oMrDFbF.jpg

Kidney Notch Detail

tw45NqX.jpg

Shoulder Strap Detail

ykBBgC3.jpg

Shoulder Attachment Detail

Edited by theblueslime
  • Like 1

Sorry for the obnoxious Photobucket watermarks. Will work on getting these updated to another hosting service.

Edit: Photo hosting updated, no more watermarks!

Edited by theblueslime

Nice work over all, a couple fitting tweaks you could address to top off the build.

Helmet seems to be sitting quite high could you reduce the padding?

Paint at top of vocoder looks to have gone a little too far.

In some of your photos the belt belts don’t appear to line up with the end of the belt, you could add a dab of E6000 to the straps to hold them in position.

Thighs could come up a little, there’s a large gap around them.

Belt in back photo not sitting straight.

Good luck with approval.

Thanks for the feedback! I think where the helmet sits may partially be the angle the photos were taken at, but I did just add some foam for sound dampening, so I’ll definitely look at that and see if it’s causing the helmet to ride up. I did notice my belt sitting a little crooked after I de-kitted from the photo shoot, I will be mindful of positioning in the future. I’ll look at raising the thighs a little, the gap around them is partly because I’m so darn skinny, so there’s a compromise between fit and preserving the look of the armor.

Edited by theblueslime

• ukswrath changed the title to TK-11937 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status [RS] (Under review)

I've made a few updates based on the feedback provided already. Pulling the thighs up and adding some foam to the top front actually helped a ton in getting the back to line up better, very happy with the results! Also, thanks for the tip on dabbing a bit of E6000 to hold the drop box straps, worked like a charm!

f9IxZwi.jpg

Revised Front View

1D4OPCj.jpg

Revised Back View

fwI5alQ.jpg

Revised Left View

4CEyIQh.jpg

Revised Right View

• Like 2

• ukswrath changed the title to TK-11937 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status [RS] [873]
Hey Wesley, thank you for your EIB application.  
CRL and EIB Application Requirements:
All the required submission photos have been submitted. Your armor displays all the required components for L2. The DO crew and I would like to congratulate and welcome you to the rank of Expert Infantry :salute:. Beautiful job on your RS armor build.

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:
In this section we review observations made by your fellow troopers and ourselves. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor. If any suggestion affects any application, it will be listed separately in the above or below sections. 
We have a few areas to go over here so let's get to it. Before getting started we'd like to say the accuracy of your armor is ultimately up to you. At the higher levels of approval we strive for excellence. Though we may make suggested or highly recommended repairs it's still up to you to decide.

Taking a look at your helmet first, the ear placement should be so that the upper and lower mounting screws follow the trap trailing edge. Yours though not bad should be more at an angle and less vertical. If you can make this adjustment without damaging to your helmet we suggest doing so.

right%20ear.jpgleft%20ear.jpg

Reference photo

stunt%20ear%20angle.jpg

Next up the brow. The lowest the brown should typically go is the top of the eye socket return edge. We've provided some reference photos so that you understand what were trying to illustrate. We're suggesting you raise the brow.

brow.jpg

Reference photo

gallery_14191_25_57708.jpg

On to the tube stripes which should roughly be a No.2 pencil width from the face. We're recommending you reposition yours. 

tube%20stripes.jpg

Reference photo

Tube%20stripe%20direction.jpg 

Exiting the helmet next up the shoulder bells. There should be minimal gap between the shoulder Bells and Chest & Back plates. Though yours are nice and tight on the lower section we're requesting you tighten the upper connecting straps to bring the top in closer to the chest to back straps as seen in the provided reference photo.

bell.jpg

Reference photo

Shoulder%20gap.jpg

Scrolling over to the arms, the cover strips should be facing forward on the left arm. Not a huge deal but worth mentioning none the less.

bicep.jpg

Reference photos

88b875e6-1427-49f6-a693-9f3b16336ed1.jpg

The posterior, aka butt plate should remain beneath the kidney plate. It is suggested you tighten the strapping between the two sections. 

post.jpg

Reference photos

f609da44-0cd0-46aa-bfe2-66bb64f9f0a1.jpgPosterior.jpg

Lastly, though it doesn't have to be perfect the sniper side return edge should follow the same contour of the shin armor. Also, you can thin out the return a bit to help prevent scraping against your knee cap. We're suggesting you trim as illustrated.

Sniper%20B.jpg

Reference photos

Capture_1.jpg

Centurion Suggestions:

In this section we prepare you for Centurion. If there were any areas of concern they would be discussed here. We have a few areas that will need to be resolved before applying for Centurion if you choose to do so. The Ab/Kidney rivets are to be roughly 10mm from the vertical return edge. Though the Ab rivet placement look ok, the Kidney rivets look considerably off. This could a simple photo issue, if not you'll need to address this before applying for Centurion if you choose to do so. The CRL states: Level three certification (if applicable):

Rivets are equally spaced along the depth of the armor and about 10mm from the edge.

left%20ab%20rivets.jpg

Reference photo

gallery_12157_16_598_1.jpg

Next up waist belt placement. The upper edge of the ammo belt should be at or just below the lowest Ab plate buttons. This will need to be adjusted. Note: The belt placement near the Thermal Detonator is a bit high. Resolving the front could be as simple as pulling down the rear. The CRL states: Level three certification (if applicable):

The top of the ammo belt should sit at or just below the bottom of the central and vertical abdomen button panels.

waist%20belt%202.jpgwaist%20belt.jpg

Reference photo

88b875e6-1427-49f6-a693-9f3b16336ed1.jpg

Lastly the waist drop boxes should be aligned with the edge of the ammo belt. The simple fix for this is to glue the drop box connecting strap to the cloth belt. The CRL states: Level three certification (if applicable):

The corners of the plastic ammo belt shall be trimmed at a 45 degree angle that that meets the outer edge of the cloth belt.

drop%20box.jpg

Reference photo

imageproxy%202.jpg

That's it, congratulations again on your EI badge. Great job and hope to see you at Centurion. If you have any questions feel free to ask us for help. :salute:

Thank you very much, and thanks for all of the suggestions for improvement! Regarding the rivets for Centurion, that is indeed a poor photo angle. The return edge on the kidney plate make them look way off in that photo, they are equally spaced from the seam when aligned as-worn.

When I get some free time I’ll work on implementing these suggestions and before long I’m sure you’ll be seeing my Centurion application!

21 minutes ago, theblueslime said:

Thank you very much, and thanks for all of the suggestions for improvement! Regarding the rivets for Centurion, that is indeed a poor photo angle. The return edge on the kidney plate make them look way off in that photo, they are equally spaced from the seam when aligned as-worn.

When I get some free time I’ll work on implementing these suggestions and before long I’m sure you’ll be seeing my Centurion application!

Thanks Wesly. Photos are what we have to go by so better angles improve will our suggestions. A straight shot from all the required elements helps us greatly. Congrats again  :jc_doublethumbup: