CAP armor/helmet?

I think the search feature is very useful. CAP is Chris aka weiBes who recasted a TE suit (before TE sold the molds). He's cleaned them up a bit and some parts are his own (the belt at least). While an open recaster, I've heard nothing but positives regarding his quality - unlike most recast kit. He sold his old helmet molds to e-chu-ta aka General Veers aka VT.

I think most of the wearers are in the Midwest garrison, or perhaps now the Great Lakes Garrison.

LOL , here we go again,

So aparently Cap is ok then as he has had positive comments on his recasts?

One rule for one another rule for some one else.

So if I recast a set of armor and rework the molds so all the pieces fit together with minimal effort that would be ok?

That is what seems to be the case here. People here seem hell bent on critisizing recasters unless it suits there own criteria/ needs.

I'm not going to get into a arguement about this but it seems to me that there are some very biased opinions about this whole subject.

LOL , here we go again,

So aparently Cap is ok then as he has had positive comments on his recasts?

One rule for one another rule for some one else.

So if I recast a set of armor and rework the molds so all the pieces fit together with minimal effort that would be ok?

That is what seems to be the case here. People here seem hell bent on critisizing recasters unless it suits there own criteria/ needs.

I'm not going to get into a arguement about this but it seems to me that there are some very biased opinions about this whole subject.

This thread and others about recast helmets will not become a recast discussion, the FISD is a place of learning. If you want to talk about recasting please start a new thread. Please do not continue the off topic discussion.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Quoted for truth

Ive built 2 CAP helmets and I'm totally impressed with his quality. He has mad skills with a vacformer enabling him to pull the faceplate in a whopping .125 guage HIPS. No thin spots and never a split under the chin. Such a thick faceplate is not offered by any other helmet maker.

To Play Devils Advocate :mellow:

Could'nt there be threads in the Armor history on the "other makers" sort of a brief vinquette of just the bare facts? so when enquiries with reagrds to this! the Enquirer could just be directed there?

Just a thought :)

I don't condone recasting in any way shape or form But I do champion truthfull unbiased information & it may save the forum from thread's derailing or even being started in the first place.

anything and everything, please.

Ok here it goes,

like Daetrin said before, CAP recasted a set of TE armor from 2005/ reworked the molds to make them vacuum-former friendly.

He made his own belt molds aswell as drop boxes and ab buttons.

The armor is pulled in really thick Styrene plastic. I'm not too sure what gauge it is, but its really sturdy!

He is truly a master of the vacuum-former.

CAP is a TD lover. He has AMAZING TD backpacks and TD ab armor.

CAP has stopped making armor for this year, but next year he might keep it going. His son helps him pull some armor too! They do a fantastic job! Father and son bonding at its best! :D Perhaps his son will take over the CAP name. :)

[if anyone is in the bay area of California, feel free to PM me so you can stop by my house and check out my CAP armor and helmets.]

Just the fact mam, just the facts.

CAP armor is pulled from 80 gauge HIPS, 100 gauge for the face, and 60 gauge for the ears. It's TE recast armor, with a sharpened faceplate that is sharper than TE helmets. The belt, right knee pack, and 4 button strip are scratch built. After handling some TE2 armor, the TE2 is thicker after it's formed, and is a little sharper.