Remnant Stormtrooper CRL Discussion Thread

BigJasoni

UPDATE

Remnant TK weathered version will be its own CRL.

What we can and cant add will follow but we should still follow some of our basic principles else it makes a CRL convoluted and too confusing for GML's, members and DO to follow.

You would assume generally each TK is set up the same, but in this time frame and disjointed after the empire era, it shows that isn't true maybe by intention, maybe not.

What is clear seems to be some had an Anovos helmet where others had R1, that has to be on purpose one would think. I can see that being in a CRL as its pretty easy.

I think a line will need to be drawn on what is most commonly seen like we usually do else this makes for a long CRL with a rather large number of disparities. Not something our members are used to.

We don't have a level like the MEPD which is pick a Sandtrooper from the screen and replicate it, down to the weathering and finer details.

This Remnant TK could actually fit that bill, but we haven't attempted this before nor do we have a level currently to facilitate it.

That bit will go under staff discussion and as always we roll with a vote the democratic way. :)

What I do want, is for this to become a live CRL, but we need one very important factor. A member ready and eager to work with us and build this costume so we have everything we need to complete a CRL.

Most of the writing is complete and its looking pretty good and is all in this thread.

So I put it out to the membership, who wants to be a CRL model for a first in legion costume!!

• Like 1

On 9/12/2023 at 2:12 AM, Sly11 said:

UPDATE

Remnant TK weathered version will be its own CRL.

What we can and cant add will follow but we should still follow some of our basic principles else it makes a CRL convoluted and too confusing for GML's, members and DO to follow.

You would assume generally each TK is set up the same, but in this time frame and disjointed after the empire era, it shows that isn't true maybe by intention, maybe not.

What is clear seems to be some had an Anovos helmet where others had R1, that has to be on purpose one would think. I can see that being in a CRL as its pretty easy.

i think a line will need to be drawn on what is most commonly seen laike we usually do else this makes for a long CRL with a rather large number of disparities. Not something our members are used to.

We don't have a level like the MEPD which is pick a Sandtrooper from the screen and replicate it, down to the weathering and finer details.

This Remnant TK could actually fit that bill, but we haven't attempted this before nor do we have a level currently to facilitate it.

That bit will go under staff discussion and as always we roll with a vote the democratic way. :)

What i do want, is for this to become a live CRL, but we need one very important factor. A member ready and eager to work with us and build this costume so we have everything we need to complete a CRL.

Most of the writing is complete and its looking pretty good and is all in this thread.

So I put it out to the membership, who want to be a CRL model for a first in legion costume!!

I may be wrong, but didn't they PUG in 501st guys for some of the scenes where they needed lots of troopers in season one of The Mandalorian, and wouldn't that mean that you'd have ANH, ESB, or ROTJ armor running around in those scenes as that's what they'd have. which would go to my original question.  Not trying to argue the point to much, I understand there is a standard. However, when we're talking about ANH, ESB, ROTJ and ROTK, the standard is meant to keep members from doing mismatched combinations of the armor which for the purpose of this conversation  that's perfectly understandable.

In regards to Remnant troopers... If, we apply the existing standard that the armor must be standardized to the movie that it is intended to be from, no mixing parts except where there is screen evidence to justify it, then the only changes are the weathering of that armor and the weapons allowed to be carried.

Having served in the military, I know from experience, the military just doesn't care. I was issued a M1 steel pot well after Kevlar was the standard Issue helmet, and a Vietnam Era M-16 well after the M-16A2 was standard issue. This is by no means a new phenomenon, numerous photographs show Marines in WWII wearing a hodgepodge of web gear that was WWI and WWII issue.  A cartridge belt is a cartridge belt, if it is serviceable, they'd issue it.  I highly doubt the empire would be any different in regards to field gear. There are exceptions, just like the modern military, they'd care a lot about "Class A" Dress uniforms. If you're gonna be standing in formation in front of Lord Vader, you better be squared away.  If you're stationed on some backwater like Tatooine, where you're on the far end of the supply chain or humping it in the field only the most ate up of officers is gonna care whether the helmet matches the armor. Your issued a new helmet, It's serviceable, you put it on and get back on patrol regardless of whether it's a different model number from your armor.

