Requesting ANH Elite Status - TK8847 DSG

Greetings All,

I am a member of the Dune Sea Garrison and would like to submit my photos for consideration to obtain Elite Status with the First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment - FISD in accordance with the ANH Configuration.

Photos Posted Here --------> http://www.TK8847.com

Thank you in advance!

Todd

Looking good mate :)

I think Scott, Terrell and Paul will ask you to post or link the pictures on here so

everyone can see them.

Here's a couple of things that I noticed.

2 x Additional T-Track needed on blaster

IMG_3202.jpg

IMG_3204.jpg

Also just noticed no 'D' ring :(

Belt details

IMG_3163.jpg

IMG_2823.jpg

The only rivets showing on the belt should be for the holster attachment.

The Ammo section should really be attatched on to the belt with no rivets showing.

(and not the other way around)

with one cap cover at either end and one in the center

heres an example

BillhagAbbButtons2.jpg

BillhagHolster-Dropboxes1.jpg

Helmet details

IMG_3168.jpg

You should have some shots showing details of front, sides & back so that the correct

paint details can be seen in the traps,the Aerators,and that all screw heads are painted white.

Also, not forgetting a shot of the green lenses.

Butt / Kidney section split

IMG_3174.jpgIMG_3173.jpg

You might want to take a clear shot of this as you can only see it a little bit on your

side shots

Other then those little bits, its looking bloody good mate :)

Hopefully have you joining the Elite in no time B)

Yep i think bill got all the details in that i noticed..

Added t track and d ring for blaster.

And the belt set up is all wrong..

Get those fixed and i think you will be set for elite as everything else looks okay to me.

Man, you all make my job way too easy!!! Maybe we will need to do DO by committee next year? :lol:

Anyways, yeas please post your pics here, as they help others who will look at your submission in the future and see what an amazing example of a TK you are!!

Also, there should be a total of three round caps on the belt. One in the center, and one on each end, as seen in the example pics. These were used to hide the snaps that were installed on the original suits that held the belt to the suit.

Here is a link to a good pic of that==> Snaps for the belt pic

Keep up the good work, and I look forward to seeing your updates soon.

Heck, maybe we will get to meet in person next week for the Fiesta Bowl parade????

Thank you all for the comments and suggestions. Now I know why they call you guys Elite!

Here are the photos from my website; sorry about posting them directly on my site, I thought it would give everyone an easy way to view them. I stand corrected, but had to post them on multiple POSTINGS because there is a photo limit. Anyway - here they are:

IMG_3173.jpg

IMG_3175.jpg

IMG_3174.jpg

IMG_3176.jpg

IMG_2838.jpg

IMG_2823.jpg

IMG_3164.jpg

IMG_3188.jpg

IMG_3193.jpg

IMG_3201.jpg

:::::: continued next posting :::::::

:::: continued ::::

IMG_3202.jpg

IMG_3204.jpg

IMG_3207.jpg

IMG_3210.jpg

IMG_3211.jpg

IMG_3212.jpg

IMG_3163.jpg

IMG_2841.jpg

IMG_2928.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was going to get started on fixing some of the things mentioned in the comments, and then I noticed that I'm being asked to fix some things that are not listed as Elite Standards. Most noticeably, Elite Standards indicated, "Belt should be canvas or canvas covered, approximately 3" wide." Mine is canvas covered. I realize now after having my belt compared to another belt in this POSTING that my belt has the wrong look because of the rivets and "extra button" in the front, but I think that “CANVAS COVERED” is permitted according to the Standards. Can I get some clarification on this in the event I get a new ammo belt and want to cover it with canvas?

IMG_2841.jpg

:::: continued next posting ::::

::: continued :::

In regard to my ammo belt, I appreciate the photos showing the difference between mine and the one depicted. I only wish the Elite Standards specified in more detail what was expected or acceptable. I have two buttons in the front to cover the rivets that I used to help make my belt attachment more secure and now I cannot undo that error. I looked through the Standards again and still can't find anything specified regarding the number of buttons - front and side that are permitted. However, I realize that some things are just left up to the group moderators to decide.

IMG_2823.jpg

Unfortunately, my armor is high quality and very high gloss, and not at all like the FX or AP kits out there (nothing wrong with them, the ABS from these kits just won't match mine for a quick ammo belt swap). I will have to order another ammo belt from England to get the ABS to match the color correctly. It looks like my mistake in trying to make my ammo pouches and belt more durable by adding an extra rivet in the front and covering it with a added button "may" have cost me my Elite Status. Live & Learn...

Great catches on my E-11 Blaster. Both errors were oversights on my part - thank you!!

Anyone know where I can get 2 extra T-Tracks and how do they fit on a Hasbro/Resin Mod version Blaster? Also, does anyone have a photo of the D-Ring for the Blaster, I'm sure I can get one of those at Home Depot or something? Thanks in advance!!

