med school, the health code stated that because i was so hairy i had to shave my chest,back & fore arms.......( but i could use my beard if i had a Tie-On Surgical Mask) can u imagine that!!!!!

So i stay clear from them if i can.......

Suit ( 3 piece, dress shirt & pants,tie) and labcoat. I can use scrubs but i hate them!!!!!! ( during med school, the health code stated that because i was so hairy i had to shave my chest,back & fore arms.......( but i could use my beard if i had a Tie-On Surgical Mask) can u imagine that!!!!!

So i stay clear from them if i can.......

LOL!

Get caught doing a lot of surgeries without a shirt on?? :D

That's a bit excessive of a reg!

Well I'm Army so its usually ACU (Army Combat Uniform) and my 3 yr old boots that I'll never throw away no matter how messed up they are.

When I'm in Germany and not at work its usually a pair a kahki cargo pants, flip flops, a tie dye shirt and a zipper hoodie.

Or when the Bruins are playin, I wear my Savard Jersey and my Bruins hat!!!

I work in corporate support for Time Warner Cable, so it's kaki pants, and a TWC polo. get to wear jeans and whatever shirt on Mon and Fri.

From all the post here about everyone's job here, I've not seen one "Gigalo" to all the hard working office lady's! I must be the odd man out! :P O.K...no-duff, see my avtar, and that's pretty much what I wear. Simple yet very manly. Some of the army office's I have worked out of are near the down town business center, and my "red hat" is a big hit with the lady's! I may as well be a gigalo! :P

Thayne, :huh:

I was curious about the title of your thread so I stopped and read: :D

Here goes:

1. Underarmour hot weather tee and briefs, black.

2. Second Chance Body Armor.

3. Hi-Tec Boots, black socks.

4. Flying Cross shirt & trousers, dark blue, tropical wool blend.

5. HPD Badge No. XXXX

6. Smith & Wesson 5906 9mm Semi-auto pistol, 15 round mags x 3, double stack.

7. Remington Model 870 12 gauge pump action shotgun.

8. 223cal/5.56mm Colt Semi-auto rifle Model AR-15A3, 30 round mag.

9. Supplemental Smith & Wesson 6904 9mm Semi-auto pistol, 12 round mag, double stack.

10. O.C. (Oleoresin Capsicum) Spray

11. Peerless Handcuffs x 2 (issued and supplemental)

12. ASP Tactical Baton

13. Oakley Razor Blades, mirrored.

Or I can wear a nice Aloha shirt and slacks... :rolleyes:

T :salute:

Cool. Thanks to everyone who posted so far. Its cool to see what we all wear in the real world and what we all do.