Keeping Cool

I get very hot during indoor troops (and if its hot out, out door troops as well). I've decided to buy a cool vest. Our local Darth Vader uses this brand. I ordered their lite version hoping it fits tighter. Anyone else try one of these under their armor? Yes I use summer weight under armor when its hot out. I have fans and vent holes in my helmet.

http://www.coolsport.net

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Yes, our Vader loves it and can't troop w/o it. I think Jim just runs extra hot, but he's also our trailblazer for keeping a TK cool :)

I once strapped ice packs to my chest/back when I did a Vader, but I wouldn't recommend this for a TK.

If my fans are running I am usually good to go and don't get overheated, still gets a little swampy in there from time to time. :unsure:

For outdoor troops I find that if I pour ice water down my front and back on the under armor it really helps cool ya off. Great on hot days. So how many out door troops have you done in Vegas in direct sun light when its 100+???? And for how long??? We've had some troops last 4+ hours and that gets to be a lot when its hot.

Most of our summer troops are outside, and they usually last 4-5 hours. There are breaks of course, but being born in the desert, I'm not really phased by extreme heat.

It's beautiful thing to be young and durable. :)

Most of our summer troops are outside, and they usually last 4-5 hours. There are breaks of course, but being born in the desert, I'm not really phased by extreme heat.

I was born in the desert and I am sweating like mad in the summer when I dress out. Although, I was in the snow last weekend and felt nice and comfy :)

• 5 months later...

If you can find a way to wear a cool vest underneath a set of TK armor and keep it hidden then I say go for it.

As a professional Santa Claus I can attest to the benefits of the cool vest. Many Santas wear them and it's a necessity for me as a Santa because Christmas comes to Australia in the summer. My cool vest is an amazing thing and I recommend it to anyone. It would be tough to wear one as a TK unless you can find one in black to blend in with the body suit. And they can be bulky when fully loaded ( I have a phase change cooling vest).

I use my cooling vest to round out my Santa belly because I'm lucky not to be that big naturally.

If you can find a way to wear a cool vest underneath a set of TK armor and keep it hidden then I say go for it.

As a professional Santa Claus I can attest to the benefits of the cool vest. Many Santas wear them and it's a necessity for me as a Santa because Christmas comes to Australia in the summer. My cool vest is an amazing thing and I recommend it to anyone. It would be tough to wear one as a TK unless you can find one in black to blend in with the body suit. And they can be bulky when fully loaded ( I have a phase change cooling vest).

I use my cooling vest to round out my Santa belly because I'm lucky not to be that big naturally.

The cool vests do come in black...

• 2 weeks later...