BlueBantha's Tall (6'2") MTK Kit Build

bluebantha

Hey all, my name is Carter (BlueBanthaProps), and although the kit has not been delivered yet, I wanted to create a build thread for my soon to be delivered MTK Kit!

I recently was denied approval to the legion with a WTF Shadow Trooper kit, as it was deemed too small by my GML, although it was built correctly. I wanted to create a thread here so I can get some help along the way, to assure this fits me, and could be applicable for approval!

As mentioned in the title, I'm tall, 6'2", but far from the tallest trooper I've seen. This being the case, Knee and elbow gaps become a problem. On top of this, I have rather broad shoulders, which make the shoulder bells sit farther from the chest than I would like. All things considered, I would however like to attempt a centurion build. I've seen troopers my height make an MTK kit work, but, if I end up having problems, WTF makes extended forearms, and RWA makes extended shins. (This however would be a last resort type thing, as I do believe this kit can fit me)

So, now that I've gotten all of that out of the way, I'm incredibly eager to get excited, and I want to take my time on this one to assure I get everything right. Any guidance, assistance, and tips from the veterans on this forum would be so greatly appreciated!

May the force be with you all!

Hello and welcome aboard looking forward to seeing your BBB photos when your kit arrived.

Generally for the taller broader frame we would recommend an AM kit (Dave's Darkside Depot), but as you've already ordered a MTK may just have to play around with the gaps and strapping and see how you go.

Plenty of folk on the forum ready to assist with your build.

If you haven't already check out this thread, everything you need to know for a Stromtrooper build :D 

• Like 1

Welcome aboard Carter!

You will find no shortage of assistance here, so ask plenty of questions and ch out a few build threads to give you some ideas.

• Like 1

On 9/20/2022 at 5:23 PM, gmrhodes13 said:

Hello and welcome aboard looking forward to seeing your BBB photos when your kit arrived.

Generally for the taller broader frame we would recommend an AM kit (Dave's Darkside Depot), but as you've already ordered a MTK may just have to play around with the gaps and strapping and see how you go.

Plenty of folk on the forum ready to assist with your build.

If you haven't already check out this thread, everything you need to know for a Stromtrooper build :D 

Thanks so much for linking me to that thread, greatly appreciated!

• Like 1