New trooper UK (plymouth) based

Millssy

Hi Folks,

Just about to start my first ever attempt at anything like this, been wanting to do it since i was knee high to a grasshopper but never had the time.

Im now 37 and about to start a Captain Rex phase 2 costume.

I do have a spinal injury so struggle to stand unassisted but i was planning on making a reinforced DC15A rifle to use in place of my walking stick without looking out of place.

ill appologies now if i bombaed the forum with questions but fingers crossed i manage to work the search function properly and find the answers myself :)

Hi Pete, welcome to FISD.

Glad to read you're on the way of making a dream come true .

Even though we specialize in White Shining Stormtroopers, I'm sure there's always someone that can help.

For Captain Rex and Clone Troopers relative info, you may want to check in the Clone Troopers Forum also.

https://501stclonetroopers.com/forum/   

Good luck with your project. :salute:

27 minutes ago, TKSpartan said:

Hi Pete, welcome to FISD.

Glad to read you're on the way of making a dream come true .

Even though we specialize in White Shining Stormtroopers, I'm sure there's always someone that can help.

For Captain Rex and Clone Troopers relative info, you may want to check in the Clone Troopers Forum also.

https://501stclonetroopers.com/forum/   

Good luck with your project. :salute:

Thanks,

Cap rex was only chosen because my son wanted kept asking me to start with rex. 

Next build will be an original version for my father who has been pestering me to make him one since I first started making small props. 

Welcome aboard, Millssy.

I’m not familiar with that costume, (I’m an old school Original Trilogy guy), but I’m sure there are some knowledgable folks ready to help you.

As you’re in the UK, head over to www.ukgarrison.co.uk and sign up to the forum. The team will be happy to guide your through your build and get you ready for clearance.

Best wishes
Dan /CableGuy

Hi Millssy,

I am also a member of the Clone Trooper Detachment. I have both phase I & phase II Rex animated costumes.

There is also Rex - Cold Weather costume, which is mainly a soft costume with a few armour pieces.

https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:CC_CW-animated_rex_coldweather

bfe993195f0869eabdecf2c98db129e6.jpg

This may be a better option for you, as when you may need to rest you will be able to sit down. Whereas, in clone armour it’s a bit of a mission.

Happy to give any assistance I’m able to.

Cheers from New Zealand.
The name’s Rex, but call me Phil

Hi Pete,

Welcome to the forum.

As Dan has said, get yourself signed up on the UKG forum too. As well getting help with your build it's there that you'll find out about local troops.

Good luck with it mate :salute: