name that bucket

I have been sat here with my MR and AP for abt an hour and various other pics... (one day tony.... one day..... TE2 lid will be mine bwhahahahahahaha!!!!)

I would have to agree with MR lineage for the following reasons:

(1) nose as already stated

(2) aerator detail

(3) roundedness/bulginess of the bit of the frown as it turns in in-between the teeth. AP and TE2 look a little more recessed

wonkiness of face throws me off though, cos that cant be MR :(

go on boss - wot is it???? I wants to know!

Nate

Defo looks like an MRCE, but also looks like it's had a few right hooks from Lennox Lewis... face looks totally off, even to be an accurate lid.

Ears look MR too, they sit too low, as the accurate buckets have the ears sitting up closer to the brow trim... can get a bus in the gap on that one..

Good eye guys. It is indeed a modded Master Replica.

Was hoping to throw off more folks with these extreme mods, but nevertheless, thank you for playing:)

I stuck it in the oven till it was soft enough to reshape. I used bondo for the mouth seam and also used bondo to reshape the teardrops. I also reshaped the ears and ear cap.

-----------

---------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

I can't think of anything else to do to fix this bucket. I have three more MR's to experiment on. I could vac some new ears, or use some of my spares, but I wanted an 'out of the box' easy fix.

Oooops!!!! Sorry :( eh, I will see my way out, thanks.

:lol:

if that is your idea of an "out of box" fix then I don't wanna see what you consider hard work:)) You have way too much free time, you should get a hobby:)) Nice work. You plan on trooping with this helmet at some point? And more importantly, I recall you showing us how you can remove the mouth and drink beer while keeping the helmet on. Looks like you sealed it so no more drinking with the helmet on:(

I am Impressed with all the work put into this!

Thanks man. It's a labor of love. A buddy told me that even if I was able to get it screen accurate, it would still be cheaper in work and supplies to get a quality fan made; He's right, I think.

Odd thing about this helmet ; except for the ear cap, he ears fit perfectly inside that of a TE helmet ear.

• 3 weeks later...