Just my two cents on the matter, like I said, I served in the military and have spent the last twenty years doing historical reenacting with various museums around the state of Texas. I have impressions dating from War of 1812 up to Vietnam War, so this is speaking from my experience.  

Edit; Just found it... 501st members in The Mandalorian.   https://www.slashfilm.com/565667/501st-in-the-mandalorian/

intro-import.webp

Edited by BaylorBear
clarity
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BaylorBear said:

I may be wrong, but didn't they PUG in 501st guys for some of the scenes where they needed lots of troopers in season one of The Mandalorian, and wouldn't that mean that you'd have ANH, ESB, or ROTJ armor running around in those scenes as that's what they'd have. which would go to my original question.  Not trying to argue the point to much, I understand there is a standard. However, when we're talking about ANH, ESB, ROTJ and ROTK, the standard is meant to keep members from doing mismatched combinations of the armor which for the purpose of this conversation  that's perfectly understandable.

In regards to Remnant troopers... If, we apply the existing standard that the armor must be standardized to the movie that it is intended to be from, no mixing parts except where there is screen evidence to justify it, then the only changes are the weathering of that armor and the weapons allowed to be carried.

Having served in the military, I know from experience, the military just doesn't care. I was issued a M1 steel pot well after Kevlar was the standard Issue helmet, and a Vietnam Era M-16 well after the M-16A2 was standard issue. This is by no means a new phenomenon, numerous photographs show Marines in WWII wearing a hodgepodge of web gear that was WWI and WWII issue.  A cartridge belt is a cartridge belt, if it is serviceable, they'd issue it.  I highly doubt the empire would be any different in regards to field gear. There are exceptions, just like the modern military, they'd care a lot about "Class A" Dress uniforms. If you're gonna be standing in formation in front of Lord Vader, you better be squared away.  If you're stationed on some backwater like Tatooine, where you're on the far end of the supply chain or humping it in the field only the most ate up of officers is gonna care whether the helmet matches the armor. Your issued a new helmet, It's serviceable, you put it on and get back on patrol regardless of whether it's a different model number from your armor.

Just my two cents on the matter, like I said, I served in the military and have spent the last twenty years doing historical reenacting with various museums around the state of Texas. I have impressions dating from War of 1812 up to Vietnam War, so this is speaking from my experience.  

Edit; Just found it... 501st members in The Mandalorian.   https://www.slashfilm.com/565667/501st-in-the-mandalorian/

Long discussions on this one in the past, the 501st members were seen as extras and not front/main characters as such only the amror made for the actual show is taken for the CRL. Some 501st members also appeared in Obiwan

Remnant Stormtroopers all wore Rogue One era armor.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Long discussions on this one in the past, the 501st members were seen as extras and not front/main characters as such only the amror made for the actual show is taken for the CRL. Some 501st members also appeared in Obiwan

Remnant Stormtroopers all wore Rogue One era armor.

Fair enough... Out of curiosity, Would you happen to know what are the differences between the OT armor and the ROTK armor, and are there any points of commonality.  

Just now, BaylorBear said:

Fair enough... Out of curiosity, Would you happen to know what are the differences between the OT armor and the ROTK armor, and are there any points of commonality.  

Quite a lot is different, this thread should be of help 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Another detail, we see a lot more troopers with cast/resin E-11's, this is the same with the Kenobi, Ahsoka series

Filled scope rail

289584780_574045561045493_4279225353458865014_n.thumb.jpg.7193f2b2bd7cc2077899c4a665f959da.jpg

ObiWan TK-8.JPG

STL239671.jpg

large.obi-wan-kenobi1x03_1439.jpg.3fc37b

Open scope rail

belt.png

arm2.jpg.69a5a38cb692d05483883938a3ec4f40.thumb.jpg.8beac103af9f604d365660e78b1d00de.jpg

Both should be acceptable all the way to L3

• Like 2