TK41871 requesting ANH Stunt Centurion status [WTF] [395]

Name:  Aaron Daily
FISD forum name: adailyptc
501st TK ID: TK41871
Garrison: Georgia
EIB Application Link: 

Mandatory Information

Armor Maker: WTF (Walt's Trooper Factory)
Helmet Maker: WTF
Blaster Type: Doopeydoo's

Optional Information

Height: 6'-0"
Weight: 195
Boot Maker: TK Boots
Canvas belt: Trooperbay
Hand Plates Type: White rubber by Trooperbay
Electronics: Helmet fans by Henry's Helmet Fans, Audio by Trooper Talk
Neck Seal Type: Trooperbay
Holster Maker: Trooperbay

Photos

0d5xzeQ.jpg

Front - Arms at side

j6adHOM.jpg

Rear - Arms at side

zP9dTLZ.jpg

Left - Arms raised

cR7gRp4.jpg

Right - Arms raised

LmBy0UZ.jpg

Ab/Kidney Attachment (see photo later in application for view without belt)

c7br0yu.jpg

Butt/Kidney - Fixed: No

tZIsxq1.jpg

Hand Plates

JY9KAFA.jpg

Shoulder Bridge - Back

NG5tcYH.jpg

Shoulder Bridge - Front

XtPjJqj.jpg

Back/Chest Connection (see photo later in application for view without belt)

cT3vRl0.jpg

Thigh Pack Attachment

trjHSev.jpg

Knee Plate - Right

FrJcmWq.jpg

Knee Plate - Left

O6jgKfV.jpg

Drop Box Back

jrK3brF.jpg

Cod and Butt Plate Attachment

rCZMuly.jpg

Interior Strapping

5t1aRNI.jpg

Kidney Plate Notch - Right

7kKzNQk.jpg

Kidney Plate Notch - Left

8vEHSpk.jpg

Wrist side of forearms - Right

6xNIVWz.jpg

Wrist side of forearms - Left

aklS8gE.jpg

Helmet - Front

F5SVOfh.jpg

Helmet - Left

n1ITuj4.jpg

Helmet - Back

mojT3Ka.jpg

Helmet - Right

WREhQWb.jpg

Hovi Mic Tip Detail

K1cli4z.jpg

Lens Color

1wF0HUS.jpg

S-Trim

dNzY1tA.jpg

Blaster - Right

8OQ2kMQ.jpg

Blaster - Left

8strMaF.jpg

Blaster - D-Ring

hA9zt5j.jpg

Neck Seal

DTNVB7j.jpg

Thermal Detonator - Back

eDTthI5.jpg

Holster Attachment

Edited by adailyptc
added EIB link info

That's great looking armor.  Nice work.! :salute:

The only thing I noticed was your shoulder bridges are sitting a little high.  There should be about 4 or 5 bumps on the chest piece but I think that is more of a screen accuracy thing.

Hi Aaron,

Great job overall - looking really good. :duim:

Just a little thing. I think you'll need a link to your EIB clearance thread at the top of your Centurion application. 

The only feedback I would give is that the shins are possibly riding a little high (do they raise when you move around?) and that the rear sight of your E-11 is possibly backwards or missing the "serrated" detailing on the rear curve. (pic below)

4b4f1cfcc03b6ec09f2a5706d917f0f9.jpg

Otherwise, best of luck for your clearance. Looks like your very close. :jc_doublethumbup: 

You will likely need to take your belt off and lay it flat on the floor or table, taking photos of both sides.  Maybe not, but I'd consider adding this to your photos.

Best of luck trooper! :salute:

Thanks for the feedback.

I'll add a link to my EIB application.  I'll also add additional pics of my belt (front and back) laying flat.  Whether it's required or not, I'm happy to provide as much info as possible to get feedback. And yea, that piece on my blaster is on backwards (oops).  Do you think it would be a problem to just fill the grooves at the front curve and add them to the back curve?  It's epoxied pretty well as this point, and I fear that trying to take if off now might create more harm than good.  If that's not good, though, I'm happy to do it the hard way.  The shins do have velcro on the inside face and at the very top of my boots.  So, no, they don't move once I get them in place.  I just need to get them set correctly to start with.  Once I get them set, my intention is to identify the proper location with a thin silver mark on my boots.  Any rules of thumb for proper height?

As always, thanks for all the keen eyes.

Edited by adailyptc

Do you think it would be a problem to just fill the grooves at the front curve and add them to the back curve?  It's epoxied pretty well as this point, and I fear that trying to take if off now might create more harm than good. 

Hiya,

I have a feeling that someone previously did exactly what you said - filled the groves and gently marked new ones on the rear curve. Probably easier that removing the whole piece and possibly damaging it. (Lovely blaster, btw!!) :duim:

The shins do have velcro on the inside face and at the very top of my boots.  So, no, they don't move once I get them in place.  I just need to get them set correctly to start with.  Once I get them set, my intention is to identify the proper location with a thin silver mark on my boots.  Any rules of thumb for proper height?

I think the shins could just sit a inch or two lower over the boots. Here's a good ref pic from ANH. :jc_doublethumbup:

30ee3c1be15b18bdd4782fb116fa44b6.jpg

Fixed the E-11 rear bracket.  I had it on backwards.  Rather than rip it off, though, and risk more damage than good, I filled the "serated" edges on the front edge and added them to the rear edge.

E6FRu38.jpg

Also, as suggested, I have taken photos of the front and rear of the belt to better show the various attachments.

x0EFVHv.jpg 

8o60tjx.jpg

As always, thank you for the keen eyes and suggestions!

• Like 1

Hey Aaron!

Your kit looks great, and looks like we're neighbor Garrisons! Yea!

I also had the "joy" of adding shims, but I see you have a very cool system for aligning the ab and kidney plates. Can you give me a link to you build thread and allow me to copy this ingenious idea? Thank in advance!!

• ukswrath changed the title to TK41871 requesting ANH Stunt Centurion status [WTF] [495]

Hey Aaron welcome to you Centurion application.

CRL and Centurion Application Requirements:

All required submission photos are present. A big shout to you for making the suggested corrections pointed out by your fellow troopers, and fantastic job on your build :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:At this time Andrew and I would like to welcome you to Centurion. :salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:

As suggested by your fellow troopers lowering your shins roughly 1" would actually make the legs look more uniform. 

That's it brother, time to check in with Vader and start representing the Empire as its newest Centurion :salute:

• Like 1

• ukswrath changed the title to TK41871 requesting ANH Stunt Centurion status [WTF] [395]

Great, thank you!  I'll be sure to lower the shins and mark the location so I can get them in the correct location each time.  Now I need to get out there and do some bad (oops, i meant good).  Thanks again.  And thanks to everybody who weighed in thoughts for improvement.

• 2 weeks later...