Easy way to tell top from bottom of kidney plate?

Is there a difference in the top versus bottom of the kidney plate? The way I have it trimmed, it seems to flare a little more up and out on one side versus the other when held vertically and I'm sort of assuming that the more flared part would be the top to accomodate the wider part of the back. Make sense?

-Chris

------------

Looks like Option 1 is right to me. But that's just a guess based on knowledge of anatomy. :)

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

You can also put a little Sharpie mark now that you know. Yes, I've seen "TOP" on items. Mike A. also makes a sticker set with R & L that are nice to have.

Option two!

The butt plate should mate up perfectly. The raised section should be slightly off to one side and the butt plate should only match up one way......option two :)

Also, on the original armour, they had a square cut out at the bottom edge of the kidney section where it met up to the abdomen. The butt plate was narrower than the kidney and that's why there was a cut out so it matched up with the butt plate.

Poop. Now i have two different opinions. lol

Let me go check and see which way the butt seems to match up better. Seemed like it worked either way.... *sigh*

troopermaster said:
This photo shows the cut out on the bottom of the kidney section which I was refering to.

irxprcW.jpg

Very cool. I've noticed that detail in your armor in Pete's build. Love it!

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

Whatever Paul says!!!! :D

I don't think there are many people in the world who know more about armour!!!