My helmet is completely within the Standards and I have added photos to show this. I should have provided close-ups to begin with, but thought that everyone knew SDS Helmets have green eyes and meet the standards. (i.e. traps, the Aerators, and that all screw heads are painted white) My lenses are green. I have thick plastic green custom shaped lenses permanently mounted and then the cheap, thin acetate green taped in for daytime use to make them darker as needed. (More Photos on my website) http://www.TK8847.com

IMG_3211.jpg

My kidney/back pieces are separate and in fact have rolled-edge detail like all of the pieces to my armor. It is a very nice and clean look that you don't typically see. Thanks for pointing out that this separation was not shown in detail in any of my original photos - I took a quick photo to show that they are separate pieces.

kidney-back.jpg

I must say that I'm disappointed to learn that a couple of my mistakes pointed out cannot be changed, mainly my belt. I read the "Standards" very carefully and I'm even more disappointed to learn that some of the Standards required are not listed, but yet are required.

However, don't count me out yet - I can certainly fix the blaster fairly easliy, and the rest of your concerns are answered with more detailed photos shown on my website. (More Photos on my website) http://www.TK8847.com However, my ammo belt is another story. I do have a full canvas belt (like someone added to my POSTING) that I could attach to my current ammo belt, but if you won't allow the "two buttons" in the front - then I will be wasting my time with the modification to my current belt.

I will wait for a reply before contacting Mr. Ainsworth in England for a new ammo belt. As many of you know he cannot ship to the United States because George Lucas is suing him for using the original molds from 1977 in his current helmet sales. I jumped through a plethora of hoops just to get his armor and original SW molded helmets. So, getting another belt from him might not be worth going through that trouble all over again because of my two buttons in front. Unless someone has another other idea to help me out?

Please let me know.

Thank you to all who have posted their comments.

Your attention to detail is certainly worthy of your title as Elite Stormtroopers!

Happy Holidays -

Todd,

Thanks for posting up the pics in the thread.

In regards to many of your concerns, I will say that the idea here is to get the troopers who achieve Elite Status to look like they walked off the screen. Now we wll know there are some things we cannot address (like being 240lbs or being 6'3" or even 5' 2").

However, we are continuing to refine and edit the standards, a few of the ones you are referring to are not listed as they just have never come up before.

Your belt is a perfect example. At no point in any assembly pics or instructions is it suggested to attach the belt strap to the outside of the from belt box. The belt ALWAYS goes behind, and the round snap/rivet cover goes on each side, and one in the middle.

If we can find a screen cap of multiple troopers with that belt configuration, we would be forced to make an adjustment. but I have never seen one. Also, the belt shoudl be more narrow that the front belt, and again that is why it says 2 1/2" to 3" wide, because of the differences in belt sizes, but I would say the canvas covered section is too wide.

Keep in mind this is a process, and may of us have had to go through many alterations to get the Elite moniker. I use myself as an example, as it felt like it took me forever to get there, but I am glad I did the work I did, because it has made every costume I have done since that much better.

Very few hit it out of the park on their first try, let alone your first ever post on the FISD.

So, don't be discouraged. Look through some of the other Elite submission threads and see what has been asked of others. Hopefully you will see it is all about setting the bar high, and making the TK Elites look just like those that were on screen in 1977. I know most casual observers will not notice the difference, but you will.

Finally, I have some extra T-Track and I believe I also have a D-Ring (if not, you can get them at Jo-Ann;s or any fabric store). PM me your address and I will send you the track, or maybe I can bring it with me next week!!!!!!

Keep the pics and updates coming!!!!

:trooper:

Scott is 100% correct in what he said.

A few things to keep in mind are, people always make suggestions to improve armor in elite application threads. It's not malicious, it's just suggestions to go above and beyond the above and beyond. If you encounter requirements that are being asked for that are not listed in the elite requirements page, please post what they are.

Also noting is permanent. What kind of glue did you use on the extra button in the middle (chances are it can be removed). As far has the rest of the belt, you can drill out the rivets, move the pieces behind the TK belt and re-rivet and paint the heads white. Of course don't forget to use rivet washers too, they will make sure they stay in place.

One last comment, if you need a replacement belt, most armorers sell parts. Contact TE2, AP, etc if you need a replacement one with no hassle. Otherwise I'm sure you can find someone in the Legion to middle man you a belt from AA.

Gentlemen,

Just so we're clear, I expected some comments and read my posting again and see that I may have sounded a little bent with some of the comments. However, I can assure you that is NOT the case. The guys who posted were just trying to help me - I realize that.

Most of my disappointment is in myself for not posting more specific photos of my helmet and kidney/back areas to show that I was within standards - I SHOULD HAVE posted them to begin with to avoid the comments.

