Chest and Back return edges

For the chest and back are the return edges removed? It looks like they are in most of the photos I have looked at but can't really find any ware that says yes. Also is there a rule of thumb on the distance between the chest and back on the shoulders? mine are almost touching and I think I may need to trim some off.

3 hours ago, Keith Henkel said:

For the chest and back are the return edges removed? It looks like they are in most of the photos I have looked at but can't really find any ware that says yes. Also is there a rule of thumb on the distance between the chest and back on the shoulders? mine are almost touching and I think I may need to trim some off.

Return edges give the illusion of armor thickness which is not a requirement anywhere except for the sniper knee. As Mathias mentioned the galley section has quite a few reference photos. If you have further questions please let us know.  

How do you intend to strap your armour?
If using the bracket system as the originals did, you will need to leave some return edge at the bottom of the chest and back pieces, as well as the top and bottom of the kidney plate and top of the ab and butt plates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Keith Henkel said:

Hi, Keith,  What I would suggest is "Fit first, Cut Later" once you test your armor with your inner black clothes.  What I did  is let a little return edge and cut as needed .

wfreUeQymk8uqgXCKyWgj6i3BZQxkef8RKpMiUlL

And for the distance betwen chest and back there's not a rule but certainly they  don't touch each other.

Hope this can help.

Being a little on the thin side I left a lot of return edges, I prefer the thicker look but a lot like no returns, a personal preference.\

There are a lot of great references in the Gallery section so head there if you get stuck ;) 

I'm using webbing, snaps and Velcro for the assembly. TKSpartan thanks for the photos I think they will be a big help with finishing up my chest and back plate. One thigh, my belt, chest and back plate and I think I'm ready to suit up and see if I can get approval. I can see a light at the end of the tunnel. I was starting to think I would never get here. Hopeful have everything finished in the next week or two.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keith Henkel said:

I was starting to think I would never get here. Hopeful have everything finished in the next week or two.

There's no way back trooper !!!  Go ahead and finish this fight !!!  We'll waiting for you at the ranks.  :Stormtrooper_walk_south::salute: