TK-2073 Requesting Elite Status.[54][SDS]

Well here goes! :D

Some of these photos are from my clearance pics...

I know about the low biceps, they're sorted in the third pic.

front.jpg

back.jpg

Biceps fixt!:

You can't make them out, but the straps are right at the top of the biceps. The biceps are shimmed but they're not going any higher than that. Seems I have big 'ceps for a trooper. :lol:

biceps-higher.jpg

Butt/kidney split and canvass belt with holster attachment:

butt-kidney-split.jpg

Sides:

left-side.jpg

Biceps fixed after this was taken:

left.jpg

right-side.jpg

Biceps fixed after this was taken:

right.jpg

Thermal Detonator:

Shortened SDS/AA standard - This will get metal clips when I get a working rivet gun - I believe it is clearable as per previous discussions on this board.

thermal-detonator.jpg

Neckseal:

Being replaced by one of Rivetings lovely leather ones soon:

helmet-off-preferred.jpg

Bucket:

SDS 'Battlespec' ANH stunt style/Painted teeth/four holes/Green lenses

helmet.jpg

Blaster:

D-Ring:

blaster-d-ring.jpg

Barrel end and front sight:

blaster-barrel.jpg

Hengstler with TKID and M32A2 scope:

blaster-hengstler-tkid.jpg

Left:

blaster-left.jpg

Right:

blaster-right.jpg

Great looking armor trooper. Looks like an easy pass. One minor tweak, see if you can get the thighs to sit higher, it'll improve the overall look, but has no bearing on your elite app.

I agree, but for the sake of clarity, can I get a better pic of the blasters mag side so we can see the t-track? I am sure it is there, but I want to make sure we can all see it.

I also agree with Terrell that the left thigh should come up about 1/2" to 1" or so, but has no bearing on the app.

Get me an updated blaster pic and we should be all set,

Now to head off and figure out where to assign you to.............. B) <_< B)

I will endeavour to ram that thigh up a bit! :lol:

WHAT THE?????

Oh, the thigh, I get it, sorry, I thought you said something else.

Well done trooper. Very nice kit, and Elite status approved.

Please report to to deck 5, near the hanger bays. A couple of troopers are walking some huge hairy "thing" around, and I am just not sure they can handle him. In case he gets loose, feel free to fire at will!!!

:trooper:

Armoured Tagline :Trapped in Time, surrounded by evil, low on armor.

Original Movie :Army of Darkness

Original Tagline :Trapped in Time, surrounded by evil, low on Gas

AWESOME!!!!!

Thanks Scott!!! :D :D :D

On my way to deck 5.

Anybody got a set of binders!?

Way to go Aaron! Actually the low biceps are fine, and you can see this detail on the Tantive raid. Congrats brother - the suit looks awesome and this pint is for you :

:pint1:

7 in the UKG? I do believe that's a garrison record :)

Thanks guys! To think, I didn't even know about Elite status until early December '08. :lol: :lol: :lol:

:peace: :peace: Massive thanks to Colin; he's the reason I'm here. I owe you, brother! :peace: :peace:

I can't say I'm the first Elite in Scotland (that well deserved honour goes to my brother trooper, Colin), or even Fife (Colin is in Fife too, damnit! ;)), so I'll have to settle for first Elite in Kirkcaldy. :lol:

The left thigh seems to be an issue with SDS armour, mine was the same and had to be shimmed 20mm bigger than the right to get the to sit equal. My back kept riding off the top of the kidney plate aswell, dont know if these are also smaller than other brands of armour. I fixed mine by adding poppers to the inside of the lower back and top of kidney plate and then held the pieces together with 1" webbing to hold it together. I also did this to the abb and chest plate on mine

Well done with your Elite staus mate, congrats :) Feels good dont it :)

I also think the suit looks better with low biceps, troopers always seem to like hiding them under their shoulder bells for some reason which doesnt have the right look to me.

Thanks Marcel, I'm on top of the world! :D

+ For the higher biceps is they are far comfier and don't get caught on the lip of my shoulder bells.

I agree with Pablo and Mark; looks wise, I prefer the lower biceps. Less black showing is good!

I guess I could put a further popper plate inside the biceps, halfway between where they are now and the point that AA puts them, so that they're lower, but not catching on the shoulder bell lip (which helps with the slightly flared shoulder bell look, I really like). :)

Terrell, I may have to get the kit on again to take some softer photos, the light was going when we took the clearance shots! :lol: