Greetings from Hudson Valley, New York

VMPetrocelli

My name is Vinny, I am 35. I was gifted a anovos (stunt) storm trooper kit! I have been putting off building this kit for some time due to the fear of failing at it. At this point all of my pieces are cut out of the sheets with tin snips. All the pieces do need sanding work. I am just looking for some direction or guidance on my next step now that my armor is separated. If there was an armor party in NY/CT I would happily attend. Any direction is appreciated. MTFBWY.

• Like 2

Hello and welcome aboard.

A great thread on return edges 

Also check out our gallery sections for references  ;) 

Hi Vinny. 
Welcome e to FISD. I think everyone dreads that first cut or taking that return edge down too much and ruining the kit.  My advice, look at references (Glen posted good links above). Read the CRL over and over for the part you are working on.  Once you are comfortable, lightly mark the piece with pencil and if you really are worried, post pics up to have people look at it. There are lots of great people here ready to help.  When trimming, trim a bit less than you think you need just in case, as you can always trim off a bit more but can’t get back if you over trim. 

Make sure to start a build thread, so we can follow your progress and give pointers. Once you get going, it gets easier and easier and the end result will make you feel so incredibly happy. 

Welcome Vinny!

Those links that Glen shared will certainly be helpful to you, and I am especially fond of the Return Edges 101 thread. Joseph puts together some EXCELLENT building tips, many of which I've included in a resource compilation that I'll link to below. Below all the "tips" threads in the write-up you'll find links to some personal armor build threads of other troopers that I've found particularly helpful, including some with Anovos armor. I went ahead and also pasted them below. Tony's thread is particularly EPIC.

ANH Stunt Build Threads (WIPs)

ukswrath (Tony) - ANOVOS (Print PDF by harris.adp)

Harbinger (Brien) - ANOVOS

kman (Kalani) - ANOVOS

Uxorious (Fredrik) - ANOVOS

Rat (Jim) - ANOVOS

We look forward to seeing you start a build thread where we can follow along on your progress!

Hello and welcome Vinny!

The help you'll get here from our people is plenty for you to build an armor at level 3 specs! We answer quickly and are eager to help you out every step of the way!

If you want you could reach out to your Garrison and try to arrange an armor party with them! Usually it is held at someones place like in a garage or studio but I'm sure you could get a few people in on splitting on the costs to rent a place to be for the day! I'm looking at doing that myself actually and it sure is a great way of getting introducted to the community when you are starting out! 

• 1 year later...
On 3/4/2023 at 11:34 PM, VMPetrocelli said:

Thank you all for the links, references & support. Will start a build thread shortly.

A great Anovos build thread to follow