NoZoupForYou’s Stunt TK Build (Anovos)

As Jim has said the cut lines aren't that important, the only ones really you want to worry about is where the cover strips don't cover, the ridges on the bottom of the thighs you want them to meet without a gap. Also the ends of pieces which have a return edge still showing, these should also be as tight a gap as you can get.

• Like 1

Looking good so far! If you have coverstrip material left over I recommend internal coverstrips. Without a doubt you need them for inside calves. The flex they take putting them on calls for it. Use plenty of E-6000 when putting them in. We're going for stability not pretty here.;)

Keep up the good work!

1 minute ago, magni said:

Looking good so far! If you have coverstrip material left over I recommend internal coverstrips. Without a doubt you need them for inside calves. The flex they take putting them on calls for it. Use plenty of E-6000 when putting them in. We're going for stability not pretty here.;)

Keep up the good work!

Sadly there is no extra when it come to the ANOVOS strips. However you can use scrap material from the rest of the kit for the inner strips. That is what I did with mine. Though I don't recall which parts I used now.

Sadly there is no extra when it come to the ANOVOS strips. However you can use scrap material from the rest of the kit for the inner strips. That is what I did with mine. Though I don't recall which parts I used now.

Anovos really needs to sell extra bundles of it. Or someone else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Being for the inside, any plastic would work. Personally I'm not a fan of for sale sign material. It's not thick and strong enough to me. Many hobby shops sell styrene sheets. Some even sell packages of strips in different widths and thickness. Doesn't Trooperbay sell some? Hmmm

35 minutes ago, NoZoupForYou said:

Anovos really needs to sell extra bundles of it. Or someone else

Totally agree Sean. They should just add a couple of small sheets like some of the other armor makers do so you cut your own.

21 minutes ago, magni said:

Being for the inside, any plastic would work. Personally I'm not a fan of for sale sign material. It's not thick and strong enough to me. Many hobby shops sell styrene sheets. Some even sell packages of strips in different widths and thickness. Doesn't Trooperbay sell some? Hmmm

I think he does Randy. However the styrene part is as good.

1 hour ago, magni said:

I am sure he does yet. In fact, I had to purchase some during my build but had to re-paint it for the outside. As it is the inside, trooperbay is an excellent choice. 

I am sure he does yet. In fact, I had to purchase some during my build but had to re-paint it for the outside. As it is the inside, trooperbay is an excellent choice. 

I just ordered some from him. I’ll need some for the space I’ll have between abdomen and kidney anyways.

• Like 2

Other halves glued on. Thankful e6000 has a slow bond time and allows you to work with it for a while. These were an absolute pain. Might let it cure longer than 24hrs144758edd8706893961ab02dbf365865.jpg&key=d45ed22bf1824435570af886f6a0337fc15583f6862cc4bf721084a0fc21eb19 just to be safe...

Let them go a good 48 hrs.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

I normally leave for 24hrs but if they feel that they had any strain on them to close then I leave for 48hrs 

• Like 1

I normally leave for 24hrs but if they feel that they had any strain on them to close then I leave for 48hrs 
Yeah while in was doing my build Tony suggested 48 hrs. for the shins. The rest of the kit was good at 24 hrs. I think both of them popped on my first attempt after 24 hrs., so I re-glued and waited the full 48.

• Like 1

Progress.... came out OK. Upset with the gap on the left Thigh at the butt joint. Also... my fears came true... I think I’m headed to shim city on the right thigh. Oddly, the left one seems to fit. Need to think this over before adding the cover strips. Is the left thigh just a larger mold??? Same issue with the right shin... Good thing there is an armor party Saturday. f3b277257d1be00bdfa00e37f551b42f.jpg&key=6efb634338220fe4ffbda075853cf9598d3c18b951af0c0b10af6ffa8775d1f303b3a17e24d5d90b1bb80dbc353b931f.jpg&key=6af5feaad7af0e372b4da64ad895a8fbccc44e31249592d002b8905573d0c295

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NoZoupForYou said:

Upset with the gap on the left Thigh at the butt joint.

That`s an easy fix - just glue some abs on the inside and then put some abs-paste from the outside and you don`t have to be to concerned with sanding as it will be fine just evening it out with just your finger, and it`s screen accurate:duim: You also might want to check your left cover strip as it looks to be sticking out at the top.

Have a great time at the armor party:salute:

crHOCn1.jpg

• Like 3

That`s an easy fix - just glue some abs on the inside and then put some abs-paste from the outside and you don`t have to be to concerned with sanding as it will be fine just evening it out with just your finger, and it`s screen accurate:duim: You also might want to check your left cover strip as it looks to be sticking out at the top.
Have a great time at the armor party:salute:
crHOCn1.jpg&key=04981c71c2abd39589db8d72af2a1b75c5f4e94e4a1b7c3c2a61b9d0a37b74cc

I will definitely trim down that one cover strip.

