Back Plate Question.

Eagle

Hi, my body armor is done, I'm almost ready to take approval photos in fact. But I had a question. Currently my backplate overlaps the kidney plate for two reasons. First it overlaps in the CRL. Second my backplate has a curve that makes it impossible for it to sit flush against the kidney plate. So my question is is overlap ok for EIB and Centurion. I know is ok for basic. Thanks!

13 minutes ago, TheEagle said:

So my question is is overlap ok for EIB and Centurion. I know is ok for basic. Thanks!

Hi Thomas, As per the Crl States:

OPTIONAL Level three certification (if applicable):
Back plate shall have no, or minimal overlap of the kidney plate.

High level approval will depends on how much overlap your back plate / kidney has.

Posting a photo would help us to give you a better response.

Cheers  :salute:

Whilst the CRL images are a loose guide, your best reference material is screen shots of real troopers; https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/gallery/

As below, ideally the two parts will sit nicely together with no overlap;

0779488eb9d6588be413faa0ff225644.jpg

69fbbe63943ec7c9f22b79b90ba56fc3.jpg

If you have pictures of where you’re at, we’ll do what we can to get you looking spot on. :-)

• Like 1

Hi, thank for the photo.

From my point of view , What I would do is 2 options:

1 Option - Try to raise up the back plate a little  more by  shrinking the white strap conecction and trimming the neck section  to allow the Back plate to level up

-------------

2 Option : This is the most challenging I think. It's trimming the Kidney's lower section and tray to make an little return edge with and iron

----------

Hope this can help. cheers  

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

I might do option 2. 

Before you cut, I’d suggest photos from all round. Trimming the lower edge of the back plate is very uncommon. Hopefully we can find a better solution for you. :-)
  • Like 1

Thanks guys! But it's not over yet! Still need to make some modifications to get EIB and Cen. Off topic for this post but I noticed some tks cut v shapes into the back of their calves to improve mobility. If I were to do this would it affect l2 or l3 approval? Thanks!

Way to go Thomas!  :salute:  Yes, mobility cuts are perfectly acceptable at all levels as they were seen quite a lot onscreen.  Just make SURE not to cut beyond the top part of the ridge on the thighs or bottom part of the ridge on the calves.

ypz2U25.jpg?1  8d5xESW.jpg?1 M8hwhLW.jpg?1

• Like 1