NoZoupForYou’s Stunt TK Build (Anovos)

Also, be careful of breathing in too much E6000. Well ventilated room etc. Just in case. :-)
Listen to Dan you must, open a window you should.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Listen to Dan you must, open a window you should.

I’ve been working in the garage with a medium respirator. Not risking it.

I just bought some 1” nylon webbing to install Tandy line 24s on the armor. For the elastic should I ditch whatever anovos supplies and buy off amazon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are making great progress.  Nice work! 

Be sure to check out the snap setting tutorial in the "how to" section.  And get a snap setter that has the sliding sleeve part that helps keep the snap in place.  It'll save you some grief. ;) 

• Like 1

I’m starting to plan the front armor connections. For the kidney to abdomen, I know there will be a gap and I’ll need a little extra room. I’ve watched videos were people just use nylon. Should I use elastic to
provide a little give?

I prefer elastic, good for bending, especially useful when giving younglings high fives. I also incorperated adjusters on them, handy for when the elastic stretches over time.

21 minutes ago, NoZoupForYou said:

I’m starting to plan the front armor connections. For the kidney to abdomen, I know there will be a gap and I’ll need a little extra room. I’ve watched videos were people just use nylon. Should I use elastic to
provide a little give?

Great question, canon armor was assembled mostly with elastic for obvious reasons, mobility. For nice tight fitting armor either use nylon or tight elastic. Something to keep in mind any excessive gaps in these areas may be mentioned at the higher levels of approval., so nice and snug is recommended. That said, this is your armor and as Glen mentioned flexibility is key when trooping. I personally use both, most torso connections I use nylon (except for the shoulders), and lower arms are elastic. This allows for a nice tight fitting armor where it needs to be and flexible in those areas. 

• Like 2

Great question, canon armor was assembled mostly with elastic for obvious reasons, mobility. For nice tight fitting armor either use nylon or tight elastic. Something to keep in mind any excessive gaps in these areas may be mentioned at the higher levels of approval., so nice and snug is recommended. That said, this is your armor and as Glen mentioned flexibility is key when trooping. I personally use both, most torso connections I use nylon (except for the shoulders), and lower arms are elastic. This allows for a nice tight fitting armor where it needs to be and flexible in those areas. 

Thanks!

I plan on building to achieve basic, but am making sure to add the items necessary for higher levels. The plan is to get this thing done by Halloween for the neighborhood kids at a level that should gain basic.

I understand there must be minimal to no gaps between the abdomen and kidney, so after basic, I’ll start adding shims and fine tuning things necessary for the higher levels.
It looks like chest to abdomen might be ok with straight nylon.

Abdomen to kidney will definitely be elastic.

5 hours ago, NoZoupForYou said:

I plan on building to achieve basic, but am making sure to add the items necessary for higher levels. The plan is to get this thing done by Halloween for the neighborhood kids at a level that should gain basic.

I understand there must be minimal to no gaps between the abdomen and kidney, so after basic, I’ll start adding shims and fine tuning things necessary for the higher levels.
It looks like chest to abdomen might be ok with straight nylon.

Abdomen to kidney will definitely be elastic.

I'll probably get slapped for saying this but build it to Centurion standards and if you're not finished by Halloween just use white gaffers to tape to hold together whatever's not completed. I mean you're in your neighborhood, no one will know or care how imperfect you may look ;). You're a Stormtrooper that's awesome enough lol :D. After Halloween's over continue building it the correct way.  Just a thought 

• Like 3

I'll probably get slapped for saying this but build it to Centurion standards and if you're not finished by Halloween just use white gaffers to tape to hold together whatever's not completed. I mean you're in your neighborhood, no one will know or care how imperfect you may look . You're a Stormtrooper that's awesome enough lol . After Halloween's over continue building it the correct way.  Just a thought 

Haha! I might do that.

I have a problem right now, and it is somewhat of a decision point for it....

To me, when I think of Stormtroopers I always think of Sandtroopers. That’s how I first remember them from a New Hope. Move along, and Look Sir, Droids just stands out.

Part of me really wants to go that route, but I can’t decide. I know I’ll need to get the knee plate, I know to omit things like the chest plate buttons. It looks like on the helmet I just hand paint grey into the tears and trapezoids. I know I leave off the shoulder connectors and remove the mesh from the helmet frown. Conversion on an Anovos kit seems easy enough.

The weathering looks easy as well. I just can’t decide if this is the route to go.

I need an Obi Wan to provide me with some spiritual guidance. Are there any pros and cons?

So going Sandy does leave bits off of the kit, but it also means getting a back pack, pouches, pouldron and depending on how far you want to go you may also need a DLT-19.

Sandy is much more involved and costly but least you get to get dirty, bang into junk and not care, become one of a few and if you go SWAT you'll join the elite class of less than 60 members in the entire world.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Rat said:

So going Sandy does leave bits off of the kit, but it also means getting a back pack, pouches, pouldron and depending on how far you want to go you may also need a DLT-19

Actually with the allowable Sandrooper combinations you don’t necessarily need a backpack or DLT-19 for approval or in fact even for some of the higher levels.

A pouldron and pouch/es yes. 

• Like 2

Actually with the allowable Sandrooper combinations you don’t necessarily need a backpack or DLT-19 for approval or in fact even for some of the higher levels.

Thanks for the clarification Glen.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

For basic no pack is needed but for L2 Police officer you MUST have a pack even if your SWAT-Trooper L3 does not:salute:

Edited by TheSwede
Speeeeeeellllling
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, NoZoupForYou said:

I need an Obi Wan to provide me with some spiritual guidance. Are there any pros and cons?

Go with what you like the most, like Tony said the TD (Sandtrooper) has more extras like a Field Pack, it´s optional for basic but for L2 is a requriment and in my opinion the Field Pack is what makes it a Sandtrooper:) If you are having a hard time deciding then go Stormtrooper first and Sandtrooper next:duim:

• Like 3