LTM's WTF ANH Stunt TK (WIP) acronym build

LTM

3 minutes ago, TheSwede said:

aah:smiley-sw013: well ABS paste works magic...and a tip but I´m guessing you`re already done but if not, is to put the fixing in the putty the same time you put it in the helmet thus no need to drill.

One of the inserts fell out (bad joint), so fixing it I should have used the drill bit and rotated by hand.

After all the goofs, I get why those that have built can do a better job the second time. 

• Like 1

Replacement TD from TrooperBay is built (very easy). Used the clips from ukswrath. Looked at the specs, hopefully I got this measured and cut correctly.

y4Y6ggQ.jpg 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheSwede said:

looking good and for "uber accaracy" you could include a slight bend on the ends, it also helps when putting the TD on the belt:)

DSC03181_zpsc8019161.jpg

He offers two versions, I didn't choose the one with the bend as it would seem to dig into the armor. 

I think I have this correct (left and right), please let me know if not correct. 

QULOrSZ.jpg

So if I have this correct, I want to make the strip facing forward 15mm (7.5 reveal on each part) and then fit on the backside?

In this picture, cut each side 7.5mm? This is my first real cut on armor, so I have the "typical" hesitation of a new builder. :)

SEM26Xu.jpg

2 hours ago, LTM said:

He offers two versions, I didn't choose the one with the bend as it would seem to dig into the armor. 

Check:duim: I have the bend on mine and as long you don’t use a ”stabbing-motion” whilst putting it on there’s no problem, sure some small marks show but only with a magifying glas:) anyways...completely up to you, just making a suggestion - Keep up the great work :salute:

Just now, TheSwede said:

Check:duim: I have the bend on mine and as long you don’t use a ”stabbing-motion” whilst putting it on there’s no problem, sure some small marks show but only with a magifying glas:) anyways...completely up to you, just making a suggestion - Keep up the great work :salute:

Keep up the suggestions, I need all the help I can get. I really do appreciate the feedback, as a WTF kit there is not too many build logs to follow at this time. 

• Like 1

With the shoulder bell, there is an area that looks like a good cut line as the surface is not smooth (as shown by the pencil line). But I think there is another line (where my finger is pointing). When fitting the bell, do you want the outside flush to your shoulder (or another question how to fit)?

kpkJQDl.jpg

Will do:salute: and there are a few out there but how to build is in a sense universal, meaning that you can look at any build for suggestions, some things are armor-specific but they are easy to count, the infamous misslabeling of the Anovos shins is one example....the pinned threads in the build section are all great sources for knowledge/tips/how to’s, the CRL costume reference gallery provide info on what’s required for basic, L2 Expert Infantry and L3 Centurion AND the most important of all is to do what you already done - start a build thread and ask questions because we are ALL here to help - there can’t be to many Stormtroopers in the world :D

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LTM said:

When fitting the bell, do you want the outside flush to your shoulder (or another question how to fit)?

This is the look to aim for so my suggestion is to keep as much material as possible to begin with, you can always trim it of if the fit isn`t right/to ones liking:salute:

Star Wars A New Hope Bluray Capture 01-93.jpg

Star Wars - A New Hope: Screen Capture 31

Personally I would cut to where your finger is pointing, as the shoulder bell should have a smooth curve there, not any sort of ridge. But TheSwede is right that you can always trim off more. I went with the measurements that Cricket listed in her build - I believe it's 5" from the edge of the ridge to the edge of the bell, and 12" from top to bottom, but you should check in her thread to confirm.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, shashachu said:

Personally I would cut to where your finger is pointing, as the shoulder bell should have a smooth curve there, not any sort of ridge. But TheSwede is right that you can always trim off more. I went with the measurements that Cricket listed in her build - I believe it's 5" from the edge of the ridge to the edge of the bell, and 12" from top to bottom, but you should check in her thread to confirm.

Thanks Shasha, I found the thread, already good stuff on making ABS paste

So as I do more reading on these "new to me" threads, I am getting the message to fit the armor to the correct specs in the front first, then make any adjustments to the rear after the front has been connected.

The fronts of all limb pieces should be assembled first because their size is constant no matter what size you are. 

For anyone reading this with a WTF, make sure to read this thread:

8 minutes ago, LTM said:

The fronts of all limb pieces should be assembled first because their size is constant no matter what size you are. 

Not entirely true, although the main goal is to keep the cover strip to canon size it`s not always possible thus the need to go bigger even on the front - so your size does matter, personally I wouldn`t go bigger than 25 in the front or back regardless and shim if that doesen`t "cut it" size wise :)

• Like 1

I saw you quoted me, Lou, and my first thought was, "Did I write that?"  :huh:   haha... it's been a while since I've taken a look through my own threads.  

Anyhow, yeah, you don't need to be millimeter precise with the cover strips, just as close as you can to canon.  I don't think Tony or Andrew would pull out calipers for EIB or Centurion!  :)  And I can't imagine why anyone would want a huge cover strip anyhow- that would just look odd to me!  

• Like 1

Lets fix an "Oops" moment

TX0mqg1.jpg

Plastic has melted, consistency of marshmallow creme

7pcsWHu.jpg

Stormtrooper pimple

GvsjdoH.jpg

Once dried, will sand and more sand then polish 

• Like 2

trep·i·da·tion
ˌtrepəˈdāSH(ə)n/
noun

1. 1.
    a feeling of fear or agitation about something that may happen.
    "the men set off in fear and trepidation"
    synonyms: fear, apprehension, dread, fearfulness, fright, agitation, anxiety, worry, nervousness, tension, misgivings, unease, uneasiness, foreboding, disquiet, dismay, consternation, alarm, panic; More

A0qWU3o.jpg?1