MY BELT is the wrong set up - I know that. It actually broke and the one depicted was my repair job, plus some reinforcement to make it more durable. I was merely hoping that it would be accepted. I tried to make it as clean looking as possible after the damage was sustained to "try" and get it through Elite Standards. I know, I know, "nice try..." point taken

HOWEVER - The only comment that I could use some clarification on regarding requirements that are being asked of me that are not listed in the elite requirements page is the belt being canvas covered. The Standards say "canvas or canvas covered" are acceptable. Does this mean WHEN I RE-DO mine, can I use a piece of plastic (3 inches wide) and cover it with canvas as I did before or does it need to be entirely canvas? I will fix the rivets showing, and the buttons, but wanted to cover plastic with canvas - if I could. Someone said it HAD to be canvas.

I'm assuming that my last posting sounded somewhat defensive - if it did, I apologize. I know everyone who commented was just trying to help. Thanks for getting me straight on my shortcomings guys.

I sent AA an email for another ammo belt section to see if he has one in stock and then I will try to find someone within the Garrison to help me get it to the states.

As I said before - Don't count me out yet... I will get to work on my fixes.

You guys are Elite and the standards are what they are - my belt is a good example of "unacceptable".

Happy New Year and be safe!

Canvas covered is acceptable. The goal of Elite was never to be 100% movie accurate but instead to clarify, refine, and elevate many of the details that are not in the 501st requirements, with requirements that are readily achievable (IMHO we're easier and cheaper to get than MEPD Police Officer or Lancer status). At the we thought canvas covered would be fine as it may be an easier upgrade for all the FX folks, never realizing that everyone until now just opts to get a canvas belt from the start.

Actually I think a canvas covered belt is fine - the argument isn't against the belt but how it's rigged, but I can see how since everyone else has just opted for canvas in the past there may be a need to remove the "canvas covered" (though it will not affect your application).

I can understand the frustration with the belt but looking at the past 47 submissions this is a comparatively minor nit. Also, given the number of UKG folks on this board I'm sure someone can procure you and forward on an SDS belt if needed, though as mentioned getting one from TE2 or AP would be fine as well.

You're so close brother! Just that and the blaster and you are golden.

Afiak replacment ammo belt from AA is in the region of £130 ?? anyone clarify? A bit on the expensive side for a quick replacement.

Maybe cheaper to get one from AP or TE2 and keep this original set up too..

His prices for replacements are mental. As Mark says, you're probably better off getting and AP/TE2 belt front and getting a canvas belt to back it from one of the several guys on this very forum. ;)

Thank you for the info - yes, the AA is about $200, but I want my ammo belt to match my armor perfectly in color and look. Unfortunately, I'm very particular- just like most of you in this group. I guess that's why we strive to be Elite.

I already purchased a completely canvas belt from another trooper, which looks like an original movie prop. So, all I need now is my D-ring and my new ammo belt from AA. I think that I have a contact already set up to pick up my ammo belt in UK and ship it to the states for me. I also found someone nice enough to offer me a D-Ring for my blaster. The guys here at FISD really came through for me - thanks a million!

The price for the AA ammo belt is for the whole thing as far as I am aware, tell him you just want the ammo section and not the belt and drop boxes and sholud be alot cheaper. I cant see that being a prob if you already own the whole AA kit ;)

Todd-

I modded a SDS belt, too, and know exactly the dilemma you are facing. By the time i got around to modding mine, he was no longer selling to the states due to the LFL litigation, so I was unable to simply buy a new belt very easily and knew I had to proceed with extreme caution!

This is how I ended up modding mine. I simply trimmed away the abs belt along the line of the front ammo belt, then used threaded posts and ind. strength velcro to attach the canvas belt. Worked like a charm.

d84a7a13.jpg

b30fad33.jpg

aeabaa4a.jpg

5349ed46.jpg

fd3650ce.jpg

Thanks Marcel - I agree that AA should be able to just sell me the ammo portion with the three buttons. I sent him an email today and I'm waiting for a reply.

Scott - thanks for the photos regarding your SDS mod. It looks awesome, wish I had run into you before modding mine way beyond repair for Elite Standards.

Unfortunately, I trimmed too much off the sides and no longer have the side buttons, and I had to use one of the side buttons to put in front to cover an additional rivet I added. Hence my trouble, because now I have two buttons in front and if I remove one, I'll have a whole there. I don't mind paying AA for another ammo portion of a belt. Thanks again for offering a solution.

So Todd,

Do you want me to bring the T-Track and D-ring to Phoenix?

Leaving Wednesday night, and I will be happy to throw it in the armor bin!!!!

Thank you for the info - yes, the AA is about $200, but I want my ammo belt to match my armor perfectly in color and look. Unfortunately, I'm very particular- just like most of you in this group. I guess that's why we strive to be Elite.

I already purchased a completely canvas belt from another trooper, which looks like an original movie prop. So, all I need now is my D-ring and my new ammo belt from AA. I think that I have a contact already set up to pick up my ammo belt in UK and ship it to the states for me. I also found someone nice enough to offer me a D-Ring for my blaster. The guys here at FISD really came through for me - thanks a million!

alot of the original armor was mismatched in the original films ;)