Phones....So, I want to know.....

Hey guys, TK-71778 here, and I some major trooping events are coming up. I unfortunately have some medical issues that require me to carry an epipen and I have to have my phone in hands reach in case of an emergency. My question is, how do you guys store your valuables such as your wallet, keys, and phone in your TK suit? 

I made a pocket a bit bigger then my phone and velcroed it to the inside of my chest plate. It’s not completely accessible cause I can’t really reach it with my armor on, but it’s there. Other stuff I leave in my bin. Haven’t had a situation yet where I felt it to be unsafe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Not overly good for your situation but mine stay in the box in the changing room.  Safest place for them.

However in your situation I would give them to the spotter, and make sure they are aware of my situation.  If you need them in a hurry, begin in TK armour is going to slow you down a lot and having someone who can just be ready if needed is a smart move.  Even if you administer the epipen yourself, not having to find it in the armour is going to speed things up.

• Like 1

I have my drop box halves held together by rare earth magnets on each side. In one of my boxes I keep my box key, and in the other one I keep a challenge coin. I user TrooperTalk, so I have a phone mounted off to the side on my app plate, so I guess if I ever really needed I could yank it out of there.

I agree with Chris, make sure your handler/spotter is aware of the situation and try and avoid being by yourself. Very hard to be able to have a phone on your person and still accessible in armor.

In fact, I have just given my phone to them on more than one occasion.

Edited by Harbinger
  • Like 1

Agreed with everyone here. Wranglers are your best option. If you must carry something on your person, passport wallets are a good option. If you need easier access, some GMLs might let you get away with a "cheat pouch" on your belt opposite your blaster holster, usually colored black or white, where you could put some items, especially considering any medical conditions. I use one for conventions.

For items I absolutely need to carry at some times I have a small zip bag I can attach inside my thigh armour, it’s thin and will allow phone, cards and such. Bare in mind I do have thin legs so plenty of room in the thigh area. I know others have a bag which has a neck strap and will fit behind the chest area.

i do have a removable cap which has elastic on the inside of my TD but decided not to use as I’ve heard TD’s can be taken occasionally.

Really it’s up to available space and how quickly you need to access what you are carrying ;) 

Most of the time wranglers help carry our valuables and such so if you have one handy that’s your best bet.

• Like 1

Not sure if this would help, but at a troop I went to, I was helping a TK dress. He had a wireless mic and amp, and he threw his amp in his holster. If you aren't using it for your blaster then its pretty much a pouch for you. not sure on your availability of your holster, but if there is a way you can secure your phone and pin inside there, that might work for you? easy access for you and who ever is helping you, plus wont really risk damaging your armor or anything trying to get at it quickly. Keep us updated on what you decide to go with, or if you come up with something new

Mine always stay in the changing room, because I don't much extra room, let alone accessible room, in my armor.  

Handlers.  Is there a good, on-top-of things handler that you trust that could hang on to them for you?  If they need to be on your physical person, then do you have any extra room in your thighs?  I've seen guys make a pocket inside and stash trading cards, it could probably work for an epi-pen and phone, they're not overly large.  Alternatively, you could also make a pocket in your chest plate, back plate in the recessed OII, or in the side at the ab/kidney connection.