Hi and help please

Hi all,

I realise I haven’t done an intro yet. I joined some weeks ago and have done a ANH Stunt WIP which got approved this morning but am now not clear on what I do next. I still don’t have a TK number.

I’d be grateful for any advice!

Thanks,

William

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hello and welcome! When you get approved by your Garrison GML you will get one of the ID's that you chose from the list of available ID's. Then when you get your ID and approved in the legion then you can request access here by posting the link to your 501st record.

If you're unsure about how to find this 501st record, use this link below, replace 12345 with your ID:

https://www.501st.com/members/searchresults.php?searchfield=12345&criteria=tkid

When you have done this you will get promoted to 501st Stormtrooper on the forums and can now enjoy the benefits that this gives you, like being eligible to enter merch runs, FISD competitions and so on.

Next up I'd say would be - TROOPING! :dancing-trooper:Get on your Garrison forum and look up the events page to see which events are in your area (or find the correct Facebook group/chat) and sign up and meet other troopers, and just enjoy being a Stormtrooper that puts smiles on peoples faces! Your GML that approves you can guide you to the right place look for events if you are uncertain, and also invite to any potential Garrison chat!

You could take your forum-game one step further and scour build threads, and help future troopers by sharing your experiences from your own build, or study the intimate details of the armor and maybe one day become a Deployment Officer? If you find that you love helping out on here, you could potentially become an Imperial Attaché and help people take on the same journey as we all have done by bringing new future troopers to our forum! If you have any ideas on anything we are all ears!

If you want you can also take your build one step further and apply for our Expert Infantry program and come one step closer to screen accurate, and join 1060+ others in the march to 1500 approved as Expert Infantry! I've done this myself and for me it was one of the most exciting things I have done in this whole Stormtrooper journey! :trooper:

Let us know if you have any further questions!

• Like 2

One thing that I found was very nice was to go over what all the different roles are in the detachment and what purpose they serve! By going over the "Common FISD Acronyms and TK Glossary". I personally also read all the links that the GML sent me to get some grip of the whole organization (501st Legion) and what it means to be a part of it! :peace:

If you have filled out your paperwork correctly you should receive an approval message from both your GML and the 501st Legion, the legion email will have your TKID on it.

Thank you both for your responses.
I’m not sure if I have been approved by the GML. Is that the next step after being approved by an armourer? If so how do I go about it?
Also, I have filled in the Join Up form but because I was already a member it wouldn’t let me file for a TK number! It kept telling me that my email was already registered.
I got a bit stuck and I thought I was doing so well after getting the armour approved by the armourer!
Not sure where to go next with but really keen to move on to the next step!
Thanks,
William

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Willpentatone said:

Thank you both for your responses.
I’m not sure if I have been approved by the GML. Is that the next step after being approved by an armourer? If so how do I go about it?
Also, I have filled in the Join Up form but because I was already a member it wouldn’t let me file for a TK number! It kept telling me that my email was already registered.
I got a bit stuck and I thought I was doing so well after getting the armour approved by the armourer!
Not sure where to go next with but really keen to move on to the next step!
Thanks,
William

UKG's system is a little different to most other garrisons, have a look on the UKG's forum for instructions on costume approval. For issues with the Join Up Form you would have to contact legion webmaster lwm@501st.com

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Willpentatone said:

Thanks so much. I’ve emailed the webmaster. I’ll also check out the forum about GML approval.
W

Here's a great thread on the normal process, I believe the UKG adds an armorer to theirs prior to GML approval

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Willpentatone said:

Thanks for all your responses! I got clearance this afternoon so really pleased about that. Looking forward to getting out on a troop. Hope to see you on one soon!
William (TK21621)

Congratulations trooper and welcome to the ranks. Once you receive your email from Legion HQ officially welcoming you, head to this thread and request higher forum access and post a link to your membership profile (instructions in first post of that link)

Looking forward to seeing some pics of you at your first troop, safety tip stay hydrated, and see if catch yourself smiling having photos while helmet is on, then realise nobody can see you smile ;) 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Willpentatone said:

Thanks for all your responses! I got clearance this afternoon so really pleased about that. Looking forward to getting out on a troop. Hope to see you on one soon!
William (TK21621)

Congratulations William!! Amazing news, welcome to the ranks trooper! :dancing-trooper: Can't wait to see what our new member looks like suited up! :peace:

• Like 1

Welcome to the FISD William.

Looks like you're not a million miles away so hopefully see you at a troop soon.

If you're interested consider applying for the level 2 (and 3) approvals.  https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/95-expert-infantry-program/