Greetings from Paris, Arkansas

Hello!

My name is Jason, I am 48-years-old, and I just started trooping.  I am a huge fan of Star Wars since A New Hope so I have chosen a stunt stormtrooper as my first costume.  That opening battle aboard the Tantive IV is forever imprinted on my mind.  My father was in the U. S. Air Force and we were stationed in Sembach, Germany, when I was very young.  Even though I was born in 1975, it took years for A New Hope to make it to the theater on our base in Sembach so I got to see it as a young child in the theater.

I ordered my costume from Dave's Darkside Depot and received it in January.  I have joined the 501st Legion and received my Legion ID (21137).  I have joined the Diamond Garrison in Arkansas and attended my first troop this past Sunday for a Make A Wish fundraiser and had a great time.  I look forward to being a productive member of our garrison, our local squad (the Womp Rat Pack Squad), and these forums.  Thanks!

Edited by jwmassey
  • Like 7

Welcome to FISD Jason!

We also have two optional levels for costume accuracy, Expert Infantry and Centurion.

These links give you more information about those programs that might interest you.

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/95-expert-infantry-program/

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/66-fisd-centurion-program/

Once again, welcome aboard.

Congratulations on becoming a Stormtrooper Jason! How excited are you? :peace::th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

When you say first, what other costumes do you have in mind? :rolleyes:

Congratulations and welcome!!!

Awesome that you have already attended your first troop!

If you haven't already, I highly recommend making a troop log to show off your awesome trooping photos and tell us about the fun adventures you are having! Here's more information: 

Welcome, Jason, and congrats on your recent approval! An excellent choice you made with an AM kit from Dave, and I'm right there with you regarding the Tantive IV boarding scene. That introduction of TKs was the start of my love affair with them.

Once you receive trooper status here on the forum (processing can take several days) you'll then have access to more areas of the forum. And perhaps we'll see you submit for Expert Infantry at some point in the future? :salute:

Thanks for your responses! One of the posters asked if there was any other costumes I am thinking about and I plan on sticking with the ANH TK for a while. I have a Hasbro E-11 blaster that I painted and added some screws and others things to it so my next big purchase will be a better quality E-11.

i also need to work on my armor some more. I have the complete electronics suite in my helmet but the tips of the outtakes for the fans stick into my checks.  Thankfully, we have a good Garrison and squad so I should be getting some help.

• Like 2

On 3/29/2024 at 4:45 AM, dblcross said:

Did you go with Darkside Dave's helmet fans bracket?

Yes. I went with the complete package on electronics.

• Like 1