Bucket too small?

Sorry if k I'm not in the right section...

I have a moncal/far away creations bucket. Not sure how I could have put it together wrong.. So I guess it just runs small? When I put it on, my face is smashed against the front. I don't think I have a particular large head either. It's 23"/59cm circumference. Suggestions? Get a new bucket?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Do you have internal padding? My first lid had the traditional star foam at the top. Due to the wonky nature of a TK lid, my head size and the positioning of the padding, my left eye (if I remember correctly) was pushing up against the lid. Adjusting the inner padding helped significantly. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You may find if you have attached the faceplate too far back that it reduces the overall size of the helmet and it's opening, perhaps some photos and measurements of your helmet would help us help you.

On 2/10/2018 at 1:52 PM, TheSwede said:

Hey Aaron...have you tried putting it on sideways and then turn it?

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I can get it on just fine with the TK twist. Just that when it is ON, my face is mashed up against the front

On 2/10/2018 at 2:40 PM, CableGuy said:

Do you have internal padding? My first lid had the traditional star foam at the top. Due to the wonky nature of a TK lid, my head size and the positioning of the padding, my left eye (if I remember correctly) was pushing up against the lid. Adjusting the inner padding helped significantly. :-)

Very minimal padding on the inside

23 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

You may find if you have attached the faceplate too far back that it reduces the overall size of the helmet and it's opening, perhaps some photos and measurements of your helmet would help us help you.

I was not able to attach it anywhere else, or it would not have lined up with the rear.

Did you attach the faceplate to the back before attaching the ears?  If so, (and it sounds like a pain to do) if you could post some detailed pics of one of the sides with the ears removed as well as the bottom and inside it would really help.  My AM bucket did not (and still doesn't) line up perfectly, but I made some adjustments and it turned out nice.  The S-trim can hide more than you think.

From what I can see, it looks as if the bottom of your face plate is too close to the back, and could probably be extended out at least an inch or so.

On ‎12‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 6:07 AM, SorcererX said:

I was not able to attach it anywhere else, or it would not have lined up with the rear.

When attaching the faceplate to the back you can tilt the plate at the base forward to give a bigger opening on the bottom, this is adjustable, it's not "it has to be attached here" . This also allows some movement around the brow for the hero or stunt look in standard TK's. Even if there are screw hole indents from the maker you don't have to use them if you need to adjust.

3 minutes ago, SorcererX said:

Well, that sucks. Live and learn I guess.

You could still remove the screws and try to adjust, I know a few who have slotted the holes in the front to back plates to allow for some adjustment, just need to add some washers behind. Only issue you would have then is the ears won't sit exactly right, gaps would change and you may need to adjust to match, hopefully there would be enough meat left on the ears.

If I tilt the brow back anymore the eyes will be covered. I just don't see how it can be adjusted to have more room. I played with it a lot before I actually attached anything

Could you take the brow off and cut the helmet under it to allow it to come down a bit?

Could you take the brow off and cut the helmet under it to allow it to come down a bit?

I'd rather not. I'll probably just buy a new one and start over. This one will work, just a little too small.

1 hour ago, Harbinger said:

If you post pictures of your bucket disassembled we may be able to help further, there isn't much you can't fix with some TLC (and maybe a little ABS paste).

I would if I could... my sd card in my phone died and my cloud account got deleted. I have to look if they are any where else