Too tall for centurion? CFO ROTJ build

Stroker

I have a question regarding centurion status. I have just completed a cfo rebuild if you will and would like to take it to centurion. However I'm right at 6'6" tall weight is about 180 give or take. Will this cause me a problem with getting approved? I know Mark stated to me several times  I was too tall. However I have a passion for ROTJ armour especially the biker scout and TK. Here's a couple of pics. You guys let me have it and not sugar coat it. Yeah I know the biceps is turned a bit.

IMG_20180121_151404IMG_20180121_151447

Edited by Stroker

What kit is that? Some vendors offer taller shins which would help close the gap. For the arms its recommended to space out the hand plate / forearm / bicep gaos as evenly as possible.

This guy is 6’4” and he was cleared so it is possible!

(Sadly, Photobucket ate his photos.)

As far as I am aware the DOs don't discriminate against you for your height so long as certain criteria are still met.  You're best bet would be to speak to Tony and Andrew, they do the approvals and will be able to guide you best.

^THIS^

Also you may need to make a few adjustments, your biceps and forearms look really big for you. Could also move your forearms upwards to reduce the gap at your elbows. Perhaps drop your thighs just a little to reduce the knee gap.

Just in case you aren't aware you have to apply for EIB before Centurion ;) 

2 hours ago, Harbinger said:

What kit is that?

It's a CFO kit

5 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

^THIS^

Also you may need to make a few adjustments, your biceps and forearms look really big for you. Could also move your forearms upwards to reduce the gap at your elbows. Perhaps drop your thighs just a little to reduce the knee gap.

Just in case you aren't aware you have to apply for EIB before Centurion ;) 

It's a CFO kit

Biceps are at the max. If I tried to take em in I would have zero movement also I have no clue as to why they look so big in the picture. The thighs are no problem. Forarms I might be able to take them up also. Just don't have enough room to take em up much to make a difference. I thought you could apply for centurion without applying for EIB and once you gained centurion you were also awarded EIB. Thanks for clearing that up.

I would move the forearms up and the biceps down a bit.  And the thighs down a bit. You can get longer shins from TM or RT that will help.  I would say otherwise good to go.  

6 minutes ago, Daetrin said:

I would move the forearms up and the biceps down a bit.  And the thighs down a bit. You can get longer shins from TM or RT that will help.  I would say otherwise good to go.  

All of that I can cover no problem. Do I need to totally replace the shins before I try and go eib?

If I were the DO, I'd say you look fine for EI with those shins.  EI is meant to be an upgrade over base standards to fill in more accurate details.  Centurion...yeah, I'd suggest new shins.

I would go for the new shins either way.  Based on how high they are sitting on your boots, it looks as if you may have the slight problem of them sliding underneath the fronts/backs.  Having longer ones where you can have wider bottoms would help the overall look considerably as well as prevent that from happening.

Fantastic job on that rebuild!! :jc_doublethumbup:

• 9 months later...