Full helmet padding

I get a news letter from Fenixprops once a month and there new stormtrooper helmet padding cought my eye.There are two versions available.

One is for lids that have a hard hat linner already in,the other is for a clean inner lid.This means they have done there homework on this .

I have ordered one and will post a full review when it hits my door on size and quality etc. I own several makers helmets so will be able to give a broad outlook to how it fits in these lids.

Im not sure if this will work for all you guys ,the first thing that springs to mind is a heat issue but thats why we fit fans in our lids.

pad1.jpg

Im not sure of the helmet shown in the picture.The padding is shown inside out on some of the shots.

heres the link direct to FENIXPROPS for some trooper shopping.

I have used them in the past for a clone trooper helmet upgrade set and found the service and quality of product to be very good.

I will be interested in your review of the product. I saw it on ebay and had questions about its use, especially in the heat. It ought to be warm in chilly weather, but here when the temperatures get over 100 degrees, I had concerns.

There not all that hot. I have a set in my Vader, and trust me, Thats a hot costume.

TK is nuthin to Vader.

My only thing is that the fan placement will be tricky in a full padded lid. Might have to mod it to allow for the fans.

I like it. Will make a lid look great.

My god that looks hot.

Ive yet to see a better alternative than the batting helmet padding ripped out of a $6 T ball helmet.

Looking forward to your review!

I bought a T ball helmet from WalMart and removed the padding from it. When I test fit it in my MRCE helmet, the helmet won't stay put on my head - it keeps popping up. My head is not really large at all. Is there a trick to this, or something I'm mising?

I bought a T ball helmet from WalMart and removed the padding from it. When I test fit it in my MRCE helmet, the helmet won't stay put on my head -it keeps popping up. My head is not really large at all. Is there a trick to this, or something I'm mising?

James

I had the same problem mate, but it fitted just fine after the hair cut :D

10582.jpg

Sorry mate, couldn't resist it :lol: ,

You could try triming off some of the padding from the backs of the pads until it sits right.

That should do the trick :)

I don't think it will be as hot as people imagine, but more like a motorcycle helmet. Plus I think it will help to keep the condensation down, so it might help keep lens fogging to a minimum since there won't be a layer of hot air between me and my bucket.

People who wear the FX helmets have so much room they could put box fans and AC units in their lids, but for correctly sized helmets this might be a good alterative. I just ordered one today to give it a try.

Hi,

I'm a completely new member. Just got a MR CE helmet and since I don't have a huge head it moves all over the place so was thinking of ripping out the standard foam and putting something else in. This caught my eye bu apart from this product, does anybody else know of a place online that you can order self adhesive padding? I have a Vader Supreme helmet and something like the padding in there I was thinking of like the pic below?

Thanks

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Where/How are you supposed to fit the fans, you'l have to cut holes in the padding for the air flow.

It would probably be alright as a static display for could you imagine Trooping it..one way to find what a Roast Turkey feels like

DISPLAY -:duim: TROOPING- :duimomlaag:

Where/How are you supposed to fit the fans, you'l have to cut holes in the padding for the air flow.

It would probably be alright as a static display for could you imagine Trooping it..one way to find what a Roast Turkey feels like

DISPLAY -:duim: TROOPING- :duimomlaag:

You are right it would be hot as hell in there. Mine is more for display really but then again if display i guess I don't need the padding after all.

I don't think it will be as hot as people imagine, but more like a motorcycle helmet. Plus I think it will help to keep the condensation down, so it might help keep lens fogging to a minimum since there won't be a layer of hot air between me and my bucket.

People who wear the FX helmets have so much room they could put box fans and AC units in their lids, but for correctly sized helmets this might be a good alterative. I just ordered one today to give it a try.

I agree with Bryce. However, it looks like it is made to fit in an FX lid.

FYI I emailed the maker of these, and he confirmed that they are designed to fit FX helmets. He also told me that he thought it should fit the MRCE just fine, even though he hasn't actually tried it. My FX is quite a bit larger than my MRCE, so I have my doubts.

Can't wait until Peter gets his, so we can get a review.

I love how so many can have an opinion without trying it on. :rolleyes: The man was doing a review.

Like I said before, there not all that hot. I have a set in Vader and I have had a set in my TR and the foam actualy hepls to absorb the sweat a little. You will have to wash it after a time, thats the only flaw I see. I attach it with velcro so it comes out. Loop side to the helmet, Pile to the foam. The pad on top is a plus, it comes out with velcro.

I still think though a painted and padded TK is better looking, but this is a good meathod as well.

Ill take some pics. I like mine, it needs mods for fans and like everything else, skill in making it look right. I would venture to say that it would be better for fiberglass lids, for there harder on the face if you know what I mean...

Yeah, i have an impressivly tiny head and live in a fairly cool climate so i think this padding looks right for me.....but not too sure if it will fit an MRCE bucket :S i'd hate to get it and have it not even fit the helmet. But i am hoping for the best and probably ordering soon

~Brad

• 2 months later...
Did the full helmet padding ever come in? I'm extremely curious how it fits, even though I've already put T-ball helmet padding in my MRCE.

i did end up getting it, it most definitly is designed for FX and was extremely hard to fit in properly soooo i ended up gutting it and making it fit how i wanted.... and now i love it :P i even used a piece of the scraps i cut off for a nose cushion. I'll take some pics and post them up sometime soon!