I guess the question for the rear over strip is what is the widest allowable you can have? It almost just fits. It’s just a tad too small.

13 minutes ago, NoZoupForYou said:

I will definitely trim down that one cover strip.

I guess the question for the rear over strip is what is the widest allowable you can have? It almost just fits. It’s just a tad too small.

Rule of thumb is that you want to be consistent with your strips. For Example. If your rear thigh armor strip is 25mm, you want to be sure the rear calf strip is 25mm or very close to give it a nice even finish. 

1 hour ago, NoZoupForYou said:

I would try and not go over 25 for the back of thigh, you can glue the back with a gap and strenghten it with a wider inner stip....meaning if you have a strip of 25 you glue 10mm on each end leaving a 5mm gap thus making the thigh a bit bigger, sometimes it`s those small changes that makes all the difference and the gap at the lower ridge you just fill in with abs scrap and paste (unless you choose to cut for mobility) :salute:

You can also go smaller on the area that gets glued if necesarry, the 10mm was just a suggestion.

• Like 1

I would try and not go over 25 for the back of thigh, you can glue the back with a gap and strenghten it with a wider inner stip....meaning if you have a strip of 25 you glue 10mm on each end leaving a 5mm gap thus making the thigh a bit bigger, sometimes it`s those small changes that makes all the difference and the gap at the lower ridge you just fill in with abs scrap and paste (unless you choose to cut for mobility) :salute:

You can also go smaller on the area that gets glued if necesarry, the 10mm was just a suggestion.

25mm might be enough. I’ll know more after the armor party tomorrow I’m sure. My plan is if 25mm work to glue together from the inside with a cover strip then once that sets, lay the 25mm over the outside to hopefully cover about a 20-22mm gap.

• Like 2

The inferno squad armor party really helped me out. Belt is done, fitted everything, made major headway. Won’t need to shim thighs or shins... barely. Decided I’m going for basic approval. This alleviated stress as my height and torso is not conducive for Storm Troopers with this kit and for my first kit, I am happy with just being approved...

Got some ABS strips from trooper bay. Moving the rear shin cover strips to the rear of the thighs for more room, and cutting much larger strips for the shin closures. Going to reinforce the insides of legs and other parts with the ABS I bought.

89880e366d66cb754428085d74a3c2b4.jpg&key=6a8d61f2966bb8262ee69da9f3d1982212b6a264c8b89b573593f687fc5fb50b0da840c815a848a9454c6c60e3e488bb.jpg&key=864138490672d28ead06f388afffe24d8879352119bdbf56448a34e3ac2141d9

• Like 3

Great progress, it's always good to have others experienced eyes on hand to guide you. A shame you won't be going for the higher levels at this stage but you never know you could change your mind later ;) 

Keep up the great work.

• Like 2

Great progress, it's always good to have others experienced eyes on hand to guide you. A shame you won't be going for the higher levels at this stage but you never know you could change your mind later  

Keep up the great work.

I know... however, after consulting with Garrison members, I’m fine with it. I’d rather go all out on another kit (non Anovos) and take my time on it, not caring if it took a year or two to get there...

• Like 2

Really enjoying your build. Like you I started thinking and planning Centurion level from the outset, but decided just to go for basic approval and then if i still want, to upgrade later.

What are the reasons you’re being told you can’t later upgrade your suit to EIB and Centurion?

And now time for my daily silly question lol: when gluing the Velcro down, did you remove the sticky patch first and apply the glue to the back? Or just put the glue onto the sticky bit itself? (Yeah... I know it sounds silly... oh the things that keep me up at night... lol )

Sent from my DH77 using Tapatalk

He wasn't told he couldn't, he is choosing not to on this build. I would suggest building for Centurion even if you don't apply for it. It is easier to build for it than to make the changes later.

So far as the velcro it sounds like he was just adding a layer of E-6000 to the sticky parts of the velcro.

Really enjoying your build. Like you I started thinking and planning Centurion level from the outset, but decided just to go for basic approval and then if i still want, to upgrade later.

What are the reasons you’re being told you can’t later upgrade your suit to EIB and Centurion?

And now time for my daily silly question lol: when gluing the Velcro down, did you remove the sticky patch first and apply the glue to the back? Or just put the glue onto the sticky bit itself? (Yeah... I know it sounds silly... oh the things that keep me up at night... lol )

Sent from my DH77 using Tapatalk

• Like 2