Thanks for ruining Star Wars for me!

Random1156

And for driving my wife nuts!

This week, Spike TV has been showing all six movies from Star Wars...they finally got to the original trilogy on Thursday. While watching, I've been pausing, rewinding, going frame by frame on each scene with TKs in it...sometimes more than once, pointing out armor flaws to my wife, who doesn't really care...;)

I don't think I'll ever be able to watch the original trilogy the same again...

Thank you everyone here for making me a more knowledgeable Star Wars fan!

:dance:

It could be worse. I was 18 when Top Gun came out and it was the greatest movie ever. Then I watched it with one of the RIO's who was in the squadron filmed and he pointed out every flub, and there were tons of them. At some point you just have to let go...

I caught some of it on Spike too, and it was the first time I noticed the trooper in ESB with the right shoulder bell completely fallen off and hanging on his elbow, when they lead Han into the carbonite chamber. If they could fix Han's vest in that scene in the "Special Edition", why didn't they correct that?

My girlfriend and I watched a couple of episodes on spike this last weekend as well. The last of ANH and the whole thing for ESB and ROTJ. Her favorite is ROTJ, she loves those damn ewoks. :6:

If they could fix Han's vest in that scene in the "Special Edition", why didn't they correct that?

They fixed Han's disappearing/reappearing vest, must not have noticed :blush:. But to my defense there aren't any stormtroopers or Vader in the scene.

about 6 months ago was the first time I'd noticed the TK that hits his head in ANH. I've never laughed so hard in my life, I stopped and rewound that scene about 10 times and was crying by the end. Still can't believe that scene got by me unnoticed for all these years. The 'thunk' noise it makes is so obvious aswell!

about 6 months ago was the first time I'd noticed the TK that hits his head in ANH. I've never laughed so hard in my life, I stopped and rewound that scene about 10 times and was crying by the end. Still can't believe that scene got by me unnoticed for all these years. The 'thunk' noise it makes is so obvious aswell!

I did the same thing when I first noticed it a few years ago...anyone have that problem during a troop with hitting their helmet on something?

That's the reason there should always be cameras rolling during events...;) That would make a great blooper reel...

I'm a former M1A1 Tank gunner / Commander. spent 10 years in the Army. I can't watch any military flick, or a flick with a military uniform in it without picking out flaws. 'Courage Under Fire' especially, since the shots inside the M1 turrets were SOOOO inaccurate.